Professional Internship Spring 2012

Does anyone have any insight on how costume materials engineering, engineering, & ride and show engineering internships does their interview process? I have only done what I think is the preliminary interview back in October where they asked me why this, leadership situations, do I agree to the Disney look, etc. Has any engineer intern applicant done many interviews yet, or are they running behind? I have been stuck on interview stage (for at least the costume engineering) for a month. Perhaps this is a sign that I am not qualified enough?

Thanks everyone.

Hi Diane9945,

I am currently an intern with the Disney Institute (DI) and am working toward my Master of Science in Instructional and Performance Technology and have 13 years of Information Technology experience (relocated for husband's job). My fellow intern also has her Master's degree and based on this trend, appears to be a preference for DI. I'm 37, so I'm definitely not one of the younger interns and there are 2 others here in their early 30's in sales operations.

Do you have the contact information of the manager you interviewed with? If so, I would ask what skills they are looking for and you can begin working on improving those skills while waiting for the next application round to begin.

If you have specific questions, feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you for the information. The tips you have given me are appreciated and I will definitely use them to increase my odds of obtaining one of these positions. My dream would be to intern in the DI area, as teaching and instructing is my passion. I will continue to look and apply for openings as I continue my education. Better late than never.

Diane, have you looked into Disney English? They have a program where you go over to China for 12-18 months to teach English. It looks AMAZING and I soooooo wish I could do something like this but it's not the right time for me. Maybe this would fit in with your interests!

http://disneycasting.net/disneyenglish/

I doubt there's a difference, but can anyone tell me if spring or fall is easier to get? I'm sure it depends on the department.

Still waiting on services for guests with disabilities and operations learning and development. NLIC for DI Facilitation Assistant and I heard that people got second interviews for Traditions so I assume I'm out for that as well. I just want to know already!

Hi all!

I can't believe I just found this thread today!
Last week I had second in-person interviews with Fairytale Weddings and Distribution Event Marketing - and my status has been moved to "post-interview" for Fairytale Weddings... looks like this is a good thing from all of your posts!

AHHHHHH - I am dyyyyying of anxiety! Congrats to all of you who got a PI!

I'll be moving out to FL from CA if I get one, so if anyone is looking for an apartment mate let me know!

I'll be moving out to FL from CA if I get one, so if anyone is looking for an apartment mate let me know!

Ooooh weddings! I'm in the same boat as you, coming from CA to FL! An option for housing is Cumberland Apts. which is full amenities but you have to share with roommates :)

Ooooh weddings! I'm in the same boat as you, coming from CA to FL! An option for housing is Cumberland Apts. which is full amenities but you have to share with roommates :)

Hey I am coming from CA too.. but the lady said I need to find my own housing since I am going to be there from Jan-Aug.

I am looking for an apartment mate!

-Jamie-

Got a call this morning and accepted my role as a Public Relations intern with the Group and Convention Youth Events team!

I'm so excited! Yesterday my Communications internship moved from Post-Interview to NLIC, and I was crushed bc that was my previous internship and I would have loved to go back, but this morning bright and early I got a call from a blocked number and nearly died when it turned out to be Casting for the dream role I thought I'd never get.

Congrats to everyone else who has accepted and good luck to those still waiting!

Got a call this morning and accepted my role as a Public Relations intern with the Group and Convention Youth Events team!

I'm so excited! Yesterday my Communications internship moved from Post-Interview to NLIC, and I was crushed bc that was my previous internship and I would have loved to go back, but this morning bright and early I got a call from a blocked number and nearly died when it turned out to be Casting for the dream role I thought I'd never get.

Congrats to everyone else who has accepted and good luck to those still waiting!

I got denied the communications internship too!

Awesome there are more Cali people on here!

I got called today and offered both of the internships - I think I'm gonna go with Distribution Marketing Events! So excited, I can't wait to see you all in FL!

I was in FL last week and cumberland park is definitely nice, but there's lots of equally nice places around that are the same price for a 2br where you each get your own room. Non-furnished however, so it depends on whether you are planning to bring stuff out.

Awesome there are more Cali people on here!

I got called today and offered both of the internships - I think I'm gonna go with Distribution Marketing Events! So excited, I can't wait to see you all in FL!

I was in FL last week and cumberland park is definitely nice, but there's lots of equally nice places around that are the same price for a 2br where you each get your own room. Non-furnished however, so it depends on whether you are planning to bring stuff out.

What part of Cali are you from?

Hey I am coming from CA too.. but the lady said I need to find my own housing since I am going to be there from Jan-Aug.

I am looking for an apartment mate!

-Jamie-

What part of Cali are you from?

I'm from LA, going to school at USC right now, you? :)

Is there anyone in animal programs thats still in interview stage? Or has anyone heard anything about conservation education the seas?

And congrats to everyone thats been accepted!!

geehaw,

I'm still in interview stage also, it's so unnerving!! I applied to Reproductive Biology and Conservation & Behavior. Which role(s) are you waiting on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter