Proof of age?

mbrocker

Mouseketeer
I noticed, buried in the fine print of my cruise booking, a line about the Kids Sail Free discount. It said I had to email or fax proof of my children's age within 48 hours of booking?

Really? Has anyone else done this? I'm curious because it is REALLY buried and doesn't seem very obvious.

I saw something that you had to fax the age of 17 year olds within the 48 hours.

I think if you have to do it, they will tell you or your TA will. For Florida rates, you have to fax in proof of residency within 48 hours and they really do make you do it, even if you have done it twice before within 6 months! On-line, when you book, there is a warning in red that tells you to do it.

Nancy

I noticed, buried in the fine print of my cruise booking, a line about the Kids Sail Free discount. It said I had to email or fax proof of my children's age within 48 hours of booking?

Really? Has anyone else done this? I'm curious because it is REALLY buried and doesn't seem very obvious.

I believe this is only for 17 year olds to verify that they will still be 17 at the time of boarding. We had to do it for our DD for our upcoming Feb cruise, but Disney made it very clear to us at the time of booking and gave us the e-mail address to send the documentation. All I had to send in was a copy of her driver's license.

We did kids sail free in 2010. We didn't have to send proof though we had cruised the year before and the kids had the same passport we used the year before so I don't know if that made a difference or not.

Also, I want to add, Disney ONLY asked for age verification for our DD17, not for our DS7 or DS4, so I'm fairly certain that it's only required for children that are 17 years old.

FL res bookings have the same requirement. Yes, they want a copy of a driver's license, passport, or birth certificate on 17s. Don't know how strict they are on the KSF, but if they don't get the proof on a FL res, they will automatically convert the booking to a regular price. OUCH.

Glad smarter minds caught the 17YO thing. Mine are still many many years younger. I was getting kind of worried.

Especially because we're not doing passports - so we won't be giving them BC info until we arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter