Prom flower question

Disneycrazymom

DIS Veteran
DS is attending his Jr Prom this Friday. His date has a beautiful pink strapless ball gown. He asked me to call the florist tomorrow and order flowers, which I am happy to do. I don't know what the girls like now. When I went to Prom in the dark ages we carried a nosegay. Or do they like the wrist corsage? That is what we have always ordered for the fall and winter dances but I thought Prom might be different. Thanks!!!!

I would just ask the florist what is popular now. Then, tell her the dress color and let her make something pretty.

My senior daughter will be going to prom next weekend and they just ordered her a wrist corsage with a rose. She says that's what all the girls do for homecoming, prom, etc.

All the girls around here get wrist corsages. It's easier to dance in than one that pins on or carry.

Thanks guys! I will order the wrist corsage unless the florest tells me differently. That is what we usually get but wanted to be sure it was the same for prom.

I went out to dinner last night and there were two big tables with prom goers. All of the girls seemed to have wrist corsages.

We've gotten wrist corsages for the girls for the last three years for prom, homecoming, etc.

Just don't get pin on, that is bad with strapless! Wrist ones are nice, nosegay is also nice. The florist will know what is "in"

Definitely wrist! Senior prom, I had a beautiful white corsage with mini-white roses and a red ribbon to match my gown. My date (or I should say my date's mom!) did a fantastic job!

My Mom makes/alters prom dresses, and it seems that the girls with strapless/spaghetti strap dresses all get wrist corsages, whilst the girls with dresses that have higher collars and sleeves get the pin-on type. Though she did make a lovely silk tie-dyed gown for a kind of hippie type girl, who wore a daisy crown instead of a corsage, and that was really cute!

Just ordered DS's prom corsage. Our florist is using a stretch bracelet for the band of her wrist corsage. We chose the pearl over the metalic and crystal. After the flowers are gone, she will still have a memento of the occassion.

It was Prom weekend in our old town and from the pictures on Facebook I would say that 1/2 the girls had wrist corsages and 1/2 had bouquets.

Wrist corsages, with 3 boys I've ordered several of these over the last several years. Try to have either the flowers or ribbons match the girl's dress. The girl's love it when everything matches.

Our girls here did bouquets of flowers instead, which are beautiful for pictures, but they left them at home to go to prom. What is the point of flowers then? I didn't understand it, but that is what they all did here. I'll see if I can add a picture.

DSC03942.jpg

That is a great picture! they both look so good! I need to talk to her Mom and see about where to do pictures too. Unfortunately is it supposed to rain so no Forest Park for us this year.

I remember having flowers like that but I called the florist this morning and they said most girls here are getting the wrist corsage. They do carry the bracelets so I am going to have them use that so she can keep it.

I think that's a great idea. :) It's funny how different areas do different things.

About the pictures, we had a blast taking them and I have a bunch of them. Since it's going to be raining there, is there a place in your town that is really pretty on the inside that you could go to? Like a pretty hotel lobby (thinking Grand Floridian lol) or historic building or something. That would be fun to do.

Most of the girls at my daughter's prom seemed to have wrist corsages. She wore a beautiful strapless gown and since she was going with a group of friends instead of with a date, her father bought her the flowers.

A pin on corsage with a strapless gown would be tough. And if the bodice is beaded or sequined it would be even worse to pin on I would think.

I love the bracelet idea!!! I am going to ask about that today! Thanks everyone.

My dd prom was last weekend and they did the wrist corsage, but put it on a shiny pink slap bracelet!...Very cool and easy to put on! Last year she had the beaded bracelet which also worked well...but the slap bracelet was just fun!

I'd stay away from a pin on crosage...too potentially damaging to the dress.

I'd do a wristlet, but my 2nd choice would be a bouquet.

What I like about a wristlet is that you can wear it on your wrist and when it gets too annoying, you can slide it onto your dressy little clutch purse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter