Pros and Cons and Online Check-in

maybe its just me, but i dont trust the internet with things...my card has been cloned a couple of times, anyway... i like checking in the normal way, i love it, i may be sad, and i've been to disney 4 times now, but i like the whole speech they give....though, i think after 20 times of going to disney i might change my mind :)

If you do online check-in, what happens when you get to the resort? I understand that you stand in a different line but you Still interact with a CM, don't you? :confused3 Would love to know what to expect. Thanks!

We did a split stay in Aug...for CBR, I used online check in and it was great...THEY DO READ YOUR RESERVATION REQUESTS!!!...The CM welcomed us and the first words out of her mouth were, I know you asked for Top Floor Jamiaca but we have a room ready for you Top Floor Aruba (bldg 51)...at first I was like, can I have a Jamiaca room instead and she said sure but it is not ready yet, your Aruba room is....at 10am and you have my room ready...I will take Aruba....it was nice to know they had my request and were trying to make it the best possible for me. Aruba was great and a quick walk over the bridge!

Now for CSR, I went old fashion and did normal check in...HATED IT:mad:...now some of it was the staff...they seemed busy and like I was just another face in the crowd but it was not personal and it felt like I received less service and I waited 3xs as long....I did get my Ranchos request at CSR but they did not give me the building I wanted, and they could have cared less....we were part of a grand gathering on this ressie so that may have affected it.

I just liked that even though it was online check in, not only were they efficient and attentive but they still cared and wantedto get it right! I thought that was awesome...I am officially on the ONLINE bandwagon :banana::worship::banana::worship:

We did online check-in back in June...and we still received an upgrade!:) We were booked for 6 nights in a GV room at the Grand Floridian, and we were upgraded to Sugar Loaf! So, in our case anyway, doing online check-in did NOT prevent us from getting an upgrade. We won't hesitate to do it for our next trip!!!

Can you request a specific room or building when you complete on-line check-in? I tried it a while back but there was no where to put in a specific request, so I was hoping they had added that. Thanks!

I did the online check-in this morning. They still do not have place for you to make any room requests or any place to make a note for CMs to see.

Is there any way around not giving a credit card number? We have never charged anything back to our room in all of the trips and have never given them a credit card number when checking in. Has anyone tried without giving them the cc info?

We also never charge anything to our rooms. I did not have to include a credit card. It did ask if me about not adding a credit card when I completed the check-in and if I wanted to procced without one and you just have to click continue.

Just did online check-in and thought it was great. (We stayed at Pop.) Can't think of a con. Everything was ready for us. My TA had noted all our requests on our original reservation. Even though there was no place online to make the same requests again, they still honored them all. I actually noticed on my folder it said "check requests". We asked for a quiet room in the 70's building 1st floor (for stroller) which is what we got. They had birthday buttons ready for us and everything. Didn't worry about an upgrade, since it's Pop the only upgrade is to 60's and we didn't want to be near a pool. Just make sure you have your requests on your reservation and you should be fine.

I was thinking of doing this with our November trip. Does anyone know if all of your party would have to come inside to get checked in. I heard when you have free dining, all of your party has to show ID. We get two rooms since we have a 21 year old and a 17 year old. Could they just stay in the car in parking lot?

I did the on-line check in for my recent visit to POFQ (8/24). While everything went smoothly, my only "con" would be that the cast members at POFQ took guests out of the regular check-in line & brought them over the the consierge line. I had 2 other people in front of me at the on-line check in with only 1 cast member working that line. The regular check-in line had more cast members plus the 2 additional cast members from the consierge area. Also the guests ahead of me seemed to have questions, etc. So I'm not sure it really saved me time......

I was thinking of doing this with our November trip. Does anyone know if all of your party would have to come inside to get checked in. I heard when you have free dining, all of your party has to show ID. We get two rooms since we have a 21 year old and a 17 year old. Could they just stay in the car in parking lot?

We've done free dining since it started and they've never asked to see everyone on the reservation. A couple of times we've arrived at different times and they've never said anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter