PSA if you have hamsters, rats, etc.

dhardawa

DIS Veteran
If you have small animals, avoid this bedding (and others like it). We had a 7 week old baby rat get a piece wrapped around her foot and it cut off circulation. I'm not sure how long it was on there (it couldn't have been more than 24 hours), but her little foot was so swollen that I could barely see the string. It took about 30 minutes to finally get it loose. The whole time, she was crying. Of course, it was 10:00 at night so we couldn't run her to the vet or else I would have. Thankfully, the swelling is completely gone and she's using it like normal today.

Do not ever buy this stuff!

http://www.kaytee.com/all-products/small-animal/kaytee-night-e-night-nesting-material

Here is a comparison of what her foot should look like and what it looked like last night.

IMG_0533.JPG IMG_0535.jpg

Aww I'm soooo sorry to hear about your pet's pain like that makes me cringe just thinking about it. I hope all continues to be well with her foot!

Thanks.

Glad the foot seems ok. Continue to watch it for signs of tissue death if the circulation was seriously cut off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter