Professional Internship Spring 2012

Hey! I see that you finished your second interview!! what were some of the questions they asked you??? I'm trying to prepare myself even though I didn't get a call yet. lol :P

He asked me how I keep myself organized when I have more than 1 task to do, to decribe the role of a food and beverage manager, asked me to name a time when I either provided excellent service or received it, stuff like that. I unfortunately didn't get it, he told me my passion for disney and my professionalism show I just need more management experience. So I will work on that and apply again next semester! Still waiting to hear from Park Ops though.

I have had two interviews for professional internship - sales position; sunday night received notification that I had"documents to be completed" in my dashboard. Completed that for both positions. Is this another step in the process and I should wait patiently? I did talk w/ someone at Disney today and he was going to notify the recruiter that I did complete both forms. And he wished me good luck! I thought that was super nice of him.

If anyone has gone through this process can you tell me what is the next step??? I'm on pins & needles right now

Hey Josh, congratulations! It's great to hear from someone else with the same internship. =)

Huge congratulations to you as well! Feeling on top of the world still. Are you feeling like this is a big joke or a dream or something? I was thinking that last night. :scared1:

hi people i found this site and its very exciting!

i have a second interview on thursday for management- lodging....

after reading about the person a few posts up who didn't get it i'm even more nervous. sorry for you by the way! :(

Huge congratulations to you as well! Feeling on top of the world still. Are you feeling like this is a big joke or a dream or something? I was thinking that last night. :scared1:

hey i was just wondering what your timeline was for getting interviewed/getting the call and everything. Thanks and congrats!!!

You are so right-- it really is surreal! I will be graduating this December, which is weird enough as it is... to think that I'll be in Orlando in a couple of months is even more shocking! It's a lot of big transitions coming up at once. =) Definitely a mix of excitement and nervousness and just general anticipation.

hey i was just wondering what your timeline was for getting interviewed/getting the call and everything. Thanks and congrats!!!

Hey Geehaw. Thanks for the interest!
My story is shockingly similar to Llauren's story... I sent in my application for conservation education presenter on Oct. 2nd, got a pretty immediate confirmation email. Received a broad email with 5 questions and an outline of the job on the 5th. Emailed my response back the same day. Got a thank you on the 7th saying we may or may not set up an interview, but final decisions are out by dec 2nd. On the 9th, an email went out to set up a phone interview. I immediately responded with times after 3 (I substitute teach) for Oct 11 or 12th. Response an hour later confirming interview on the 11th at 3. It went really well, was a full half hour.
Finally on the 20th, I received an email to access a document about background checks and such... about an hour and a half after that, I received a follow up call from Orlando, confirming my answers and finally asking if I wanted to the position... I asked if he was kidding :rotfl: Thankfully he was not. The next step after accepting the offer letter online is access to another website, which they haven't given me access to yet... from there, they'll give you more details about when and where to be, if you want housing, what the disney look really means... all the good stuff like that.

I hope that helps! They respond pretty quickly in the Animal Programs, but don't really update the dashboard on the website too quickly, so don't get discouraged by the site.

You are so right-- it really is surreal! I will be graduating this December, which is weird enough as it is... to think that I'll be in Orlando in a couple of months is even more shocking! It's a lot of big transitions coming up at once. =) Definitely a mix of excitement and nervousness and just general anticipation.

Congratulations on your impending graduation!! I'll send you my info via a private message in case you want to be facebook friends!

Hi guys! This is my first post on this forum, but I've been reading for a while. I was also recently accepted as a Conservation Education Presenter for Spring 2012! It's nice to see others who got accepted as well, I look forward to seeing you guys in January!

I'll share my experience: I applied the day applications came out, Sept. 5th. A few days later I got an email asking me to send in my transcripts and a cover letter. Soon after that, I got an email asking me to set up a panel phone interview.

I had my phone interview on Sept. 21st, and I was so nervous for it! It lasted about 15 minutes, which kinda worried me because I was told it would take around 30 minutes, but it went well. I answered all the questions to the best of my ability....some were situational, some were scientific-related, and others related to previous work experience.

During all of this, I had applied and been accepted to the regular college program in a merchandise role. At the end of the interview, I asked them what would happen if I accepted the CP, and then later got offered a PI? Would I be able to switch? The interviewers didn't know the answer, but promised to get back to me.

Luckily, I ended up receiving an offer for the PI two days later, on the 23rd, so it turns out I didn't have to worry. I first got an email asking me to fill out information for a background check, and then a half hour later I got a call from a recruiter offering me the job. I accepted right away! I'm now waiting for a link to the onboarding website, where I can pay the housing fee.

