Proper way to decorate Fantasay cabin for birthday?

love280mickey

Mouseketeer
Ok, so I know I've seen tons of posts that say we cannot use adhesives...but I don't ever remember seeing what we CAN use. Help please.

What exactly are the walls made of? Can I use a thumb tack or very small straight pin or would that ruin the surface?

I've also seen people mention hanging magnets up inside their rooms - is this just on the doors?

I want to follow the rules and don't want to damage or cause our stateroom attendant any extra work at all, but I would like to decorate the night before my daughter's 13th birthday! :dance3:

thanks for suggestions

Ok, so I know I've seen tons of posts that say we cannot use adhesives...but I don't ever remember seeing what we CAN use. Help please.

What exactly are the walls made of? Can I use a thumb tack or very small straight pin or would that ruin the surface?

I've also seen people mention hanging magnets up inside their rooms - is this just on the doors?

I want to follow the rules and don't want to damage or cause our stateroom attendant any extra work at all, but I would like to decorate the night before my daughter's 13th birthday! :dance3:

thanks for suggestions

DCL requests that all decorations be attached with magnets. For the most part, the walls, doors, and ceilings all have metal parts. There are DCL decorations that you can purchase that they may attach using tape/adhesive, but we are asked not to do that.

Any damages (paint removal from tape/adhesives, holes from thumbtacks/pins) could be charged to your onboard account.

:cutie:

I'm sure you could use a little bit of masking tape and no one would ever know.

oatway said:
I'm sure you could use a little bit of masking tape and no one would ever know.

It says no adhesives .... Masking tape is an adhesive. Why even try it .. DCL ask guests not to!
There are plenty of things the op could tie things to inside the room with cotton or string, or there's magnets.

Ok, yes, no adhesives, and I've already said I wouldn't use anything like tape.

I know this is still technically an adhesive, but I wonder if the 3M products have left any marks, I use them in my home all the time with no issues at all, or residue.

I basically bought some banner type birthday announcement and will probably take a lot of string with me to tie them across the room.

So, are the Fantasy walls metal or drywall or some kind of fabric covering?

know this is still technically an adhesive, but I wonder if the 3M products have left any marks

They can, I have seen it happen.

You will not be able to stick pins into the walls. In fact I would definitely advise against it.

Ok, yes, no adhesives, and I've already said I wouldn't use anything like tape.

I know this is still technically an adhesive, but I wonder if the 3M products have left any marks, I use them in my home all the time with no issues at all, or residue.

I basically bought some banner type birthday announcement and will probably take a lot of string with me to tie them across the room.

So, are the Fantasy walls metal or drywall or some kind of fabric covering?

I think that pretty much answers the question. I wouldn't use it.

Little suction cup hooks would be ok for the mirrors and could anchor a hanging decor or some streamers, you could bring a few balloons to blow up, and the "celebrations" packages offered online are great- your cabin is decorated as you walk in. I'd do some magnetic clips to anchor the top and bottom of some twisted crepe paper streamers on your stateroom door. We did this once and it makes a huge impact-
Have fun!! :-)

Little suction cup hooks would be ok for the mirrors and could anchor a hanging decor or some streamers, you could bring a few balloons to blow up, and the "celebrations" packages offered online are great- your cabin is decorated as you walk in. I'd do some magnetic clips to anchor the top and bottom of some twisted crepe paper streamers on your stateroom door. We did this once and it makes a huge impact-
Have fun!! :-)

Balloons are not permitted onboard:

QuestionWhat items are not permitted on board?
AnswerIn order to maintain a safe and secure environment for our Guests and crew, the following are examples of items that Guests are not allowed to bring on board. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found.
•Weapons and firearms (including ammunition, knives—including dive knives—swords, daggers or any other types of weapons) are not allowed onboard under any circumstances
•Realistic replicas of firearms and weapons
•Highly flammable liquids and combustible substances
•Non prescribed controlled substances, illegal drugs, medically prescribed and synthetic marijuana
•Power Tools and Tool boxes (except those tools of the trade utilized by vendors providing services)
•Sporting equipment (i.e., baseball and cricket bats, hockey and lacrosse sticks, pool cues, ski poles, fishing gear and archery equipment.)
•SCUBA equipment (i.e., tanks, spears guns /slings, dive knives, pry bar, and underwater scooter)
•Kites, balloons, surfboards, wave boards, inflatable floats/pools (including pool noodles), and wagons

My wife used the suction cups with the hooks to decorate for our dd's birthday. She used them in the room and on the door. This along with magnets (On the door) made for a very nice surprise for our dd, she loved it.

Thanks for the note re balloons!!
What about those paper balls that pop open (similar to a paper lantern)- our party store has those with a tiny LED light inside- they collapse totally flat
The TRIP will certainly be a good one! Who could ask for a better way to celebrate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter