Providing documentation for pregnancy

gail228

Mouseketeer
How do you document your pregnancy and number of weeks pregnant when registering/checking in for cruise? What documentation is needed? Is there anything that is required to be completed by the physician?

If anyone can direct me to the actual document or provide a copy, that would really be appreciated!

Thanks all! Happy New Year to all my fellow DISers!

We are taking a Royal Caribbean cruise in a few weeks as a babymoon/early 5th anniversary trip. My doctor is going to write a letter stating how many weeks/days pregnant I am on the day the cruise leaves and how many weeks/days I will be on the day it returns. There should be something on the Disney cruise site under FAQ's about pregnancy. I don't think there is a form or anything, just the basics that your doctor needs to write (and it must be written by your doctor - they are very strict about this since there is obviously no neonatal care on ships).

There used to be a section of the medical form (available at the documents section of the DCL web site) that addressed the pregnancy issue and provided for the doc's signature.

I've read on these boards that it was being eliminated, but I don't know that from DCL. At the very least, I'd have a note on a prescription pad documenting your due date and how far along you will be on the sailing date. Better to have it and not need it than to be denied boarding because you don't have it!

i've had several conversations with several different CMs about this, and gotten different answers - but the last time it finally got escalated to a manager who said that she'd send out an update to everyone so the information would be consistent.

you DO NOT need a doctor's note. (it's actually against HIPAA regulations to require it.) at this point in time, if you indicate when you register and on your online check-in that you are pregnant but will not have entered your 24th week prior to boarding, they technically have all the documentation they need.

i was also told that it didn't hurt to have a doctor's note in case there were questions at boarding (???) so i got one, but there's no official form or anything.

again, i got a different story every time i called - but the last call sounded like a definitive answer. i board in 4 days so let's hope!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter