PTR: 6-5-4-3-2-1 !!! NY-CANADA-NY June 2012/ Organizing the FE gifts! - 7 June

We live in a very informal country. DH owns one navy blazer that he keeps in the closet at my parents' house in NJ because that's the only place he might ever need it! He works in Dockers and button down shirts. The kids live in shorts and t-shirts for 8 months of the year, jeans or sweatpants or leggings and sweatshirts for the other 4 months. Only one DD13 is into fancy dressing. My other DD13 is absolutely not. Me, I like a good excuse to dress up!! Here's the other thing. As parents of a bunch of strong minded kids, we have, over the years, had to "choose our battles" carefully. Clothing has never been a battle we would fight (well, at long as they were covered!). So I need to be gentle about how I guide them for planning for dinner outfits, and "formal night" wear. For the boys it's always easier. They can all wear Dockers-type pants and a button down shirt or a polo shirt. Hopefully with shoes but likely with clean sneakers. DD13 who loves to dress up - the only issue will be limiting her packing!! DD13 who doesn't will be more difficult. I'll leave it at that:rolleyes1. There's that privacy issue here. Me, I'll have fun dressing for dinner! And I will enjoy seeing my gang in whatever each of their personal definition is of "nice clothes". Yet another thumbs' up for DCL, where we can be ourselves and feel great about it! I'm thinking of making sweatshirts for us with some of the great DISigns I've been lucky enough to get. When we were in WDW 2 years ago, I made up my own design
PPInDinosaurLandjpg-1.jpg

- not bad if I do say so myself! Wonder if sweatshirts or t-shirts make more sense for a June cruise to Canada...:confused3??

Good Morning:goodvibes!
Haven't posted in awhile - had some friends visiting from the States and was busy showing them around! Old friends, Gold friends:cloud9:! Anyway, two thoughts this morning. First, thank you to BuzzLightyearInTampa for posting all the movies from a recent Magic cruise:thumbsup2! Look at this list! I think that I'm going to have to pry my teens away from the screen to see some sunshine if the movies are this good in June:happytv:! Here's the list as posted by Buzz:

Movies shown:
-------------

Buena Vista Theater:
--------------------
Gnomeo and Juliet
Tangled
Winnie the Pooh
Cars 2
Real Steel
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Toy Story 3
The Help
The Muppets

In Room Features (each played over and over on its own channel)
---------------------------------------------------------------
Cowboys & Aliens
Kung Fu Panda 2
Smurfs
Lemonade Mouth
Green Lantern
Captain America
Zookeeper
Fast Five
Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 2
Hoodwinked Too: Hood vs Evil
Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer
Thor
Bolt
The Incredibles
Ratatouille
Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon

Second thought: I had an "aha" moment when I was cleaning up and ALMOST:scared1: threw out a bunch of advertising magnets! I can use them on the back of my door decorations! I'll print the magnet DISigns, laminate them, cut them out, and glue on the recycled magnets. :woohoo:Sound good?

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!:santa::flower3:

This all started as a celebration for the youngeer DS, for his special 13th birthday:bday:. So that is our main celebration onboard! I don't think we need to order a cake (so much food onboard anyway) but we will definitely tell the servers and make a nice big fuss! Being the +1 after triplets isn't easy, and he deserves being in the spotlight for this trip!!
IMG_0276.jpg

Do they do buttons on the ship, too? I think they do.
DCLHappyBDAyCarolynpin.jpg

Yes, with HIS name, though!
Do we choose one day to earmark as the official birthday? Will need to think which day. And magnets for their door, something special for his birthday. Green, his favorite color is green:bounce:. And t-shirts for us all, like we did for the big kids at WDW a few years ago...
As it turns out, we will be sailing one day after DH's birthday, too. So maybe he can get a little celebration , too? He doesn't like to be the center of attention, so maybe we'll have to do it quieter for him. Or maybe NOTparty:
My birthday is later in the summer. Originally we were going to be cruising around MY birthday and I had lots of fun planned - but then we moved our date. Well, I have a plan anyway. It's called bounce back or onboard reservation or something - and since I'm heading toward 50 in 2 years (now you know), I'm thinking that I might NEED to be one of the early cruisers on that line:cool1:!

We have a whole lot to celebrate and we're going to do it BIG:jumping1:!

Today I:
*officially signed up for our DISgroup's Fish Extender activity:cheer2:!
*basically decided on making 2 FEs, a 2 pocket for the adults and a 4 pocket for the kids, so that IF we sail without kids in the future:rolleyes: we'll be set!
*looked over the offerings at vistaprint and decided that "free" doesn't really mean "free" if they charge a bunch for processing and whatever.
*bought the first pirate shirt pirate: - found on sale for less tha $5 - for DS 13
*checked the DCL site; we are still waitlisted for early dining.
It's been a very productive day!
Night all!

Today I:
*officially signed up for our DISgroup's Fish Extender activity:cheer2:!
*basically decided on making 2 FEs, a 2 pocket for the adults and a 4 pocket for the kids, so that IF we sail without kids in the future:rolleyes: we'll be set!
*looked over the offerings at vistaprint and decided that "free" doesn't really mean "free" if they charge a bunch for processing and whatever.
*bought the first pirate shirt pirate: - found on sale for less tha $5 - for DS 13
*checked the DCL site; we are still waitlisted for early dining.
It's been a very productive day!
Night all!

Been 'out of pocket' for a bit, but sounds like you're really making progress! So excited for you! You'll love doing the FE for sure. I know what you mean about Vistaprint, it can be a good deal, but you really do have to check your quantities and shipping. And yay!:banana: for the Tshirt! I would think right now online you could find some great deals on past 'Halloween' T's.
And keep hoping for your 'early dining'! We got ours about 120 days out (I think it was when people started cancelling their ressies if they couldn't make it).
Know you're excited..Hope your Holidays were grand, and look forward to reading MORE of your excitement! Have fun planning!:)

Hi Folks!
Guess what I finally got the guts up to start today -- our FE:cool1:!!!!!!!! The plan is to make 2, one with 4 pockets for the kids' cabin, and one with 2 pockets for the grownups. I got this GREAT oilcloth awhile ago

Twopiecesofoilclothoriginalnotes-to-selfreadytostart-1.jpg

Then two weeks ago during a trip to NJ to visit family I spent a few hours at Michaels and got the rest of what I need. Well, for this project, all I really needed other that the oilcloth was ... DUCT TAPE:dance3:!

CDT36-STUB-RE210-2T.jpg

I am doing a hybrid FE. It's like a regular FE with the dimensions and general guidelines taken from the no-sew FE thread. But instead of glueing/ironing/sewing etc, I'm duct-taping! I did most of the first one today. When I'm done I'll write out all the details of how I did it:teacher:. It took me a few tries before I got the pocket attachment figured out.

You want to see:mickeyjum?

Reallypirate:?

OK, sneak preview...

Ta-daNotdoneyet-needborderandbackinganddecoration-butitsreal-1.jpg

Gabiwithalmost-doneFE-1.jpg

This is the 4-pocket FE, with the pockets partially attached. Still need to do the framing/border, attach the rod at the top, put a hanging rope/ribbon, and decorate. But I'm pretty psyched!

The 2-pocket will be with the opposite colors for background, pockets.
Cool, eh:woohoo:?

Hi! Just found your PTR. Your FE looks great. Can't wait to hear more about your trip planning!

Jill in CO

I LOVE your cute FE
So clever!!

I decided not to participate in FE this time, maybe next!

I am starting to think about packing, packing light, that is!
I am determined not to weigh my DH down with a bunch of bags!

Have you ever done laundry on a cruise?

Our trips are getting closer!
Yay us!,:cool1:

Hi! Just found your PTR. Your FE looks great. Can't wait to hear more about your trip planning!
Jill in CO
Thanks for reading:flower3:!! I'm enjoying writing, a good outlet for the obsession! TGF DIS!
I LOVE your cute FE
So clever!!

I decided not to participate in FE this time, maybe next!

I am starting to think about packing, packing light, that is!
I am determined not to weigh my DH down with a bunch of bags!

Have you ever done laundry on a cruise?

Our trips are getting closer!
Yay us!,:cool1:

They are getting closer, aren't they:woohoo:! My kids said "isn't it too early to start making these things" and I laughed! Actually, I think I'm running late! I can understand waiting to do FE until next cruise - it is a bit overwhelming. But I'm trying to take it easy, it's made for fun, so whatever will be will be...
Never cruised before either, so :confused3 laundry! I think I'm going to just pack 5 days worth for us. Thanks for reading along!:cloud9:

Happy March!
One month closer to ... JUNE:cool1:!
A few weeks ago DCL released the info on port adventures, and repeat cruisers have even started to make their reservations! I awaited the news with great excitement like everyone else, but I sort of figured that anyway we'd do the ports on our own. And that is probably how it's happening. But reading about all the port adventures really made it seem real, and it helped me figure out our plans, too.
Halifax first. For some reason I am having an easier time picturing this port. Wonder whether what I'm picturing has any similarity to the real place:rolleyes:!?
Here's what I'm thinking for this first port. What do you think?
Wake up, out of bed (banking on teens being excited for first port, willing to get up and out:scared:!), breakfast and off the ship.
Wander the port area, promenade/boardwalk/harbourside...
Look for sweet sticky drippy things to feed teens (parents?) like maybe this:

halifxport-1.jpg

BT_chocofamily_lg_1265873475-1.jpg

Beaver Tails!
Or maybe this:
cows-1.jpg

See the cow in front of the COWS icecream shack? Doesn't it look a lot like this one:

IMG_7521.jpg

Except that last one is in Israel, just North of Eilat. Anyway. Halifax.

After or between the food events, the goal is to get to the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. I'm really excited about this museum. I think it will have something for everyone!
http://museum.gov.ns.ca/mmanew/en/home/whattoseedo/permanentexhibits/default.aspx

After the museum I have in mind an optional detour. Depending on timing and willingness to detour, maybe we'll take a ferry ride over to Dartmouth and back again. The website says the ferry ride is only 12 minutes, but there will be time to wait for the ferry in each direction etc, so we'll have to see what the mood is. Because the next stop is another teen-request! Heading uphill, we'll look for the funky candy store also known as the Freak Lunchbox!
freaklunchbox.jpg

I'm hoping to find my childhood love, which we in the States called a Marathon bar,
marathon-logo1.jpg

but looks a lot like this Curly Wurly bar from Cadbury:
curly_wurly-1-1.jpg

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/curly-wurly.htm

So I'm hopeful.
THEN, we'll have to reevaluate our time and energy.
Some may want to head back to the ship.
I hope that some may agree to keep going and head up to the Citadel!

Halifax_CitadelAerial.jpg

Either way, I think that'll be a pretty well-packed day in Halifax for our first port day!

Hi! I just popped over from your comment on my PTR. Your report is great so far, I am glad to see another report about the Canada cruise. As a Canadian, I can say that June is pretty warm for us but I think that you are used to much warmer temperatures so you may need to bring those sweaters (especially being out over the ocean) :rotfl: Your FE looks great! I love the duct tape/no sew - so sad that you don't have any craft stores near you though. I don't know what I would do without them! It looks like your family has a lot of celebrating to do, and I look forward to reading more about your trip :goodvibes

Hi, I just found your PTR and am enjoying it. I live in Halifax and it sounds like you've planned a great day in our city. We're excited to have DCL visit our city and plan on coming down to the waterfront to see the Magic when she's at the pier. My kids are big fans of the Freak Lunchbox and we all enjoy the Maritime Musuem of the Atlantic. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you that you get great weather for your visit, as June can still be cool at times.

Hi! I just popped over from your comment on my PTR. Your report is great so far, I am glad to see another report about the Canada cruise. As a Canadian, I can say that June is pretty warm for us but I think that you are used to much warmer temperatures so you may need to bring those sweaters (especially being out over the ocean) :rotfl: Your FE looks great! I love the duct tape/no sew - so sad that you don't have any craft stores near you though. I don't know what I would do without them! It looks like your family has a lot of celebrating to do, and I look forward to reading more about your trip :goodvibes
Thanks for coming over to my PTR! I love when DISers say "hi", but when I started to write a PTR I promised myself that I'm not going to get caught up in how many "followers" I have, I'm just going to enjoy writing! And I know folks are reading 'cause there are lots of "hits" so that encourages me too! I'm going to keep a watch on yours, too - we can learn from each other!

Hi, I just found your PTR and am enjoying it. I live in Halifax and it sounds like you've planned a great day in our city. We're excited to have DCL visit our city and plan on coming down to the waterfront to see the Magic when she's at the pier. My kids are big fans of the Freak Lunchbox and we all enjoy the Maritime Musuem of the Atlantic. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you that you get great weather for your visit, as June can still be cool at times.
Thanks! How cool that the Magic is visiting your home town! And we'll be the only ship in town that day, too! If you come down to visit the waterfront you should carry a big DIS sign and then we can all come over and say hi! We're assuming it will be cooler than we're used to, planning on sweatshirts etc. We prefer cool to hot and humid:scared:!

I'm supposed to be focusing on DS's bar mitzvah which is in 16 days, but I can't just NOT think about the cruise, can I?? This is my therapy, my drug of choice, my preferred poison!
I'm going to try to do my own iron-on transfers.
I'm going to make sweatshirts, black sweatshirts (Canada, cold, ya' know...:rolleyes:). Black hooded sweatshirts.
I'm going to order these transfers:
http://www.amymickey.com/ironontransfer_page.html
This is going to be on the back:

nyc2Canada-1.jpg

And this will be on the front "breast pocket":

Disney_Cruise_Logo_black_white_orange-1.png

Not sure if to try to personlize it more...
And a bit nervous about doing it myself, but it seemed the best way, especially since I want to do black.

That's all for tonight, friends! Time to get the kids in bed and go see why the cats are snarling at each other!

I'm supposed to be focusing on DS's bar mitzvah which is in 16 days, but I can't just NOT think about the cruise, can I?? This is my therapy, my drug of choice, my preferred poison!
I'm going to try to do my own iron-on transfers.
I'm going to make sweatshirts, black sweatshirts (Canada, cold, ya' know...:rolleyes:). Black hooded sweatshirts.
I'm going to order these transfers:
http://www.amymickey.com/ironontransfer_page.html
This is going to be on the back:

nyc2Canada-1.jpg

And this will be on the front "breast pocket":

Disney_Cruise_Logo_black_white_orange-1.png

Not sure if to try to personlize it more...
And a bit nervous about doing it myself, but it seemed the best way, especially since I want to do black.

That's all for tonight, friends! Time to get the kids in bed and go see why the cats are snarling at each other!

popcorn:: Still following! Your cruise is coming up fast for sure!! Love all your FE stuff! Love your magnets! And WOW! These sweatshirts look great! I'm creative, but wouldn't have a clue how to make a T or sweatshirt by myself. You Go!

Ok., now tell yourself...On to the bar mitzvah...on the the bar mitzvah...:rotfl: You are as BAD as I was! You know you're so excited for your son, as this is his once-in-a-lifetime, but wow, THIS is a Disney cruise!:woohoo: So, YES, you can have all the excitement for Both of these events!:goodvibes

You are gonna be way beyond prepared, so that when you board the cruise, you'll have nothing but fun times, good eating, and sweet memories to make! You've done great keeping your trip report, would love to see your excitement when you get packed and board that plane!!:banana::banana::banana:

I love your sweatshirt designs!! Make sure you post some pictures for us when they are all finished so we can see how they turned out.

I don't have many followers on my TR's but I mainly write them to get out what I need to say so that I don't bug DH with it 24/7!! It is nice to have a few friendly faces around though, and maybe as I get more involved I will have more followers as well.

popcorn:: Still following! Your cruise is coming up fast for sure!! Love all your FE stuff! Love your magnets! And WOW! These sweatshirts look great! I'm creative, but wouldn't have a clue how to make a T or sweatshirt by myself. You Go!

Ok., now tell yourself...On to the bar mitzvah...on the the bar mitzvah...:rotfl: You are as BAD as I was! You know you're so excited for your son, as this is his once-in-a-lifetime, but wow, THIS is a Disney cruise!:woohoo: So, YES, you can have all the excitement for Both of these events!:goodvibes

You are gonna be way beyond prepared, so that when you board the cruise, you'll have nothing but fun times, good eating, and sweet memories to make! You've done great keeping your trip report, would love to see your excitement when you get packed and board that plane!!:banana::banana::banana:
Thanks for the encouragement! Both events are really part of the same, so it's all just a very exciting time for us. Reality has me focusing on the March 31st event, but my little DIS breaks help me stay sane! He loves green and wants the colors to be green/black/silver/white at the party. So yesterday I ordered M&Ms in those colors and we're going to use them to decorate the tables! Cool eh?
I don't have many followers on my TR's but I mainly write them to get out what I need to say so that I don't bug DH with it 24/7!! It is nice to have a few friendly faces around though, and maybe as I get more involved I will have more followers as well.
You may not have lots of people who have written, yet, but look how many people have read your PTR, already around 300!!!! :cool1:!!!! That says "followers" to me:cheer2:! It's the "Field of Dreams" attitude toward report-writing - "write it and they will come....". And, most of all, it gives us an outlet for our DISney crazies, with folks who understand our illness:eek:!

Hi!
Just found your pre-trip report! Glad I am not the only one in cruise planning mode! We are on your sailing too. It is our 8th Disney cruise and always love every minute of them!!! I am loving your pictures of Israel, just beautiful! I am following along!
Carol

Hi!
Just found your pre-trip report! Glad I am not the only one in cruise planning mode! We are on your sailing too. It is our 8th Disney cruise and always love every minute of them!!! I am loving your pictures of Israel, just beautiful! I am following along!
Carol

Thanks! Great to see a cruise-meet-FE-mate here! Welcome:flower3:! I can't believe how time is marching on. Remember when it was more than a year away?! We have PIF date coming up soon - last time we'll ever be first-time cruisers:cheer2:!

getting on board your trip report !! :goodvibes

by the way, it really doesn't matter where the ship is going - the point is being on a cruise...specifically, a disney cruise!! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter