PS/Reservations: Before your trip....or wait till you arrive?

ItzKaren

Earning My Ears
A question about PS/Reservations.

We will be in Disneyland from July 1-8, staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Should we make some PS Reservations prior to leaving.....or wait until we arrive? We have a few "must go's"......Goofy's Kitchen, Blue Bayou, Avalon Cove. We haven't been to DL in 5 years...and don't remember making any reservations ahead of time before.

At this point, we don't have a "solid" touring plan.....just a few ideas......Wondering if we can ask the conceirge CM to help with reservations once we arrive and decide what to do. We do know that we want to eat at Goofy's Kitchen for our "first" dinner......we have fond memories of being there when the kids were much younger......so planning that for Monday evening.

Any advice on the need of PS/Reservations prior to arrival....and opinions on restaurant choices would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much......Karen

Boy, that's usually a very busy time of the year! I'd definately make the Goofy's Kitchen reservation NOW! I'd also make the other reservations as well. Also, you can make Blue Bayou reservations the day you want them by stopping by the restaurant in the morning for later in the same day. Remember, you can always call to change reservation times or show up a little earlier and they may accommodate you. However, without reservations you'll probably experience a long wait. Have fun!:D

I would at least make a PS for Goofy's Kitchen NOW if you consider it a must-do. We were in DL June 15-21. I called early in our stay to make a Goofy's Kitchen dinner PS and was told they were booked up for the next two weeks.
On the other hand, we were able to make same day (even as close as two hours before) reservations at Avalon Cove and Hook's Pointe. We stopped by Goofy's Kitchen on our way to Hook's Pointe, and the wait time was 45 minutes.

What if a person is staying in a Good Neighbor hotel? How soon can we make PS?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter