Proof of age at parks?????

Miles04

Earning My Ears
My 8 year old is 5 feet 1 inch tall. Will I need a birth certificate or passport to prove he is 8? I know a lot of people lie about their kid's age to get them into disney cheaper. Will they think this is what I am doing???????

My DD has always been tall and her first trip was 1 month shy of turning 3 and this year she was a very tall 9. We never had anyone question her age.

My daughter, who will be 2 1/2 when we go, is also tall for her age. (Her dad is 6'8" if that gives you any ideas). On another post several weeks ago, someone suggested making a reduced copy of the birth certificate and laminating it, just in case. I may do this for my own piece of mind, but most posters say that Disney does not question it. I'm guessing that they work on the honors system with this one.princess:

Disney tends to trust that their guests are telling the truth when it comes to children's ages, which is why it's so easy to "dupe the system." No one will ask for proof of how old your son is. Have fun!

:earsboy:

Don't worry about it. You are telling the truth. However, if it makes you feel better, bring a photocopy of the birth certificate. It doesn't take up any room, and you will have peace of mind.

Both my children look older than they are and I have never been questioned when purchasing tickets or entering the gates. I wouldn't worry about it. They will take your word for it.

I personally wouldn't want to have to carry around a copy of my child's birth certificate. I'd be too afraid I'd lose it, and that is not a document that I'd want floating around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter