• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PTN Dining Packages

disneyland_is_magic

DIS Veteran
Any word on current pricing for 2016 PTN packages returning for holiday 2016? No sign on the DL website. I was looking at the available dates to book and they seem to stretch to Jan 8th, so I assume that's how long the parade will stay? Also, while the park/event hours are not fully out it appears some nights the parade will be at 6:30 and 10:30, with the fireworks at 9:30 in the middle? I find that odd? Is that likely to change?

If you book the Blue Bayou, how do you determine what to tip off of? Any thoughts on the main street viewing area compare to the one by Small World?

Most important, is there a discount for AP holders?

Thanks and any random thoughts on this dining package are greatly appreciated!

I don't have any answers on the dining packages or discounts for APs, but I am booked for the Aladdin's Oasis grab n go package on 11/20, so I can try to report on that one at that time if no one else has yet, though I am assuming someone will get to it before I do.

For Blue Bayou, I would tip based on the total price on the bill as usual. Depending on party size, sometimes they calculate the tip for you. It's been a while since I've been though, so I'm not sure if that's changed.

I have viewed PtN from both locations. For PtN without any other entertainment (thankfully, there's a gap before and after the fireworks), either spot is fine. The majority of the parade is up high, so it's pretty easy to see from anywhere. Little kids might need to be held up if you get stuck in the back row for the IASM area, but if you get there early enough that's not a problem.

I am curious as to what exactly is this?

Thanks

I know it's a dinner/lunch in a tray you pick up and eat at your leisure and with it you get preferred seating ticket near Small World for Paint the Night. I believe they have tables you can use if you want to eat it immediately. I am curious how it works, like if you're eating cold chicken or cold lasagna?!
But I am curious to hear more as well since it's significantly cheaper than Blue Bayou. I mostly want the PTN ticket.

I know it's a dinner/lunch in a tray you pick up and eat at your leisure and with it you get preferred seating ticket near Small World for Paint the Night. I believe they have tables you can use if you want to eat it immediately. I am curious how it works, like if you're eating cold chicken or cold lasagna?!
But I am curious to hear more as well since it's significantly cheaper than Blue Bayou. I mostly want the PTN ticket.

Where do you purchase these in the park?

We paid $68 per person for the Blue Bayou package for Fantasmic which I'm pretty sure is how much these packages cost. We did get an AP discount and we tipped about $40. I believe our total bill for two of us, minus AP discount plus tip was $160.

Here's a thread about PTN from a few months ago, which references another thread I started in May. Can't guarantee menus/pricing are the same but it does give other details. We did the ALaddin package in May and booked it again for later this month. It worked really well for us -- we didn't want to spend the time and money on a BB meal.
http://disboards.com/threads/paint-...nt-verdict-on-this-one.3522224/#post-56007135

When I spoke to a CM the other day about the package at BB, I was told $62 for adults and $25 for children. You can choose anything from the regular menu (app,entree, dessert) he did not seem to think there were any special items. Any time before 5 is for the first showing, and after 5 is the 2nd one. No discount for AP.

We did the Aladdin package in June, and it was great. We ate there rather than taking it with us. The selection was limited but the food was good. Our seating area worked out very nicely - we got there about 30 minutes prior to the parade and had plenty of good spaces available.

We did the Aladdin's Oasis package on 9/5 (which was the "last day" of PTN), and I would recommend it. As you said, the food was in a plastic tray. They heated it up, and yes there are tables there you can use to eat. There were plenty of tables available when I was there. We didn't end up eating the food right away, but we took it back to our hotel and ate it later. I had the lasagna, it was fine. I think the kids got some kind of pasta, I don't remember now. Food quality didn't really matter to me much since I wanted the PTN ticket like you. It actually took quite a long time to get our food though, that was probably the main downside.

I enjoyed the PTN seating area. We arrived just at the time when they were letting people in. I don't remember what time exactly, but around the time listed on the ticket. There was a long line which wrapped around from the entrance to the end of the "street" between Small World and the seating area over to the other side in front of IASW. Despite that, we were still able to get good seats, sitting on a ledge with our feet on the ground floor at street level. It was basically in the second row, right behind people sitting on the ground in front of the rope. And we weren't packed tight or anything, we could have squished together a bit to make more space but it wasn't needed. Would have been perfect if the person right in front of me in the first row wasn't standing up the whole time, insisting that "everyone does it", somehow ignoring the fact that no one else in the front row was standing, lol. Still great view despite that.

9/5 was pretty much as packed as it's going to get I would imagine. The CMs at the Oasis said that you can usually buy the Aladdin's Oasis PTN package on a walk-up basis without reservations, but for that particular day they were only accepting reservations and turning everyone else away. Unless they make the seating area smaller or increase the cap, I don't think it can get much more crowded than it was on 9/5. But the PTN seating experience was stress-free.

After the parade, people just walked across the street to stand in front of IASW where they had projections for the Disneyland Forever fireworks. I was able to see the projections no problem, but if you're shorter it might be difficult since everyone was standing. Not sure what kind of fireworks they are having this time around.

We went to Blue Bayou on a separate day (just regular reservations without PTN package) and really enjoyed it as well. I don't know anything about the BB/PTN seating area though.

Overall I recommend it. We are booking the Aladdin's Oasis PTN package again for Thanksgiving weekend.

Quick question. Can I assume the Aladdin's package does not include a drink? So if we want to eat it there we need to bring our drink with us?

We did it last night for the second show, which worked perfectly. Our booking was for 6:45pm and we chose to use their tables to eat. I don't know how we would have gone balancing those trays on our laps! The food was good and it was hot - they were quite small serves though. We got a bottle of drink each.

We watched the fireworks from near Tomorrowland then walked over to the reserved PTN area. We were the first in line which amazed me in a Saturday night! There ended up only being about 15 people in that reserved area so we had plenty of space and everyone had a fantastic view. It was absolutely worth the money to get that view!

Thanks so much for the great review! We pulled the trigger on it - figured we would spend about that much on a meal, and don't have to sweat finding a place to view the parade. Compared to the $$$ for the WOC dessert party, which I still just can't decide, this seems like a great deal. Very excited!

We did the Blue Bayou package on Friday night and Aladdin's Oasis Saturday night.

We got really lucky with Blue Bayou. Since the packages were added so late in the game and they hadn't kept openings back to offer, there weren't many packages sold. We had a 4:40 ADR but checked in at 4 and were seated almost right away. When we got to the viewing area, I chatted with the CM there. He worked the area previously. He said they typically have a couple hundred people there but were only expecting around 60 that night. Not sure what happened but there were only around 15 people there for that showing. That made for a remarkable experience. Not sure how I would feel about 200 people there.

We were first into the Aladdin's Oasis section and chose spots over near the end next to the rope by the VIP chairs. That area really did fill up and we felt pretty squished. I'm guessing there was more space elsewhere in the section, but I have no idea.

We really enjoyed actually eating the box meals that afternoon. The park was crazy busy, and it was great to duck into the seating area with all that space to eat. There was maybe one other group in there at the same time. It was SO peaceful to escape the crowds that way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter