Proof of Time and Goofy/Dopey Challenge Question

Binkrin

Mouseketeer<br><font color=blue>No longer tagless<
So I ran a 10k in August and finished with a 13 min/mile average. This weekend I ran a half marathon, and because of ridiculous cramps, I finished with a 16 min/mile.

Can I submit the 10k and it still be counted for all races if I am doing the Dopey? Obviously the 13 min/mile will get me better placement than the 16 min/mile. I am just so worried about being in the last group. I am already worried about being swept, I was hoping that this would help but it backfired in my face. :scared1:

This is just my guess but I am close to pretty sure they are going to place you in the back or close to it anyway. I really wouldn't worry too much about it. The whole point of being placed in the correct coral is not to get in the way of others that are faster than you...this is for safety reasons for both you and the other runners. There is a whole lot of dancing around for the first couple of miles no matter...well..unless you are in coral a.

As far as getting swept...they are pretty forgiving for time. There are ladies that are called the Balloon ladies that will trail behind everyone...you will have to make sure they are behind you. Behind them are the white vans...

I am guessing its your first?

My understanding - they need a marathon proof of time event, and that time is used for all of the races.

ETA - Confirmed, you need a 10 miler or longer:

New 2014 runDisney proof of time guidelines:

If you believe you will finish the Half Marathon in less than 3:15 hours or the Marathon in less than 6:30 hours, proof of time is required for start corral placement. Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge and Dopey Challenge participants should adhere to Full Marathon proof of time requirements. Please reference the Race Pacing Chart below for finish times and associated pacing per mile.

AProof of time must be provided from a certified race reflecting results after January 1, 2012.
*Half Marathon - 10K or longer
*Full Marathon - 10 Miles or longer

I just wanted to add that if you estimated a time that is between 6:30 and 7:00 you may be in the second to the last corral; just depends on how many folks fail on providing proof of time.

Regardless, the 10k would most likely only help one corral or two at the most. An 80 minute 10k roughly equates to a 6:20 and change full.

I would advise focussing on training to get past the jitters that may have pushed you off pace this weekend. I am not sure of your hydration and fueling plans but it sounds like you had an off day with something in that area. Work on getting the fluids and fuel right on your long runs. Also, look to work on speed on one of your weekday runs. We need ot work on creating a positive training experience between now and January.

YOU are going to FINISH THIS.

We need ot work on creating a positive training experience between now and January.
YOU are going to FINISH THIS.

Thank you!

It was certainly an off day, I have never had cramps before. I had a tough 2 weeks before because I fallen down some stairs and hurt myself pretty bad. I took it very easy on my training the last 2 weeks, and I paid for it.

I am getting back on track this week. Thank you for the encouragement. I love how supportive everyone is about all of this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter