• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Proud and Confused new owner of a Big Kick

1ST time at DW

Earning My Ears
Hi all Hope everything has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.I bought a Big Kick fron Jo"s and a Sizzix Flower Layers #3 die Am I to use the Multi Purpose platform when using this die?. It seems alot wider than my big kick opening.Would really appreciate any how-to and or video on Big Kick. Thanks

There are a few great YouTube videos out there - sure you'll find them when googling "Big Kick tips" or whatever.

When using the #3 die (that is one of the thick ones, I think - I've got that one?) - don't use the multi-purpose platform. I just use my two Cuttlebug B plates. The multi-purpose one gets used with those thin Sizzlits, etc, dies.

Watch one of the online videos - it will get a lot clearer!

No. That is an original die and you only need to sandwich it between the two clear plates foam side up. If you look at your multi-purpose platform there should be directions on when to use what tabs for different types of dies/plates/etc.

I haven't checked in a while but www.sizzix.com has some videos out there.
www.sizzix.com
> products
>> product videos
>>> machines tab
or the dies and embossing tab

Since you are just starting out check out the www.sizzix.com outlet section. You can pick up some dies at a great price if they are something you use?

You can use most dies in the Big Kick. Quickutz, Cuttlebug and Spellbinders are a few of them.

Typically when buying sizzix dies unless you absolutely need a specific die right away if you wait you can usually get it for 40-50% off.

Besides www.sizzix.com I check out the following to see what they have on sale.

www.joann.com (They typcially have sales at 40-50% off and watch for a free shipping code)

www.scrapyland.com (Lately they've had Quickutz dies at great prices over the last 6 months or so. On occations they will have their Sizzix dies on sale and also the Spellbinder dies.)

www.scrap-mart.com (Occationally they have great sales and on some of the products they offer free shipping w/o a minimum order.)

Enjoy! Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter