Proposal help

i don't know why i didn't think of asking my friends to move our bags for me... duh! :)

also, I picked Citrico's because my girl is Italian and I think she'd appreciate the touch. Plus they have a Gelato trio... sold. Speaking of dessert, that slipper chocolate thing looks to die for. So thats definitely happening. Thank goodness you guys know disney so well!

Also, Chrisruns, i considered proposing during or after my marathon, but its my first, and my sister is running in her first then as well and I don't want to take away from her moment of celebration at the finish by one-upping her with a proposal. Plus my girl is kind of shy and probably wouldn't like being proposed to in front of all those ppl. Great idea though, and it definitely crossed my mind :)

Thanks again for all your kind words, nice to be able to discuss my plans!

I just have to say that I am extremely jealous, as getting engaged in Disney before, during, or after wishes would be a dream come true for me. I think no matter how you do it, just like everyone else says, it will be beautiful and perfect. Staying at the GF the night of the proposal would just top everything off. Good luck, and best of all have a great time! It will truly be an amazing experience and something you both will remember for the rest of your lives!

I just saw a YouTube video the other day where a man proposed in the Cinderella suite I think that would be the most romantic special proposal ever! She thought they were just getting a tour then he got down on one knee it was so sweet! I would call Disney and see if they could arrange something like that. It's a restricted area and the ceiling was done with 24k gold! That would be a once in a lifetime experience! I'm getting excited for you!

I got engaged at Disney! It was raining, practically a monsoon, and Dh kept INSISTING we hop from dhs to mk. I was against it, soaked to the bone, but he kept telling me he wanted to see Wishes. So I was cranky waiting and kept complaining to go back to the resort. Finally Wishes started and he proposed. It was very romantic and people actually stepped back to give him room! I felt awful like a jerk!

Also, don't forget to call the Disney Wedding Planners or general Guest Services Line! They'll be helpful for sure!

Tinktinktink - I saw that video too! it was very cool, although my gf isn't that big of a cinderella person, so maybe not right for her. Seemed to be perfect for that couple though! and Littlebit- what a great story! I bet that proposal cheered you right up :)

She has been without me a ton of times, I feel like I'm more excited than her about the trip, both because of having never been before and because I know whats going to happen while we're there!!

Hopefully this makes it her best WDW trip ever. Thanks for all the kind words and advice guys :)

This is so exciting. I think the walk by the yaht and make them tell you to they have extra room on the boat if you guys want to join for free. That will definitely make her say yes about getting on the boat! Obviously pay them beforehand.....
Where are you staying the rest of the week?

Monica9: I think we are staying at the location that is all "Cars" decorated? Not quite certain to be honest, my sister booked it and i'm just expected to open my wallet when the time comes ;)

I booked the GF for the one night- man I don't know how people can afford to stay there an entire vacation!! But it sure looks beautiful.

Ill be popping the question at disney in 2 weeks. I've got an ADR at Citrico's for afterwards, I'll be sure to share how it was.

SkipperJ, that is awesome! Congrats in advance! Be sure to let us know how it works out :)

My DH proposed to me at GF too! I was on vacation with my family and they told me we were going to pool hop at the GF (we are DVC so it is cool, lol).

My mom kept taking her time looking in the shops and then my dad was like "lets go look at the new facade out front". So as we are walking outside, I am muttering "what new facade?" to my brother and I see my DH is the carriage out in front of the GF with a dozen roses. I knew what was up immediately but I was so surprised! He was supposed to be studying at home.

People kind of gathered around once they saw what was going on and were taking pictures, lol. We went to dinner that night at Citricos. It was an amazing day/evening and now we love to show our kids were Mommy and Daddy got engaged.

Good luck with whichever plan you go with! And report back!

Hey Mrbeast. I left a message on your profile/wall thing on here, but I'm not really sure how that works lol. We didn't end up going to Citricos, we went to Narcoossee's instead. I really don't like seafood and didn't have any, but it was one of the best meals I've ever eaten. However, if she's allergic her choices there WOULD be a bit limited. Because of our evening there I think I will forever be biased towards Narcoossee's, but I'm sure Citrico's could or would be just as excellent, and with more options for your soon-to-be fiance.

Something my fiance (still getting used to saying that) mentoined that she appreciated, was that I did it at Disney, but it wasn't "about" Disney. (At the Castle, with a princess, etc.) So that's something to think about, and I think you're already on that same track. I think dinner on the yacht could be AWESOME. If for nothing more than the uniqueness of the experience. It would also make it very intimate. But with the choices you're looking at, you really can't go wrong.

Here's a link to my mini-TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3001232

Thanks SkipperJ! Solid advice, i think my gf will appreciate it not being over the top Disney, glad to hear everything worked out for you!

and Congratulations!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter