• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Prohibited Items Now Includes String Lights

Are you sure that's new? It's under "Appliances, Electrical Items and Electronics" -- I could have sworn that has been there previously. Which is why battery-operated have been suggested in the past. Now, whether this includes the battery ones as well, I'm not sure. But I do think that was there before.

Are you sure that's new? It's under "Appliances, Electrical Items and Electronics" -- I could have sworn that has been there previously. Which is why battery-operated have been suggested in the past. Now, whether this includes the battery ones as well, I'm not sure. But I do think that was there before.
Yep.. This is the 2019 list...

• Hot plates
    • Microwave ovens
    • Rice cookers
    • Seasonal and/or celebratory light bulb strings

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/2019/10/disney-cruise-lines-list-of-prohibited-items/

It's also listed under "Household and General Items", which makes me thing it's all lights. However, I used battery-operated ones in June, before the prohibited list was updated. No one said anything. It was updated with other stuff/organization, but maybe the lights aren't new.

I think you're OK if they're battery powered and LED bulbs. They just don't want hot, incandescent bulbs lying around while nobody's there to monitor them.

A friendly heads up that one poster here changed the title of a thread to read “Admin, please close thread,” after which the thread has persisted and now has almost 3,000 posts. The law of unintended consequences…

https://www.disboards.com/threads/admin-please-close-thread.3915103/
Unfortunately we can't do anything about that one over here as we're mods for the cruise forum only; you can report the thread though and that will send it to the mods on that board who can do something!

Unfortunately we can't do anything about that one over here as we're mods for the cruise forum only; you can report the thread though and that will send it to the mods on that board who can do something!
I’m not complaining just noting!

Plugged in ones have not been okay in forever- the battery operated ones are completely fine..

The difference is if the plugged in ones have a fault they can catch fire- the battery ones just don’t work if they have an issue. Plus they don’t drain ship
Power

Battery operated LED lights hung on the outside of the door are fine. Lights that plug in are not permitted.

I put the lights back in my Amazon cart, but I also just emailed Disney to make sure battery operated was fine. I'm a rule follower and want to make sure they don't confiscate them. 😂
Please let us know what they say, I love my battery operated lights and my FE gifts are almost always a string of themed lights, magnetic hooks, and a couple batteries along with some other little gifts in a reusable bag!

Last October I used the battery operated Halloween lights on our door and received so many compliments! I really hope that they haven't changed the policy.

Though I don't have a holiday cruise booked, we spent Christmas 2021 on the Fantasy, and I took 2 tinsel Christmas trees for our 2 staterooms and the battery-operated lights really helped make the trees, and room, feel like it was Christmas :)

Though I don't have a holiday cruise booked, we spent Christmas 2021 on the Fantasy, and I took 2 tinsel Christmas trees for our 2 staterooms and the battery-operated lights really helped make the trees, and room, feel like it was Christmas :)
We are doing a Wish Xmas cruise during Christmas. I need to figure out the tree situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter