• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Progressive bifocals on a budget?

my2redheads

Mouseketeer
Any suggestions on where to find these? I've ordered from Zenni for my kids before but am scared to do it for myself! Does anyone know of a place that will put lenses in a frames that I already have?
TIA.

Try Costco. They did it for me. I could not find new frames I liked so they put new lenses in the frames I already had.

until my prescription got took strong for them to do, I had great luck with zenni online.

SAMs club.
The new exam was $40, their frames, better lenese with anti glare and progressive were $160. I loved their anti glare. It doesn't scratch or pit, so Crystal clear when I put them on. I've spent more than twice that at the top local venders and didn't get the results from tese glasses.

I love their contacts too. I got a years. With of contacts (mono vision, one reader and one distance) for the first time. They gave me the pair free with the exam to see if it worked. Then I got a huge rebate on the already discounted contacts. For the year it was about $60 for Oasis.

Thanks for the responses. I went ahead and got the frames from my local eye doctor (30 co-pay) then sent the frames to a place on line to put the lenses in for about $130 so I think I did OK. I was just amazed at how expensive the progressives were! My insurance would have covered a line bifocal but I guess I'm too vain for that!
I'll have to check out Sam's or Costco for DH though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter