PTR- California Cruisin' 15 Days 4 family members and a compact car?

I love your quilt!!

The containers for the pressed pennies are great!

The Hyatt is beautiful! I went to a genealogy seminar there. Absolutely beautiful! There is a Boudins Bakery within walking distance. Actually there are other places within walking distance. I'm assuming this is the one at the Embarcadero area. How exciting to be surprising your kids with Paradise Pier!!

Last edited:
Plan As and Plan Bs

Well we have had some changes over the last week....
Derek's Aunt Lee.... the lovely lady who is with us in the quilt picture, has an auto-immune disorder which is attacking her heart. {Prayers Please} And her daughter Kelly who was scoring our free room in San Francisco and touring around with us, will be moving back to Michigan for 3 months to help out with the next round of treatments. We are uncertain as to her departure date so we had to make a Plan B in the more likely event that we won't have her with us. Kelly was still a help finding us a great deal at the Hyatt Regency in a Balcony Bay view room. SO we added almost $400 to our trip but that is still an amazing rate for that location and view.

Screenshot_2015-05-25-11-49-01.png

Now the Plan B for the rental car- Thrifty had a rate last week of $905 for a full size which I held.
I still think it is worth shuttling over to Firefly to attempt to get our $368 rate upgraded. If we could save 300 or 400 dollars then it would cover the hotel. Still praying we have an amazing agent at the rental car desk :love1:

Starting to make a pile in my room of all the stuff we need to cram into our suitcases, and getting nervous its all going to fit!!!

Last edited:
Last Entry of the PTR!!

Countdown under 24 hours!!!!!!!

We got the important things taken care of this morning.... you know cute nails!

10014621_10205872637349303_8776205441954391791_n.jpg

She actually just went to get her toes touched up and the girl asked if she could try something on her fingers and this was the results! She is ecstatic.

Our things are now almost all packed and ready to roll when Derek gets out of work at 9pm. Trying to get everything into one large suitcase and two carryon roller bags is quite tricky! I weighed the big bag and I've got it registering at 49.8 pounds so we will see how tomorrow morning goes at checkin :earboy2:.

We are driving down to Detroit this evening to stay at the Amerihost Inn so we will be ready to roll at 5:30 as opposed to the 3:30 we would have to get up if we were home. Totally worth it in our book.

Oh!!!! I never showed you our travel day shirts..... your going to love this.
IMG_1622.jpg
Smouse.jpg

Well the next report probably won't be till we return..... but you never know!
:tinker:

Love your nails and shirts!

Prayers to your Aunt.

Have a fun trip!

wow, great job on the nails! very cool!

And love the shirts! What a great souvenir/memory from the trip too!

Following along! I love the shirts you guys are wearing :)

I'd love to go to the WDW food & wine festival someday with just DH, it sounds like such fun!

We stayed at the PPH on our trip a few weeks ago and loved it! Nothing but positive reviews here!

And your nails are FANTASTIC! :lovestruc

Just a quick check in from San Diego.... Just returned from the zoo which was amazing! Can't believe we only have one more day of vacation left before we head home :(:( :charac2: . Tomorrow will be a full day with Sea World, so tonight will be a dinner in Old Town and then early to bed!

Here is a sneak peak to whet your interest!

image.jpg3.jpg

image.jpg6.jpg

And of course!

image.jpg9.jpg

So much fun!

This TR is going to be a monster.

Can't wait to read your report since we are going to DL/San Fran in less than 40 days !!!!

Also looking forward to your report - we will be heading to SF and down to Disneyland later this year and hope to learn a bit about what to expect. Thanks for sharing!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter