Programme last night on Tourets Syndrome

Discussion in 'UK Community Board' started by debatha, Feb 28, 2002.

1. debatha

debatha Earning My Ears

Did anyone else watch the programme last night with John and Greg suffering from Touret's Syndrome?

I had seen the first one in 89. I cried for the little boy Greg last night it was so sad.:( Especially the part when he said he did feel like saying bad words but really didn't want to and at the end when he said he was going to be a scientist ad find a cure for Touret's Syndrome.

I thought the way John, the Scot, had coped with it was fantastic he had a great sense of humour. I was laughing and crying in parts.

Deb

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WDWfan uk

WDWfan uk <font color=red>.... but you can call me Shirley :

Hi Deb - I'm moving your post onto the UK Community Board.

4. BevS97

BevS97 disney scrapper

Hi Deb, I saw it too, and felt for the little lad - he is going to have such a tough time and it must be so hard to know that this is going to be happening forever and that there is no known cure. I thought the bit where he was going to blast the bit of the gene was very cute, made me smile!

Bev

5. Mazzy

Mazzy Obsessive Trip Planner!

I taped this, so it's good to hear it is worth watching, I will try to watch it tonight :D

6. MickeyMcMouse

MickeyMcMouse <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

We are in Galashiels and have known John since before the first programme. He is a regular in my shop, but that still does not stop you getting a fright when he comes in and " roars ". ;)

I don't know if you noticed the difference between the first film and the second - in the first everybody stared. In the second nobody does. He's a very down to earth guy that everyone gets on well with and is as much part of our community as anyone else.

David.

7. BONZO

BONZO <font color=660066>Has been known to go off topic!

I remember the first documentary when it came on.

I thought last nights programme was handled really well and it was heartning to see that John had a great sense of humour.

8. TracyK

TracyK DIS Veteran

Deb - I was like you, one minute I was crying and the next I was laughing. Greg was just so gorgeous and I wept for his parents. I hope that the symptoms aren't too bad when he reaches adulthood.
    David - What a lovely man John is. I thought it was great to see him involved with the community.
    Tracy