Promaster Lens

Icemann

Dis Vet
Has anyone ever used or heard of this lens.Looking on-line I found one with the same specs as a Tamron 17mm-50mm/f2.8.Just curious as to the performance compared to the other brands out their.TIA

Promaster is the "store" brand of some camera stores. I used one as a temporary, inexpensive replacement for a dropped Canon, and it worked fine until I could replace it with Canon. I would guess it is still a notch below Tamron.

i think promaster is just the "name" of some rebadged gear kind of like the old vivitar might be badged vivitar, phoenix etc and all be the same lens, some are good some are horrid, most probably lie closer to horrid i think now. i had one ( 100-300 f5.6-6.3 iir,hubby got suckered into it trying to buy me a gift once), and tried to sell it..it was pretty worthless. I have heard of some good ones( mostly old so they would be used) ). so it depends on what your are looking for. i doubt most would be anywhere close to even a tamron caliber but then again sometimes they are really inexpensive. the one i had was built good, just soft. one or two of their old lenses were well known for "inexpensive but good"

they are guaranteed to produce a sneer and plenty of eye rolls among some crowds( ;))

some of their flashes on the other hand are pretty nice. i strongly considered one but it wouldn't do something with my camera( forget what now, but it was important at the time lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter