• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Prohibited Items ?

martinm

Grumpy Old Man
I would like to take a mask and flippers on a cruise but I see in the prohibited items , sports equipment.

I can see no baseball bats, golf clubs etc.. I can even see no dive knives.
Does Disney consider a mask ans flippers sports equipment?

We bring our snorkel gear on every cruise. It is fine to take on excursions but not in the pools on the ship.

i brought my complete scuba set-up -- fins, mask, regulator, wet suit -- just no dive knife (and no tanks)

Most dive gear is allowed on board. They're talking about things that can be used as a weapon such as baseball bats hockey sticks etc being prohibited. What is prohibited from the snorkel diving side are full air tanks. Other then that masks fins snorkels are perfectly fine to bring onboard.

Darn! My DD12 is a competitive baton twirler and was going to take her baton with her (packed in her suitcase) so she could twirl (carefully, of course, no high tosses) in the Talent Show that they have on the 7 night cruises. I guess that would be a no-no?

Darn! My DD12 is a competitive baton twirler and was going to take her baton with her (packed in her suitcase) so she could twirl (carefully, of course, no high tosses) in the Talent Show that they have on the 7 night cruises. I guess that would be a no-no?

We have brought snorkel gear with no problem. A few years back my son brought his skateboard and although before getting on the bus to got to the port they said it might be a problem is was not an issue when we went through security. He was just told he could not use in onboard or at CC.

YEH!

I was hoping this was the case. I would expect the line to screen out clubs etc.. but the rule is ask if you're not sure.

My packing list keeps getting bigger ;)

I would like to take a mask and flippers on a cruise but I see in the prohibited items , sports equipment.

I can see no baseball bats, golf clubs etc.. I can even see no dive knives.
Does Disney consider a mask ans flippers sports equipment?

I ALWAYS bring my snorkel gear! Lots of it. In fact, mine is a big mermaid fluke fin!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/182923_123975791138013_395237943_n.jpg

They know people come with their own snorkel gear. They won't give you a second glance.

Thanks!!

I like to make sure of whats what before I travel.
It makes my vacation more of a vacation.
Now I have to find a bigger bad :)

Thanks!!

I like to make sure of whats what before I travel.
It makes my vacation more of a vacation.
Now I have to find a bigger bag :)

Yeah no kidding! I ended up using a GUEST REST inflatable bed bag because I can't find anything big enough to bring my monofin tail fin in!

Maybe I can find something online for the next time.

At least my Guest Rest bag allowed me to pack all our extra shoes, my split flippers (in case I need an extra for someone or don't want to mermaid it), my pirate cavalier hat and belt accessories, and extras like that...hard to pack a pirate hat...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter