PTR: 4 Adults, 3 Kids, 2 Birthdays, and our 1st Disneyland trip as a Family! (5/25 to 6/1)

4 Days!!!

I did my last (or I'm sure my DH hopes it is my last, ha!) shopping trip to get a few random things still on my list and snacks for the plane and just to have some little packs of crackers, granola bars, and fruit snacks for the girls in long lines or other times they may get hungry and we aren't near food. My girls are all under the age of 6, but I swear they have the appetites of teenage boys at times :rotfl2:

Made a nice dent in my to-do check list today! Hopefully I can get some pics in my next post of some of the outfits the girls will be wearing, I've had way too much fun putting those together for each day :) For now, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow is my oldest's last day of Kindergarten, and I'm planning to get everyone out the door a little early for a special Starbucks breakfast on the way! :woohoo:

Officially on summer vacation! My girls on the first & last day of school, they are getting so big :sad:

I'm posting from my phone, so hopefully these pics aren't gigantic!

THREE DAYS!!!!

Last edited:
Aw such cute photos!

Thanks!

We are down to the final HOURS! I was up almost all night packing the carry-ons and toiletries and getting all my memory cards for my camera emptied and formatted so they are ready to go :) I just got back from a last minute Target run (that was supposed to be for 2 pairs of $5 black bike shorts for my younger two, and might have ended with a triple digit total...amazing how that happens!) Ha! I'm running my last load through the wash to finish off the packing and then I'll be done. Woohoo!

I was telling my husband that it's such good timing to be going the week of two of my girls' birthdays because I've had to lock myself in our room to pack some of the things they don't know about yet (new shirts, princess dresses, etc.) and they think I'm wrapping presents. Which is kind of true!

Oh man, I'm so excited. This has come up so quickly and I know it'll be over before we know it.

I'll be switching this over to a trip report very soon. If I don't get to hop on and say hi and give an update while we are there, I'll be back soon with pics galore :-D

Those dresses are super cute and will be unique which is great!

Wow, summer vacation already? My kids still have a full month to go :scared:

Have a great trip and travel safe!

Those dresses are super cute and will be unique which is great!

Wow, summer vacation already? My kids still have a full month to go :scared:

Have a great trip and travel safe!

Thanks! We got tons of compliments on them, they were perfect for the weather too :)

Alaska (or at least Anchorage) school start mid-August and get out just before memorial day. I grew up in Seattle and always started after Labor Day and got out in mid-late June so it's a change!

Have a wonderful time! I can hardly wait to hear all about it!

Our trip was fabulous! I'm going to start working on my trip report ASAP, I got my pics all narrowed down and can't wait to write all about it!

I didn't mean to neglect this for so long! Getting back into the routine, slowly but surely :) I've started writing out my trip report in Pages (Apple's version of Word) and have a bunch of pictures to share, but I decided to start a new thread for the actual TR. Once I get that up I will link it from here as well :) Thanks for following along during my PTR, I'm so excited to share our trip with you guys!

Thanks!

We are down to the final HOURS! I was up almost all night packing the carry-ons and toiletries and getting all my memory cards for my camera emptied and formatted so they are ready to go :) I just got back from a last minute Target run (that was supposed to be for 2 pairs of $5 black bike shorts for my younger two, and might have ended with a triple digit total...amazing how that happens!) Ha! I'm running my last load through the wash to finish off the packing and then I'll be done. Woohoo!

Glad I'm not the only one who is up until the wee hours (or until dawn) doing these things before trips! I'm going to switch over to your trip report now and hear/read about how it went!

Glad I'm not the only one who is up until the wee hours (or until dawn) doing these things before trips! I'm going to switch over to your trip report now and hear/read about how it went!

I'm always such a packing procrastinator! I did get our clothes packed earlier, but had to wait until the very last minute (and late at night when the kids were all sleeping) to pack toiletries and carry-ons or they would've suspected something was up. Though in all honesty, I end up doing that on the trips they DO know about too so it really wasn't that much different ;-)

Hope you enjoy the TR! Thanks for reading!

I did get our clothes packed earlier, but had to wait until the very last minute (and late at night when the kids were all sleeping) to pack toiletries and carry-ons or they would've suspected something was up.

We did our first surprise trip in March for DD10's birthday. Because I'm the chairperson of my kids' school's book fair (which ended the night before we were leaving), I was at the school until 9-10 p.m. packing everything up from the fair and then found myself decorating the car (with Disney streamers, etc.) at midnight for the big surprise for the next morning and then packing anything that would have seemed suspicious if it had disappeared any earlier. And then, of course, waking up at 5 a.m. to start the trip.

I'm *finally* going to get to read your trip report, I hope, tonight, after the father's day festivities conclude!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter