Proof of age?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by mbrocker, Jan 29, 2013.

1. mbrocker

mbrocker Mouseketeer

I noticed, buried in the fine print of my cruise booking, a line about the Kids Sail Free discount. It said I had to email or fax proof of my children's age within 48 hours of booking?

Really? Has anyone else done this? I'm curious because it is REALLY buried and doesn't seem very obvious.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

And if DCL already has their passport on file, does that count?

4. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

I saw something that you had to fax the age of 17 year olds within the 48 hours.

I think if you have to do it, they will tell you or your TA will. For Florida rates, you have to fax in proof of residency within 48 hours and they really do make you do it, even if you have done it twice before within 6 months! On-line, when you book, there is a warning in red that tells you to do it.

Nancy

5. kristieboyd

kristieboyd Mouseketeer

I believe this is only for 17 year olds to verify that they will still be 17 at the time of boarding. We had to do it for our DD for our upcoming Feb cruise, but Disney made it very clear to us at the time of booking and gave us the e-mail address to send the documentation. All I had to send in was a copy of her driver's license.

6. mammacaryn

mammacaryn Don't be a JERK!

We did kids sail free in 2010. We didn't have to send proof though we had cruised the year before and the kids had the same passport we used the year before so I don't know if that made a difference or not.

7. kristieboyd

kristieboyd Mouseketeer

Also, I want to add, Disney ONLY asked for age verification for our DD17, not for our DS7 or DS4, so I'm fairly certain that it's only required for children that are 17 years old.

8. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

FL res bookings have the same requirement. Yes, they want a copy of a driver's license, passport, or birth certificate on 17s. Don't know how strict they are on the KSF, but if they don't get the proof on a FL res, they will automatically convert the booking to a regular price. OUCH.

9. mbrocker

mbrocker Mouseketeer

Glad smarter minds caught the 17YO thing. Mine are still many many years younger. I was getting kind of worried.

Especially because we're not doing passports - so we won't be giving them BC info until we arrive.