I couldn't believe it had happened so fast- I was totally prepared to wait till December, but I'm thankful I found out right away. Oh, and just for a little background on my work experiences in case anyone's interested- I've been working at a daycare for two years, and I intern at a couple of museums giving tours to school groups and working with the museum collections.

Congrats to all who got an offer, and good luck to those still waiting!

-Arielle

Hi guys! This is my first post on this forum, but I've been reading for a while. I was also recently accepted as a Conservation Education Presenter for Spring 2012! It's nice to see others who got accepted as well, I look forward to seeing you guys in January!

I'll share my experience: I applied the day applications came out, Sept. 5th. A few days later I got an email asking me to send in my transcripts and a cover letter. Soon after that, I got an email asking me to set up a panel phone interview.

I had my phone interview on Sept. 21st, and I was so nervous for it! It lasted about 15 minutes, which kinda worried me because I was told it would take around 30 minutes, but it went well. I answered all the questions to the best of my ability....some were situational, some were scientific-related, and others related to previous work experience.

During all of this, I had applied and been accepted to the regular college program in a merchandise role. At the end of the interview, I asked them what would happen if I accepted the CP, and then later got offered a PI? Would I be able to switch? The interviewers didn't know the answer, but promised to get back to me.

Luckily, I ended up receiving an offer for the PI two days later, on the 23rd, so it turns out I didn't have to worry. I first got an email asking me to fill out information for a background check, and then a half hour later I got a call from a recruiter offering me the job. I accepted right away! I'm now waiting for a link to the onboarding website, where I can pay the housing fee.

I couldn't believe it had happened so fast- I was totally prepared to wait till December, but I'm thankful I found out right away. Oh, and just for a little background on my work experiences in case anyone's interested- I've been working at a daycare for two years, and I intern at a couple of museums giving tours to school groups and working with the museum collections.

-Arielle

congrats Arielle :cool1::banana::cool1: and thanks so much for shedding some light on the whole process!!

Hey there- I'm applying for AP internships, this is my second time around. I went for DAK conservation presenter, Marine Biologist, and Marine Mammal. I just interviewed for Marine Mammal, and hopefully I get it this time, since now I have experience from my SeaWorld internship! Good luck to all of you!

Hey there- I'm applying for AP internships, this is my second time around. I went for DAK conservation presenter, Marine Biologist, and Marine Mammal. I just interviewed for Marine Mammal, and hopefully I get it this time, since now I have experience from my SeaWorld internship! Good luck to all of you!

Good luck Ktrex!! Just be confident and passionate :-D

I interviewed for the Aquatic Vet Hospital position yesterday - has anyone else applied for this one?? I need to gauge my competition since it's only the one spot! She said I was her first interview of the semester and that they'd be doing interviews this week and next week and then kicking it up to the AP coordinators to make the decision. I really really want this, soo fingers crossed!

-Arielle

Congratulations, Arielle! I look forward to meeting you in January. =)

I'm loving the CE Presenter bonding already haha. Other intern groups are going to be sick of us.

I don't hate that you're bonding, I hate that you guys already know and I still have to wait another month to probably get rejected!! haha :thumbsup2
But congratulations all the same! :banana:
I almost wish I went school for something with animals, now you guys make me regret it that much more!!

Hey everyone! I applied for the Lodging, F&B, and Theme Park Operations Management Internships the day they became available. I quickly received an email requesting that I set up my second interview, which I scheduled for the following week. Everything went well with the interview, and I thought that I did a pretty good job (The interviewer and I were even having side conversations). Once it was nearing the end of the interview, the interviewer told me that I would hear back by December.

I thought that this was strange and I said "I assumed that there would be more interviews, will this be the only one?" She informed me that it could be the only one or it could be one of many. She said she would pass on my information to the leaders of the respective areas and that I would hear from there.

I'm just slightly concerned because everyone else I know who applied for the Management Internships was told that they would hear back within three weeks. They have all set up their second interviews as well. I am currently a seasonal Cast Member, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Was anyone else told that they'd hear back in December? Or does anyone have any ideas as to why I was told December when most other applicants are being told three weeks? I'm just confused! Thank you for your help!

Hey! I am a seasonal cast member as well!. Maybe it depends on the department you applied to. I just had my second interview for Retail Management, and they i would find out in 3 weeks. I hope this helps! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter