• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

pros and cons which flight to take

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
not sure which flight would work out better--we are staying the end of jan

this is just going to be a resort stay well just enjoy the weather and do other things then parks this time maybe do one park day well see

so our flights coming home since we like non stop is either 725am or 655pm

since this is a resort stay well be seeing all the things that arent park related so while usually the later flight is great but even if we can extend the room till noon

that still give us a long time and well have seen and done everything we wanted to during the week

but on the other hand it would be nice to get home early but getting up so early is not a lot of fun this flight is also cheaper then the later one

also are the towncar places running so early thinging of tiffany

any advice please

thanks

I would lean toward the later one. But, how much cheaper is the morning? What time would you be getting home? Do you have to work the next day?

Yes, I know people say take the earliest flight possible, but I'd want to get to the airport by 530, means getting picked up at 445-5, means waking up at 4. I'd rather take the chance my flight is delayed. The other factors I mention would help determine what I'd do.

I always choose the latest available flight.
Sleep in. Request a late checkout. It might be possible.
Book a nice lunch, maybe at DS.
Get to the airport a bit early.
It’s just much more relaxing to me. :)

The 7:25 am flight means you would have to get up REALLY early. Not sure I would want to get up at 4:00 am while on vacation...........LOL. I prefer the mid-morning flights since you can get up at your usual time, pack, eat breakfast then head off to the airport. Since that isn't one of your choices, I would go for the 6:55 pm flight. Perhaps you can spend some time at Disney Springs before heading off to the airport. This also gives you time to eat dinner before the flight since airlines tends to mostly serve snacks or peanuts/preztels so I always eat prior to the flight.

Then 655p could get delayed. Is there a school or work requirement early the day after you return. If your flight is delayed can you take the off?

If you are traveling during the summer thunderstorm period I'd recommend the morning flight. Afternoon flights during thunderstorm season are more likely to be delayed.

If you are traveling during the summer thunderstorm period I'd recommend the morning flight. Afternoon flights during thunderstorm season are more likely to be delayed.
OP says "end of January". Either way, the evening flight is going to be the one that's more likely to be delayed. The 725a flight PROBABLY was at the airport overnight. Unless I had to minimize the chance of a delay (work/school the next day), I still like the evening flight. Getting up at 4am is no fun on vacation.

6:55p flight - no question. That gives you an extra 1/2 day in a park, or even just go grab a late breakfast then come back to the pool for a dip (you can go still back to the pool on checkout day, you just won't have a room). You still need to be headed to the airport by 3:30 or 4. That's not as much time as you think. OTOH - that 7:30 flight in no bueno. You will have to be packed and out of the room before sunrise. Hard pass if I can help it, every time.

It depends on where you live. If you're going to a place where there might be snow or ice, I'd take the early flight so you could arrive in the daytime.

A couple more things to consider:

If there is a weather event that cancels your flight, the seats on the "next available flight" will be more plentiful earlier in the day over the domino effect that will happen as the day progresses and more and more flights are cancelled. The folks on the late flight could have a several day wait until operations resume as normal. Use a credit card that offers insurance for this type of situation--and don't assume anything, read the fine print on the T&C's for your card. Most airline affinity cards do not offer travel delay coverage!

If you don't have PreCheck, the suggested arrival time for MCO is three hours prior to your flight. Most aircraft begin boarding 30-45 minutes prior to departure, and they will not hold the plane for you. Additionally, if you aren't in the boarding area at least 15 minutes before the flight is scheduled to leave, your seat can be given to a standby passenger. The airline Contract of Carriage is not friendly to those who are running late.

Do you all have the next day off? If so, choose the evening flight. Is there work/school the next day? If so, choose the morning flight.

not sure which flight would work out better--we are staying the end of jan

this is just going to be a resort stay well just enjoy the weather and do other things then parks this time maybe do one park day well see

so our flights coming home since we like non stop is either 725am or 655pm

since this is a resort stay well be seeing all the things that arent park related so while usually the later flight is great but even if we can extend the room till noon

that still give us a long time and well have seen and done everything we wanted to during the week

but on the other hand it would be nice to get home early but getting up so early is not a lot of fun this flight is also cheaper then the later one

also are the towncar places running so early thinging of tiffany

any advice please

thanks
We'd do the later...that's one more day of sleeping in and laying at the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter