Project X Sounds Amazing

I am really hoping the release date holds. I leave on the 30th. This would be so cool to have on this trip.

I knew there was a reason I was being so miserly with my $25 itunes gift card.

Haven't managed to listen to the show but this does seem like a lot for an app...will be the most I have spent on any one app since having my iPhone.
I will offer this opinion, take it for what it is worth. I purchased the Disney UPinPoint apps just about a year ago and used them in February 2009 in the parks. They were 99 cents for each park - I bought all 4 for WDW - and found them to be useless. "The other guy" didn't have the options for the actual planning piece which is one of the things I am most excited about with this app. Of course, I am an OCD Disney planner :goodvibes And of course, the other app didn't link up to The Dis or their reviews (including restaurant reviews). In the end, the cost for this exciting new app is negligible and IMO, completely worth it!

sound so cool project x! I was thinking months before that I have to update or my cellphone (to an iphone) or my ipod (ipod touch), so any of them I'll definitely buy the application!
Thanks Pete, Corey, and everyone that worked on this, this can be also a disney fix for the ones that live far way from WDW and can plan their trip! Thanks again:):cool1:

Just listened to the podcast on my way to work. I must say, this sounds very very nice, and I'll probably buy a copy just for the easier boards access. (Been wondering for some time why they never had a "mobile access" version of the site here).

The only thing I'm a little concerned over is the price. That's a bit steep, IMO of course, considering the average app out there is .99 to 2.99. (More concerned over the average app store user scoffing at the price).

Either way, I'm sold, mainly because I love this site, and all the podcast crew so much! :goodvibes With that said, free updates for life makes this a deal, again, IMO, and just another reason I think you guys are the best!

I'm still a bit unsure after to listening to the podcast, is this app going to be useful to people that are already very familiar with the parks? Or is it being aimed with the unversed 'tourist' in mind?

It sounds very impressive for a first time park visitor, but I'm just trying to work out what it this app does for the more experienced park 'guest' (most of the people on these boards)

I am really hoping the release date holds. I leave on the 30th. This would be so cool to have on this trip.

I knew there was a reason I was being so miserly with my $25 itunes gift card.

Me too.. What fun I could have playing with it while I drive down.

Just listened to the podcast on my way to work. I must say, this sounds very very nice, and I'll probably buy a copy just for the easier boards access. (Been wondering for some time why they never had a "mobile access" version of the site here).

They do. Scroll to the bottom left of any page on the forum. There's a drop-down box on the left and you can choose the "DIScreet - Mobile" style, which strips all the avatars and signatures out and has a very basic look. The only problem is it doesn't work if a forum is sponsored (i.e. Theme Parks has the TGM style).

They do. Scroll to the bottom left of any page on the forum. There's a drop-down box on the left and you can choose the "DIScreet - Mobile" style, which strips all the avatars and signatures out and has a very basic look. The only problem is it doesn't work if a forum is sponsored (i.e. Theme Parks has the TGM style).

Thanks for that tip! Never noticed that before! :)

I thought the goal of going on vacation was to escape life for a few days.

Why do I want to sit and stare at a phone all trip just so I can find out where a bathroom is?

This may be handy for once in a few years visitors but experienced traveler already know their way around WDW.

Just another app that duplicates a web site and web pages that can be accessed with a browser.

Why do I want to sit and stare at a phone all trip just so I can find out where a bathroom is?

This may be handy for once in a few years visitors but experienced traveler already know their way around WDW.

Just another app that duplicates a web site and web pages that can be accessed with a browser.

Man, who licked the red off of your candy cane? :confused3

Not to quibble, but I hate using Safari with the website. Their idea of using this app to also streamline access to the DIS is of value to me, if not everyone. :)

Nothing makes you happy :sad2:

I posted this on another thread....but I think it fits here as well.

I guess I'm confused by this thread.

If you want an iphone, you need to do what is necessary to get an iphone It's that simple.

Are there hurdles like price, the monthly bill, coverage areas...sure, but hurdles exist with everything. Jump the hurdles or dont. It's really a persoanl choice.

If you dont want an iphone. Dont get one. Again...it's that simple.

No one will judge you for not having an iphone. We will never know you dont have one unless you tell us. No one needs to know the reason you dont want, need or have an iphone. It's a personal choice and if it's the right choice for you....hurray.

The Dis has made a business decision to offer an iphone app that we think is pretty killer.

If you think this is something useful or fun to you....buy it. It's that simple.

If you dont think it's for you.....or you dont have an iphone for whatever reason. Dont buy it. Again it's that simple

John and I live in a modest house. We have found a house that we love. It's completely out of our price range. For us to buy this house, we would need to sell everything we own and eat ramen noodles for eternity. We would not be able to afford gas to go to the store.

The community in which the house is located has a monthly owner's association meeting.

Do you think I would get a positive reaction if I went to each and every meeting and spoke about feeling left out because other people lived in the community and I didnt? Or discussed all of the reasons why I thought living in that community was a bad idea? Or attended the meetings and explained why I chose not to move to that community?

It's a phone for goodness sake. It's not life support.

So, don't bring your phone and don't use the app! :sad2:

Not to quibble, but I hate using Safari with the website. Their idea of using this app to also streamline access to the DIS is of value to me, if not everyone. :)

I know I posted this earlier, but these are my feelings as well. (Regarding Safari, on the iPhone, and, well, actually a lot of web sites).

I'll wait for some initial reviews, but just having an app that will allow me to access this site, the boards etc. in a more efficient manner while using my iPhone is probalbly enough to sell me on it. :goodvibes

I keep holding off on purchasing the Toy Story Mania application for my iPhone because I think it's too expensive. BUT I will be ready to download this new application from the disboards the day its released. I consider myself a pretty knowledge person and the layouts of the parks, etc. but I'm excited to see this application. Maybe I'll break down and buy the TSM for the iPhone at the same time!

So does this app use the gps chip only on the iphone or does it need the mobile data? Dont want to get landed with large data roaming charges if I do go for it

I keep holding off on purchasing the Toy Story Mania application for my iPhone because I think it's too expensive. BUT I will be ready to download this new application from the disboards the day its released. I consider myself a pretty knowledge person and the layouts of the parks, etc. but I'm excited to see this application. Maybe I'll break down and buy the TSM for the iPhone at the same time!

Do it, buy TSM!! It is a lot of fun :goodvibes

Project X sounds awesome!! I can't wait for it to come out and I will definitely buy it the day it comes out!! Thanks everyone for putting so much work into this!

So does this app use the gps chip only on the iphone or does it need the mobile data? Dont want to get landed with large data roaming charges if I do go for it

I am pretty sure it uses mobile data. There is a lot more information in the app. I would more than you would want downloaded to your iphone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter