Propane fryer?

4) But, propane fryers are notorious for misuse and fires.
. . . the flames on a fryer are usually pretty large and tall
. . . the oil overflows and reaches them, EVERYTHING goes up, including the remaining oil in the vessel
. . . such fryers need constant attention, which few campers provide

An herein lies the problem.

Thanks all! Since we do a shrimp boil that doesn't use oil, and Rustys explanation included the dangers of the oil, I will attempt to gain permission on our trip by triple promising I won't use oil. If I fail then we can always heat the water over a stove. Although have you ever done this? It takes freaking forever. But who can camp without a shrimp boil? Not us.

Note: ryankathleen1 was my original Dis name but it wouldn't let me add a picture so I added another screen name. Sometimes my browser signs me in as the wrong person....

I think using the "Turkey Fryer" as a "Boil" would be okay. It's right along the lines of a "Large" coleman (or similar) stove. The flames on them are generally contained and pose little problems then a typical propane stove when used with the proper fuel, platform and vessels.

I suppose as a final alternative you could get "Coals" roaring in the barbecue grill (Bring your bellows) and "Boil" on top of that. :)

Google "trash can turkey" if you need a way to cook a turkey while camping. Just uses charcoal. We also have a smaller trash can that we use to roast whole chickens when we camp.

who can camp without a shrimp boil

Hint:
1) Bring an electric kettle.
2) It boils water in a matter of minutes.
3) Dump that into your pot.
4) You can now boil shrimp quickly and easily.

PS -
I use an electric kettle at home to heat tea water.
Sure makes it easy and quick.
I won't go back to stove-top or microwave water heating.

Not FW related but Turkey Fryer related anyhow...

We plant a great deal of sweet corn and then spend a full day freezing it for year round sweet corn yum! We take the turkey fryer and boil up about a dozen or so ears at a time and it a great time saver for us since we usually do up about 400-500 ears.

Hint:
1) Bring an electric kettle.
2) It boils water in a matter of minutes.
3) Dump that into your pot.
4) You can now boil shrimp quickly and easily.

PS -
I use an electric kettle at home to heat tea water.
Sure makes it easy and quick.
I won't go back to stove-top or microwave water heating.

Great idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter