PTR - 2015's USA Trip : The Disneyest Holiday Ever

Grand Floridian is BOOKED! Thanks to a little DIS help :) :)

Slight change of plans with our WDW stay, paring it down to just 2 resorts, starting in Art of Animation for 6 nights then GFV for 7 nights. David's are now charging a $2pp premium on bookings on popular resorts in the 7-11 month window. Rather than mucking around with Beach Club, I decided to just go with 2 WDW resorts. Less moving around and still ending up in my preferred resort for this trip.

Now to wait on my Grand Californian and Aulani bookings for DVC, then to organsie flights, Aoa, Universal and everything else in the new year (can't really organise flights until mid december)

Grand Floridian is BOOKED! Thanks to a little DIS help :) :)

Slight change of plans with our WDW stay, paring it down to just 2 resorts, starting in Art of Animation for 6 nights then GFV for 7 nights. David's are now charging a $2pp premium on bookings on popular resorts in the 7-11 month window. Rather than mucking around with Beach Club, I decided to just go with 2 WDW resorts. Less moving around and still ending up in my preferred resort for this trip.

Now to wait on my Grand Californian and Aulani bookings for DVC, then to organsie flights, Aoa, Universal and everything else in the new year (can't really organise flights until mid december)

Hi Losfp
I have been reading along and getting extremely jealous of your upcoming trip, it sounds amazing.:)

Just to throw another idea out there, we just came back from a USA trip spending two weeks at Disneyworld. We stayed at AoA the entire time, but did a split stay within that resort. One week in a Little Mermaid Room and the second week in one of the Cars Suites. With the different themed pools, it did feel like we had 'two different experiences', although, of course the food court etc was the same (but hey, Pop Century is just on the other side of the bridge).

Regardless, if you do just stay in one of the Little Mermaid Rooms, you will have an amazing time, the theming is lovely.:)

I'm pleased it's all coming together for you.

That is interesting about Davids charging more for earlier bookings. With those resorts being so much in demand, I guess it was only a matter of time before that happened.

Just to throw another idea out there, we just came back from a USA trip spending two weeks at Disneyworld. We stayed at AoA the entire time, but did a split stay within that resort. One week in a Little Mermaid Room and the second week in one of the Cars Suites. With the different themed pools, it did feel like we had 'two different experiences', although, of course the food court etc was the same (but hey, Pop Century is just on the other side of the bridge).

Thanks for the suggestion! We did think about booking one of the suites, but for about the same price, we could get a deluxe property. I'm not sure the AoA suites are great value, though they look amazing. We'll also only be at AoA for about 6 nights, which is not super long to be doing a split stay. Still, depending on whether we can get a last minute deal or something....

That is interesting about Davids charging more for earlier bookings. With those resorts being so much in demand, I guess it was only a matter of time before that happened.

Yep. In theory I have nothing against this move and in fact I think it's a good thing if it helps people secure bookings if it makes owners more willing to part with their points in that early period. In our case, Beach Club was more of a "nice to have" so I opted to just extend the GF stay slightly and cut out one required move day.

YAY! Congrats on getting the GF.

Indeed yes! The property looks amazing, and is right on the monorail loop so I think we'll enjoy it.

ARGH. The 11-month window has just opened for Grand Californian and David's has no points available for the Grand Cali. None. Nada. I'm on a waitlist now but am looking into other alternatives....

Might be going back to the HoJo after all... Which I don't mind too much, we enjoyed it last time. Would be nice to stay at the Cali, but I'm not going to spend regular rates on it.

Ah, plenty of things have gone right so far in the planning of this trip, and the Grand Cali was always going to be the toughest reservation to secure. No matter, I have some alternative plans :) And who knows, points could come through on waitlist with some availability still remaining for our dates.

ARGH. The 11-month window has just opened for Grand Californian and David's has no points available for the Grand Cali. None. Nada. I'm on a waitlist now but am looking into other alternatives....

Might be going back to the HoJo after all... Which I don't mind too much, we enjoyed it last time. Would be nice to stay at the Cali, but I'm not going to spend regular rates on it.

thats disappointing. I think i will end up in the same boat when trying to get booking for December 2015

Hey just joined in!
I was on waitlist for about 3 months before I got a studio at grand Cali-don't give up yet. You're trip looks amazing

All's well... that ends well :)

When the disappointing email came through from one broker, I began looking into alternatives. First of all, I reached out to the DIS member from whom I am renting points for Grand Floridian and Aulani. He only had enough points for 2 nights at the Grand Californian, so I snapped them up for the last two days of the Anaheim stay - at the very least I wanted to finish the west coast stint at the GC.

Next, I put in a request at a different DVC rental broker who indicated they had Grand Californian points available. It was a nervous couple of days (both regarding the points availability and the reservation availability) but it came through in the end with the first six nights for Anaheim. So now I have my desired 8 nights at the GC, albeit in 2 separate reservations. I may have to change rooms mid-way but that's one more thing crossed off the list and one more step towards booking everything :)

When the disappointing email came through from one broker, I began looking into alternatives. First of all, I reached out to the DIS member from whom I am renting points for Grand Floridian and Aulani. He only had enough points for 2 nights at the Grand Californian, so I snapped them up for the last two days of the Anaheim stay - at the very least I wanted to finish the west coast stint at the GC.

Next, I put in a request at a different DVC rental broker who indicated they had Grand Californian points available. It was a nervous couple of days (both regarding the points availability and the reservation availability) but it came through in the end with the first six nights for Anaheim. So now I have my desired 8 nights at the GC, albeit in 2 separate reservations. I may have to change rooms mid-way but that's one more thing crossed off the list and one more step towards booking everything :)

That's great news! Glad everything came through for you :goodvibes

Congrats! That's great news.

The last of my DVC bookings has been made - 5 nights in Aulani to finish off the holiday.

Now to get working on the flights and other accommodation......

Are the two bookings at VGC the same view and room type.

Oh wow, really! I was contemplating doing the same but I ended up booking hojo, now I will just wait until the 7 month mark and attempt to get a few nights there with my own points, I am not placing too much hope on it though!

The last of my DVC bookings has been made - 5 nights in Aulani to finish off the holiday.

Now to get working on the flights and other accommodation......

Just fyi, I have been keeping an eye on Hawaiian airlines, when they are on special you can get return SYD - LA for just over $1200, with stops in Hawaii both directions though. This suits us well as we don't mind the stop over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter