Professional Internship Spring 2012

Hello!

I applied for a professional internship this spring and had my interview a few weeks ago; I am hoping it went well! They told me that I should know mid-late November, but I got this email about 'Documents to be Completed'. Considering that it was signed by WDPR Professional Internship Recruitment, I am assuming that it does not mean that I have gotten the position quite yet, but am still included in the process. It was a DWSS application which looks like the payroll system that Disney uses.

For some reason I cannot sleep because it makes me nervous that this email means something so if anyone has insight, it would be great! I was also wondering if anyone else was requested to fill out this form.

Thanks!

Hello!

I applied for a professional internship this spring and had my interview a few weeks ago; I am hoping it went well! They told me that I should know mid-late November, but I got this email about 'Documents to be Completed'. Considering that it was signed by WDPR Professional Internship Recruitment, I am assuming that it does not mean that I have gotten the position quite yet, but am still included in the process. It was a DWSS application which looks like the payroll system that Disney uses.

For some reason I cannot sleep because it makes me nervous that this email means something so if anyone has insight, it would be great! I was also wondering if anyone else was requested to fill out this form.

Thanks!

Hey!! I also got the email to complete the documents!! I am also freaking out cause idk if it's a good thing or what?!! ah! what position did you apply? :)

I applied for Animal Programs - Nutrition. I am just worried because I am not quite sure how many people get hired for this one and it is the only one I applied for. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but its hard to concentrate on other job interviews when Disney seems to be so much fun and exactly what I want! I'm graduating in December, so I have to keep my other options in mind so I can at least support myself financially... This is the only one that I am so fervently waiting for though; imagine working at DISNEY!

Do any other previous PI interns have insight? Maybe someone that got this 'additional documents' and did not get the position?

I just think it is fairly serious since they required your SSN... I was a little hesitant, but anything for Disney, right?

I applied for Animal Programs - Nutrition. I am just worried because I am not quite sure how many people get hired for this one and it is the only one I applied for. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but its hard to concentrate on other job interviews when Disney seems to be so much fun and exactly what I want! I'm graduating in December, so I have to keep my other options in mind so I can at least support myself financially... This is the only one that I am so fervently waiting for though; imagine working at DISNEY!

Do any other previous PI interns have insight? Maybe someone that got this 'additional documents' and did not get the position?

I just think it is fairly serious since they required your SSN... I was a little hesitant, but anything for Disney, right?

If you received that e-mail, it pretty much means you got the job (pending you pass the background check). When did you interview for this position? I interviewed last Tuesday for a PI internship and hearing everyone getting the e-mail I've been praying about is bringing me down. But, I hope to hear some good news soon and congrats to you! I'm pretty sure that with the Nutrition internship, there is only one intern.

I interviewed on October 14th so a little less than a month ago. There seemed to be so many interview slots and I was worried because I was literally shaking throughout the entire interview while trying to sound like I was cool, calm, and collected (as I was pacing the room continuously).

I hope they get back to me soon, then maybe I can stop my job search and focus on my studies a bit more! How much longer can this last?!

And good luck to you! Hopefully we will see each other this spring!

Hi everyone! I haven't used this board in a really long time and didn't even realize they had a section for Spring 2012 internships! I've been accepted into the F&B Management Internship.

I'm excited to go and can't wait to meet everyone :). And if anyone is looking for a roommate let me know! I've been looking around and so far Cane Island apartments look very good. They're furnished and internet and cable is included in the price!

Also I don't know if anyone's mentioned, but there's also a Facebook group for this season! It's just called Disney Professional Internship - Spring 2012

Good luck everyone! :)

Congrats!! Where are you going to be, do you know? My pre-screening was with DAK F&B Director but I wasn't given the positions/titles of my subsequent interviewers, only that they were interviewing on behalf of Disney F&B Management. Also, if you don't mind answering, when did you interview?? I was told we would know for F&B before Thanksgiving, but like others I am becoming discouraged by others' "Documents to be completed" e-mails while I remain in "Interview Stage" :/

Congrats!! Where are you going to be, do you know? My pre-screening was with DAK F&B Director but I wasn't given the positions/titles of my subsequent interviewers, only that they were interviewing on behalf of Disney F&B Management. Also, if you don't mind answering, when did you interview?? I was told we would know for F&B before Thanksgiving, but like others I am becoming discouraged by others' "Documents to be completed" e-mails while I remain in "Interview Stage" :/

Thank you! I have no idea where I'm working, but I'm excited to find out! I actually interviewed last February at a conference I attended. I know it might be discouraging, but don't let it get to you because no news is good news right??

Good luck :)

Wow! Its seems like everyone is getting second interviews and getting asked for more documentation.
Is it a bad thing if I haven't been contacted for a second interview?
I am NLIC for my management internship, but I am still in "Interview Stage" for my alumni only PIs and my Cast Deployment PI. Is this a bad thing? I applied Sept. 15 and I feel as if I've been waiting years

Wow! Its seems like everyone is getting second interviews and getting asked for more documentation.
Is it a bad thing if I haven't been contacted for a second interview?
I am NLIC for my management internship, but I am still in "Interview Stage" for my alumni only PIs and my Cast Deployment PI. Is this a bad thing? I applied Sept. 15 and I feel as if I've been waiting years

From what I hear, PIs that are alumni only are the last to hear. It seems they are only NOW beginning to be called for pre-screens/secondary interviews, while many others, especially Animal Programs and Management PIs have been told they will know within a week or are already accepting/being denied positions.

From what I hear, PIs that are alumni only are the last to hear. It seems they are only NOW beginning to be called for pre-screens/secondary interviews, while many others, especially Animal Programs and Management PIs have been told they will know within a week or are already accepting/being denied positions.

Just as a clarification... when you say alumni, do you mean CP alumni or does that include those who have completed PIs peviously, too?

I'm not familiar with the CP side of Disney, only the Animal Programs side.

Just as a clarification... when you say alumni, do you mean CP alumni or does that include those who have completed PIs peviously, too?

I'm not familiar with the CP side of Disney, only the Animal Programs side.

There was a section of 30 (or so) internships that only College Program Alumni could apply for. Various things, a lot you didn't have to be a specific major to apply for.

This wait is killing me because I ONLY applied for alumni only ones. 2 months ago today actually... If I am getting rejected I just want to know! :sad2:

Has anybody gotten an email asking for transcripts? This came after my interview (that i feel went really well). Is this a good sign? I don't want to get my hopes up yet :/

I am now down to just my 2 Alumni only(DTD and MK project support) internships. I am pretty much convinced I am not going to get a PI which sucks but only because it means I am now in Limbo until I figure out what to do after my CP.

I am now down to just my 2 Alumni only(DTD and MK project support) internships. I am pretty much convinced I am not going to get a PI which sucks but only because it means I am now in Limbo until I figure out what to do after my CP.

I applied for MK project support too. I think I am not getting one either, but the alumni only CPs are the last to hear back so I have a small shred of hope. :sad2:

I just found out yesterday that I got the marine mammal internship in Orlando. I saw this forum when I was doing some research and thought it would be a good place to meet other interns.

Megan

Also, if you received the email about "documents to be completed", you're probably going to get a phone call within the next day or two. At first it sounds like they just have to check a few more eligibility requirements, and if you agree to it all, then they tell you you have the job. At least, that's what happened with me. Good luck!

I just found out yesterday that I got the marine mammal internship in Orlando. I saw this forum when I was doing some research and thought it would be a good place to meet other interns.

Megan

I just got called to be offered the same! I haven't officially accepted yet (need to talk to my current managers first), but it is a 99% chance I am accepting.

Where are you animals programs people going to live? I just got accepted for the conservation presenter position and I don't think I want to live in Cumberland. Ideally I'd like to live with people also in animal programs somewhere close to animal kingdom. I'm nice, I promise! :)

I think I'm going to be getting my own housing too. However, I've spent a lot of time in the Kissimmee/Orlando area and I think I'm going to look for a place closer to Orlando. Even though it's somewhat of a commute, there's more going on in Orlando and it's just a little nicer in general in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter