Professional pictures

winnie202

Earning My Ears
Wondering if professional pictures are offered onboard. I know they offer the staged background shots but I was thinking of photo shoot style, either around the boat or on Castaway Cay. We had some done a few years ago when we went on a carnival cruise. Even though they were pricey I would do it again just for the great shots and memories ever time I see them.

Wondering if professional pictures are offered onboard. I know they offer the staged background shots but I was thinking of photo shoot style, either around the boat or on Castaway Cay. We had some done a few years ago when we went on a carnival cruise. Even though they were pricey I would do it again just for the great shots and memories ever time I see them.

Yes, you can set up private sessions. They will have an extra cost and you arrange them once onboard. This is from the DCL website:

Disney Cruise Line photographers are ready to capture your cruise memories from the moment you board the ship. From custom studio portraits to spontaneous family pictures and meet-and-greet photos with some favorite Disney Characters, you'll find plenty of opportunities to strike a pose, then purchase and share amazing vacation pictures.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/services/photography/

I would inquire about who is taking the pics if you do this. I've read conflicting reports and have my own opinion about the on board photographers. For the most part, I think they're trained to pick up a pre-set camera and push the shutter, not "photographers". In some of my pics from the Fantasy in March there were way too many shadows and off colors that I had to try to touch up once I downloaded them at home.

I would inquire about who is taking the pics if you do this. I've read conflicting reports and have my own opinion about the on board photographers. For the most part, I think they're trained to pick up a pre-set camera and push the shutter, not "photographers". In some of my pics from the Fantasy in March there were way too many shadows and off colors that I had to try to touch up once I downloaded them at home.

This is incorrect. The photographers know their stuff. It's not like in WDW where they simply give kids a camera and just tell them where the shutter button is.

Aboard, they typically set 3 or 4 backdrops including a white one. They will take pictures and will make you pose (more on the white one). The backdrops have specialty lighting as well.

On CC, they typically set outside the rear of the ship and take pictures with the ship as a backdrop. They also take pictures at the family beach.

Finally, they also take pictures with the characters.

This is incorrect. The photographers know their stuff. It's not like in WDW where they simply give kids a camera and just tell them where the shutter button is. Aboard, they typically set 3 or 4 backdrops including a white one. They will take pictures and will make you pose (more on the white one). The backdrops have specialty lighting as well. On CC, they typically set outside the rear of the ship and take pictures with the ship as a backdrop. They also take pictures at the family beach. Finally, they also take pictures with the characters.
I used the onboard photographers for my wedding and they did a Wonderful job.

I have seen others with their pictures on the white background and we are doing our first cruise in November. I would really like to get some nice family shots. Is there extra charge for those pictures (other than buying them obviously from shutters) or would they be included with your photos to choose from for a package?

I have seen others with their pictures on the white background and we are doing our first cruise in November. I would really like to get some nice family shots. Is there extra charge for those pictures (other than buying them obviously from shutters) or would they be included with your photos to choose from for a package?

They're included in the package. On our 7 night cruise we had options over various nights of white background, black background, white background with a chair, different printed background (ship with sunset, night time etc,).

Also, with the plain background they'll do a Tinkerbell magic shot if you ask. On pirate night we also got a fighting with Captain Hook magic shot too. All included.

We were on the Fantasy last May and we hired a photographer for a private photo shoot. It was $100 just for the session but totally worth it!!! She took us all over the ship and did different poses in different spots - my toe favorite were: one taken on deck 4 overlooking the port of at Maarten and the other was my DH and I standing next to the Minnie statue in the atrium with DS sitting on the platform next to her. The prints were $25 a piece and I love my pics and will definitely do it again our next cruise. Just go to shutters at an off time and they will schedule it for you!

I don't think they can go off the ship because that's what I originally asked for - they said they had to do it on board.. Which worked out great! The photographer I had her name was Caro and she was from Columbia and she was fantastic!

If u want me to text u or email u a pic of my pics I would be happy to- not sure how to post them here . Private message me I'd be happy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter