Proposals at Disney?

Hey NoodlestheRabbit!

Congratulations! That is wonderful news! And that is so sweet that your fiance proposed to you, not only in WDW but during Halloween! I loved hearing your story - thanks for sharing it with us! And glad to hear that you'll be another Poly honeymooner, too! Have a very special new year! :)

Congrats to you NoodlestheRabbit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pinkbounc

Krista

congrats to all of yall just engaged!! thast great news!!

Im only 15 and my dream is to get proposed to at WDW! and married there....everytime we pass the wedding pavillion I also go-thats where I am getting married! LOL

but before I get married I go to find a husband....lol

2 years ago I took my wife to WDW for the weekend. She is a Pooh fanatic. I made PS at CP for breakfast her favorite. We went and took picture with Pooh then I got down on my knee and proposed. Of course she had no idea what was coming. I saw all the parents holding their kids back from Pooh while this was going on. It was so neat. Of course she said yes. BTW she also saw Candlelight Processional for the first time. She never touched the ground for 2 weeks. LOL!!! BTW we are both empty nesters and our wedding date is 01-01-01.:D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :D

proposal.jpg

Thanks for sharing your great story Dave. The CP is beautiful and I am sure her mouth dropped!!!! LOL

Krista

WDWfanatic288 - keep on wishing on that star - I'm sure that it will happen for you! :)

Dave H. - thanks so much for sharing your wonderful story and photos! I'm sure that your proposal was very special to your wife - especially since Pooh was involved, too!

Unfortunately, there are no pictures of me just after my DF proposed (probably better, since I was in a state of shock and excitement and looked a mess after getting up at 3:00 AM to fly to WDW, then spending the day walking around the MK!), but here is a picture that I took of him, just after he proposed in our room at the Poly, last June!

Surprise.jpg

I proposed to my DW in 1994 in the MK right in front of Cindy's castle in the little garden with the statues of Walt and Mickey. I was the greatest day of my life. There was a Disney tour group going by and the all applauded. My DW was shocked. We went back a for our honeymoon (1995) and to introduce our kids to the magic in 2000. We are leaving to go again in 19 days, I'm trying to think of ways to surprise her again, Any Ideas?

Hi Caelwind!

That is such a nice and romantic proposal story! Maybe you (and your kids!) could surprise your DW with something at the exact spot where you proposed to her in 1994, when you're down there again! Maybe a little gift or a little sentimental something that will remind her of that special time and of your honeymoon! Have a wonderful time! :)

All these stories are so wonderful!

I think it would be great to propose to her again with the kids present. Maybe you could purchase some type of ring (maybe birthstone or something) and recreate the moment. Or, have the pixie people deliver some roses or something at a particular time in the same spot. Make sure you have someone there that knows how to use a camera ;) I would have been like the lady and cried knowing I didn't get the shot!

My DF wants me to type up our story of how he proposed to me at Disney!

We went down for a week's vacation to WDW, and I knew that he had the ring with him, but I didn't know when he was going to "pop the question". I figured it would be at dinner, or at a fireworks show like Illuminations. Boy, did he surprise me.

I love anything having to do with trains and subways, and the monorail was no exception. It was COLD that day, and we were waiting for the monorail to go from the TTC to Epcot. Mike went and asked if we could ride in the front car of the monorail with the driver. The answer was yes, but we would have to wait until the next one. OK, so we waited until the next one. I was so excited, because I would ask the driver questions, and I had never had the chance to do this before!

We boarded the front car of the monorail, and 2 kids came with us; about 9 or 10 years old, a brother and a sister. When we got in, the driver gave us some cards that said we were "co-pilots"--we were with the driver. The train started off, and I was looking out the window (that window's BIG!), or at the driver; anywhere but at Mike. The train was well on its way to Epcot, when I hear "Honey, will you be my co-pilot for life?" I was thinking that he was talking about those co-pilot's cards, and I didn't understand until I looked at him, with the ring box out and open! I must admit, the first thing out of my mouth was "Do I have to give you an answer?" I wasn't thinking straight! When he replied that I did have to give him an answer, the answer was "yes", of course! Then the astonished driver radioed into the station, and told the station that there was a proposal in the front car, and that the answer was yes. She then told us that the time was 1:01 PM. We rode the rest of the way to Epcot, and I must admit, I forgot every question that I was going to ask the driver. On the way down the ramp from the monorail in Epcot, a couple of people rushed up to us and congratulated us. I was confused on how they knew, and asked them if people in the train had heard about it. They said that no, but that the kids up front with us when the proposal took place were theirs!

I couldn't have asked for anything beter--I was surprised, and it is something that I will remember forever!

Kelly

I get choked up every time I read one of these stories!

Congratulations, MikeScott8 / Kelly! And lots of happiness to you both! That is such a wonderful and romantic story! :)

this is how my fiancee proposed to me on our trip in October 2000.
Everyone wants to know how he "popped the question" so here it is:

Just a little background, Don and I have been together for almost 5 years and we have talked of marriage but when anyone asked when we were going to get married he'd say "May" and when someone asked "May what?" He would reply "May the day never come" So this was surely a surprise for me!

Don surprised me with a trip to Disney World, since he had been there like almost 17 times and had never been. We went Oct. 2 6 -Oct. 31. and stayed at Disney's All-Star Music.

I had stayed over Don's house the night before we left because his mother was going to drive us to the airport and it was easier to get to Greene Airport in Providence from his house. The morning of the trip was really unreal because I was way too calm. I had never been on a plane before and Carol ( Don's mother) was teasing me about everything. When we were getting ready to leave, Carol started to cry so hard I thought she was going to be sick! I thought that it was because it was the first big trip her "little boy" was taking with out her, but little did I know!

When we got to the airport Carol and Don made me go through the x-ray first and Carol made some comment about looking at the plane with her. I went. What I didn't know was the ring was in Don's carryon and he didn't want the technician to make a comment on it. Just as we made it to our boarding area we found out that our flight was delayed and there were two more flights delayed before ours. We were supposed to depart at 11:05 am and we did not leave until 1:15 PM. We were supposed to land in Orlando at 2:55 PM and we didn't land until 4:45 PM. We took a Mears Transportation Van to the hotel and we went to check in. At the check-in counter we found out that we didn't have the king size bed in our room, so she switched us to the only room with a king bed which was a smoking room and we could switch to the nonsmoking king room the next day.

In the room, Don asked me if I was going to take a shower and I decided not to because the Magic Kingdom was open until 8:30 that night and I wanted to go explore. That's when he opened his carry- on bag and handed me a big box wrapped by his mother ( I know whenever his mother wraps things because it was all frilly and had a HUGE bow.) The first thing I said was "What is this?" He said "Open it" and I did. Inside was piece of the Boyds Bear Village set that I collect, but the box did not say which one. So I opened the box and found the "Bears Chapel In the Woods". Still I was confused. I remove the church roof to see the figurine inside and I noticed that it was taped in Bubble-wrap which none of the other ones I had were wrapped in. Now I was getting a little suspicious . As I removed the bubble wrap I saw the gold band and I started to shake. When I could finally remove the ring and put it on I started to cry, and Don asked if that was a yes, I said yes and he asked if I knew that I sat next to it on the plane, and that his whole family knew and that I almost found it 2 weeks before! Of Course I was shocked and I had to call my family and then we called his family to let them know we got there safe, and then we left to go to Magic Kingdom

My wonderful, dear husband proposed to me at Disney World on October 14, 2000. I've included his write-up (that he put on his web-site) about how he pulled it off, because I couldn't say it better myself.

How I proposed...A Disney Fairy Tale:
By David B-)

The Background: We have had some problems previously with bus service with the hotel we stayed at this trip. I spent a couple of months building up to her that I kept complaining to them about this service problem (Side note, the service was much better this trip).

Disney World has an entire department dedicated just to engagements. I have to take a moment to thank Kim and Stacey there. I know it is their job, but I don't think I could have pulled it off without them.

We had scheduled this trip to WDW about 6 months ago, not realizing that the Magic Kingdoms "Fantasy in the Sky" presentation was only on Fridays and Saturdays. We were to arrive after it, on Saturday. I have a friend (You know who you are, Thank you again!!!!!) who bent a few rules on my air travel for me. If that person hadn't helped, I could not have pulled it off.

Travel Itinerary: I called Robin up a couple of weeks before we left and told her that there was a problem in re-confirming our flights. It seemed that we got bumped from a 6:30PM flight to a 6:30AM flight. Our original flight number wasn't valid any more. They must have changed the flight numbers, they do that occasionally, and messed up the time by 12 hours. I told her that we didn't want to change it, because at this time we both already knew about the fireworks problem. She bought it!

Arrival at the hotel: When we checked in, there was a note to greet us. It thanked us for allowing them another chance to improve their service, and invited us on a cruise. We were to be "Guests of Honor" for a special viewing of the "Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks" presentation in front of "Magic Kingdom", from "The Best Seat In The World." I read it, handed it to her, and said that this looked fun. She said "Wow, See what complaining gets you! Now I'm really glad they messed up the flights!" Again, She Bought it!

At Dinner: We talked, and had a toast to our dating for so long; we usually acknowledge the monthly anniversary of our first date. Our 28th month anniversary was 3 days prior, and we had said we would celebrate it at Walt Disney World. I told her I was a little tired, and asked her if she wanted to skip the boat ride. She told me that this boat trip seemed special and reminded me how much I wanted to see the fireworks. Again, She Bought it!

On The Dock: When we reached the edge of the pier, there no one else was there. She commented on how busy the boat might be. She asked me if I had an opinion on how many of these invitations went out, I declined comment. The boat backed into the dock, and the crewmember called out our names.

On the Boat: We were given a tour of the "Grand I" 44 foot Sea Ray Yacht, shown the flowers, Champagne, and even the bedrooms. Robin still didn't realize what was going on. We went up to the bow (Front of the boat) and sat. She thought we had a few more stops to make for additional passengers. We talked a bit as the boat went around the Seven Seas Lagoon. She commented that there was a beautifully romantic full moon; I was quick to take credit for it. She asked me if we were the only ones on this Cruise, I responded to her by suggesting one of my ex-classmates, who works at Walt Disney World must have arranged it when I complained to him. I told her we really needed to thank him. I asked her if she wanted to videotape the fireworks, she agreed.

The Question: I waited till the fireworks started, looked at her and told her that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her, then I asked her to marry me. She sat there, I said a few more little things to her, and after about five minutes she asked me if I wanted her answer. I said "Of Course." She said "YES!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Afterwards: We drank a special toast to our engagement of "Iron Horse Fairy Tale Cuvée" Champagne, and she was presented with a glass slipper to commemorate our engagement. The crew commented that she didn't drop the camera, and that I held out till the fireworks started. Timing is, after all, everything

Postscript: The next evening I saw a neat lighted sign that I wanted as a souvenir. Before the Epcot Fireworks, I left her for a few moments. She reprogrammed the sign to say "HE PROPOSED!" Needless to say, she is still showing off the ring...

Although I don't have him on videotape, I captured the entire fireworks display (minus 1 or 2) and his whole speech on tape. I was totally blown away. And I must say that the remaining 5 days of our trip were heavenly.

What he left out was that I thought he couldn't keep a secret. I was under the impression that he would propose to me after Thanksgiving. Not only did I learn he can keep a really big secret, but so can the half of the city he told beforehand.

What great stories, Tiggger1 and RRBB!!!! I love these stories!

What hotel were you staying at, Tiggger1? If you haven't already gotten married and honeymooned, you will have to go back to that hotel and stay in the room in which your fiance proposed to you on your honeymoon! My fiance and I will be honeymooning in the hotel room where he proposed to me, at the Poly! I love how your fiance put the ring inside the little chapel - that is so creative and sweet!

RRBB - that's such a wonderfully romantic story! It sounds like your husband really put a lot of time and thought into the proposal - it sounds like a beautiful night! :)

Belated congratulations to you both and your husband(s) (and / or fiance, Tiggger1)! :)

We decided to stay at AKL which is a whole lot better than All star music ( No offense to anyone because i actually enjoyed it the last time we went,but we decided to upgrade because we decided to drive) so i guess i cannot "relive" the proposal but ill just have to make new memories:D

Well, new memories are certainly special, too! You'll have to go over and at least VISIT ASM, while you're there, though, for "old time's sake"! :) I'm sure that you will love AKL - everyone says that it's beautiful, there! When will you be getting married / going on your honeymoon?

AKL is an amazing place for couples. My boyfriend and I spent 8 days there in the beginning of January and we said we would stay there for our honeymoon. I have lots of pics of the hotel and the animals outside of our balcony - we were upgraded to a savannah room. I hope you have an amazing honeymoon.

Here is an exceprt from my trip report of August 2001:

"Today is the big day. The day I'm going to ask Princess to marry me. I've had this day planned out for months now. On the bus ride in, She asked me what ride I wanted to go on first. I said Splash Mountain, and she thought I was nuts for wanting to go on a water ride first thing in the morning.

Some background information: I had bought her a cute little $10 'Mickey head' ring about 6 months ago on a trip to Disneyland. She had misplaced this ring a few weeks ago, and had seen another one when we were in the gift shop of our hotel.

Now, back to our story:
We enter the park, and hit Splash Mountain (along with the half of the crowd that didn't go to Tomorrowland first). I wanted to get a log with just the 2 of us in it, but the park was already very crowded so I knew this wouldn't be possible. We got in our log, and she went first (the logs at Disney World are not the same as Disneyland. In Disney World, you sit side-by-side) - I about had a cow and said 'No, I want to sit on the left side. Uhhhh… So I can videotape the ride!'

She again looked at me like I was nuts but humored me, much to the disdain of the ride operators.

Off we go on our ride, and I was nervous as heck. Towards the end of the ride, right as we started up the giant lift hill, I put the video camera down and reached in my pocket for the ring. Up we go. I had made a little envelope out of foam to keep the ring in, and I had trouble getting it out, so I just ripped it apart. We climb higher. She saw me fumbling around and wondered what the heck I was doing so close to the big drop. We're about half way there. I finally got the ring, grabbed her left hand and slipped the ring on her finger. Chug-chug-chug-chug. She looked at her finger and smiled, thinking that I had bought her another Mickey ring. Now approaching the top. Then the smile went away and her jaw dropped as she realized it wasn't a Mickey ring. We're almost there. She looked at me with a kind of confused face and I asked her to marry me. She looked at the ring again and said 'Are you serious?'

Just what every guy wants to hear =)

She started crying and said yes. Then she kissed me right as we went over the top of the hill and all the way down to our 'laughing place'. The water in my eyes was from the big splash at the end, I swear! ;)

I had planned this out, and I knew that they take your picture right as you go down the drop. I thought this would be a great memento. Well, we went to look at our picture, and it wasn't there. Apparently, they delete any pictures that other people might find offensive! I was pretty upset - they didn't even offer to let us ride the ride again so we could get another picture. "

We are honeymooning at WDW (Dolphin), of course!

That is such an amazing story, Grimgrinnin! Great planning! And I love how you timed your proposal perfectly! I'm just sorry that they didn't keep your picture for you! :( That would have been such a perfect souvenir! Well, regardless, I'm sure that you got lots of great pictures afterwards! Your proposal sounds really romantic and fun, and I'm sure that it's a moment that your DF will never forget! When will you be honeymooning at the Dolphin?
Congratulations and lots of good luck and happiness to you both! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter