• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Professional Internship Spring 2012

I did that too!
After my interview, I thought of everything I said wrong and all the good things I forgot to say! It's so nerve wracking.

Is anyone applying for any of the Disney Fairytale Wedding internships? I'm looking into the planner/consultant ones, and maybe some of the CP Alumni internships : )

Word of warning, don't get your hopes up about Fairytale Weddings. My recruiter is here at my school now for presentations and he explicitly stated for that one, only ONE person is chosen out of over 30,000 applicants for that one role alone. So don't get too set on it, hun! Just saying. I'd for sure apply for alumni ones as the top priority. :)

Yeah, I know it's a very competitive position, and frankly one I'm not too set on because of its exclusivity. I have a lot of event planning experience but it'd still be crazy amazing to get the internship. I'm also applying for the college program, Travel Agency & National Accounts Sales Internship, Theme Park Operations Management, Lodging Operations Management, the CP Alumni Only Internships, and Catering & Convention Services. Haha somewhat across the board and definitely not all of my eggs in one basket. I might cut some of these out but those are the ones I'm looking at right now.

Has anyone applied for Magic Kingdom or Downtown Disney project support? If so what is your background in?

Hi guys! My name is Courtney. I have never done the CP, but I had a phone interview for the Retail Management internship. Is there any chance I could get it without having done the CP? How long did your guys' interviews last? She only wanted to talk about the Retail internship, did anyone else come across that during their phone calls?

hey guys! I'm new on here and I saw a lot of you said that you were alums. Is there anyone who has never done a college program? I applied to a bunch of the animal program ones yesterday and was wondering how long non-alums had to wait to hear a response. so nervous but sooo excited!!!

Hey geehaw, I'm currently in the CP and I just recently received the "questionnaire" e-mail--about a week after applying.

I was a cp in fall of 09 and now I'm a campus rep. I will be graduating May 12 and I will be applying for a PI in the spring. Right now my first choice is Management PI but I also want Guest relations and the College Program Alumni PI as well.

I applied for TEN internships last night, including the Alumni Only positions, so really about 14... !!! I hope applying for that many doesn't hurt my chances of getting one.. I just figure it's good to cast a wide net. And I'm honestly interested in every single internship I applied for so it's not like I was applying to everything in sight haha
So now comes the waiting game! Good luck to everyone still applying and those waiting to hear back!! Since the deadline is coming up next week, I imagine it will be soon! :)

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the boards, but not new to the DCP, I did my original CP in 2009 and was back this summer for Summer Alum...I applied to 3 Management Internships and 3 Alum Only PI's on Monday and was emailed for my phone interview yesterday...

I had my phone interview last night, but I thought I was preparing for just one of my Mgmt Intern. but apparently she was interviewing me for all of them? So I was a littler unprepared...but I think I did well overall....what was everyone's intitial thoughts on their interview? Did any of ya'll have the same issue, with not being prepared to discuss all of them?

My interviewer made it seem like the 2nd interview wasn't really an interview, just for the managers to talk to you if they wanted to, if not casting would place you somewhere. Does anyone know about this? I feel like my phone interview went very well and I would love to be accepted based on that haha.

That is similar to what my recruiter told me, at the end of the interview she told me I was a very strong candidate and not to be phased by what might happen in the next couple of weeks...

She said that they complete evaluations and send them to the hiring managers, and some managers base their decisions off of the evals, while other prefer to do a follow-up interview. She said not to fret over that, its really just personal preference and it doesn't indicate anything good or bad, just preference.

Has anyone been contacted about a second interview or follow-up?

Hey guys, I'm new here, my name is Danny, from Puerto Rico, I've been living in Orlando for 5 years now and I just found out about this... which has me really excited. I will finish my BBA in marketing in June so hopefully I'm not too late for this (crosses fingers)

I applied yesterday to several positions which really caught my eye (all marketing)

Anyways I'm hoping for the best :)

I still haven't heard anything and my interview was 2 weeks ago.... oh well! They said I'd hear regardless so I'll just keep waiting.

Okay I applied for a few PIs in CA a few weeks ago, and haven't heard anything back yet not even to set up a interview. So I guess I should just assume I didn't qualify for them? Oh well least I tried though I know odds are very slim for CA PIs.

It takes them longer to go through and select who they're interviewing for the PI's, so the wait to hear back for an interview can be longer. They will typically send you an email stating that they have identified a stronger candidate or that you are no longer being considered for the position. Good luck! I hope you head back soon : ) I'm waiting on a couple, myself.

Anybody apply for Animal Programs internships? And has anybody heard back from Animal Programs for anything other than the initial questionnaire and Conservation Education?

Hi all! I applied for 4 PI last month; finally rcvd an email to schedule phone interview last week and its on Monday :cool1: Happy but scared at the same time!!! I've already been declined for one of the PI but that's ok since it was my backup.

Any tips, pointers, suggestions on the phone interview? Just curious what type of questions they ask? I read about the what would you do scenario but could anyone clarify that? Is it what would you do if a guest screamed in your face questions or the like?

Hi all! I applied for 4 PI last month; finally rcvd an email to schedule phone interview last week and its on Monday :cool1: Happy but scared at the same time!!! I've already been declined for one of the PI but that's ok since it was my backup.

Any tips, pointers, suggestions on the phone interview? Just curious what type of questions they ask? I read about the what would you do scenario but could anyone clarify that? Is it what would you do if a guest screamed in your face questions or the like?

I have an interview on Monday too!! What are you interviewing for? Mine is just the phone screening interview. I was curious about the types of questions as well, although mine will probably be different since it's not for any particular position just yet. But I thought the scenario questions were more for the CP interviews... they still ask them for PI's?

Good luck with your interview, you'll have to come back here and tell us how it went!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter