• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pros and Cons of each appartment complex?

ArielinWonderland

Mouseketeer
I have read a little about each apartment complex, but I was wondering what specific features about each are, and if you have done the program before, why did you like/dislike where you were living?

I will be under 21 when I arrive (though I will turn 21 while there -- I don't think I would move because of this, but would my ID get changed? I heard they say under 21) so I would be living in wellness, if this makes a difference for locations.

I'm currently living in Patterson and I love it!

I did a blog entry about the pros and cons of living there, and you're more than welcome to read it.

http://lamayfield.blogspot.com/2011/09/patterson-court-apartment.html

One thing that I forgot to mention in the blog entry is that Patterson (and now Chatham) have the fancy shmancy laundry facilities. Instead of using quarters to start machines, you can use any debit or credit card. Also, there is a website where you can check how many machines are available before you drag all of your stuff over there. And you can even get a text to your phone when your laundry cycle has finished. Love it!! :love:

Overall, Patterson has a really nice and clean feel. Some people avoid it because they think it's much more expensive than the other complexes, but in my 3-bedroom we only pay a couple dollars more than a 3-bedroom in another complex. It doesn't have its own bus stop, but the walk over to Chatham's bus stop from my apartment only takes three minutes or so.

Is it recommended to have the highest number of roommates? Or is fewer better?

Is it recommended to have the highest number of roommates? Or is fewer better?

It all depends on your living style. If you have a 3 or 4-bedroom, your weekly rent taken out of your paycheck will be cheaper, but your apartment will be busier. If you have a 1 or a 2-bedroom, you'll pay more, but you don't have to share the public spaces (living room and kitchen) with as many people. There are pros and cons to both so what sounds better will change for each person. :) No matter how many bedrooms your apartment has, each bedroom will have two people.

One thing that I forgot to mention in the blog entry is that Patterson (and now Chatham) have the fancy shmancy laundry facilities. Instead of using quarters to start machines, you can use any debit or credit card. Also, there is a website where you can check how many machines are available before you drag all of your stuff over there. And you can even get a text to your phone when your laundry cycle has finished. Love it!! :love:

Is this wesbite Laundryview, by any chance?

Yes, they did just start using Laundryview here.

Like has been said, there are pros and cons to all complexes. Here's a few bullets:

- Vista is cheapest but oldest. They have no balconies and (I'm 99% sure) no 1/4 bedroom apartments. It is off of the main road of 535, so it is within walking distance of Walgreens, 7-eleven, Chik-fil-a, Applebees, and Starbucks, but also has it's reputation as more of a "party" apartment for a reason
- Chatham (where I live) and Patterson are virtually the same, in location, rent and apartments. If you are torn between the two and don't have a car (like me), go with Chatham if only so you don't have to walk as far to the buses. From Chatham/Patterson you can walk to Mickey's Retreat, the premium outlets, McDonald's, Walgreens, Outback Steakhouse and Publix. All but Mickey's are not nearly as close as any of the Vista walking stops but are doable (first hand experience).
- More roommates means less rent, but means more potential for problems. Plus you get the same size fridge/pantry for 2 people in a 1 bedroom as you do with 8 people in a 4 bedroom
- If you turn 21 during your program Price Management will give you the option to relocate to a 21+ apartment for free (any other time you have to move, unless they're asking you to consolidate, means you pay a relocation fee). If you chose to stay in the under 21 apartment you will need to sign a form stating you will not bring alcohol in.

I'm currently living in Patterson and LOVE it here. Vista definitely has a reputation but some of my coworkers live there and don't have any problems. Chatham and Patterson are similar, we have bigger closets though. lol

when i did my program, i'm pretty sure they were clearing the land for patterson LOL and i said that if i ever got to go back, i'd want to stay there.

my original program(jan-may 07), i stayed at vista with 5 other people. i ran into roommate problems blech. then once i extended(may-aug), i don't know if this still happens now, but we had the option of going to sabal palms that were across the street from the vista/chickfila entrance. i stayed there for about a month with 3 other people but they all moved out bc it was such a hassle trying to catch the bus and everything. then finally, my last month(july-aug), i moved into chatham with 3 people. as much i loved paying the cheaper rent, it was so much more awesome with less people around!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter