• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PSA: Sell your broken stuff on ebay!

torinsmom

<font color=red>I have someone coming to scoop<br>
I am just amazed that people will buy your broken items. DS has a PSP that has a broken screen. I called several places about repairing it, and it would cost $70-$80 to fix it. The new PSP bundle with a game, memory card and video was $146 with tax. I put the broken PSP on ebay and it is up to $61.50 with an hour left. I will basically come out better by getting the new one. I've sold a broken DS before as well for $50. I guess people buy them, fix them, and then sell them.

So, don't throw it away; sell it on ebay!:goodvibes

That sounds like a good idea. Just make sure that you let people know that it will need to be fixed. I think I'll go look and see what I have...

That sounds like a good idea. Just make sure that you let people know that it will need to be fixed. I think I'll go look and see what I have...

Yes, it's a good idea to list it "For parts only." So people won't get confused and think it works. Back when laser printers were really expensive, I bought a broken one, the same model as the one I had and was able to change out laser drum & toner cartridge (both barely used,) for a about a third of what it would cost me to replace both of those. :thumbsup2

It just sold for $81!:scared1: I am always honest in my description; for instance for this auction, the title was Sony PSP 2001 Black complete system---Broken screen

And description: This PSP is in great cosmetic condition. The LCD screen was damaged about a week after it was bought and it has just been sitting on a shelf. My son decided to get a different game system instead of getting this PSP repaired. Just needs a new screen. You can put in a game, turn it on and hear the game, but not see it through the screen. Comes with the battery, charger and memory card.

Shipping includes insurance.

I've sold broken items on eBay and Craigslist. Parts can be expensive so buying a broken item for parts can be cheaper than buying the part alone. Just add "for parts" or "as is" and describe the problem as torinsmom did. Great way to get rid of old electronics.:thumbsup2

It just sold for $81!:scared1: I am always honest in my description; for instance for this auction, the title was Sony PSP 2001 Black complete system---Broken screen

And description: This PSP is in great cosmetic condition. The LCD screen was damaged about a week after it was bought and it has just been sitting on a shelf. My son decided to get a different game system instead of getting this PSP repaired. Just needs a new screen. You can put in a game, turn it on and hear the game, but not see it through the screen. Comes with the battery, charger and memory card.

Shipping includes insurance.

Good for you! Probably the person you sold it to had used their PSP to death, but knew their screen still worked. Now they can just swap out their screen onto yours.

A while back my hinge broke on my laptop screen. If I had HP fix it, it would have cost $150. Once I looked up directions on how easy it is to change the hinge, I bought a replacement hinge off eBay for $15 period. No extra zero in the end. :dance3: Works great now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter