• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Professional Internship Spring 2012

so there's only one screen interview over the phone for the PI for CP Alumni's? I'm so confused about the whole interview process :S

I second that... for the alumni, is it one interview and done or do you have a second interview? I'm also hoping they don't drag out the notification process all the way till December...

Hey!
My name is Marion and I am applying for PIs too. I graduated in May with a degree in Communication specializing in PR, Advertising, and Media Arts. I'm currently completing my second CP as a Performer (first time was as an Attendant). I'm applying for several PIs but my top ones are the Entertainment Management, Internal Communication, and Social Media Intern for the fairytale weddings. :)

I haven't applied yet because I am meeting with my managers and picking their brains. I also have to add character performer to my resume which is surprisingly hard. :) I guess that is all. I am happy we have a thread now. yay!

I put an application in for the Marketing ones in Anaheim so far. Looks like the CP Alumni ones are only in Florida and not sure if the roles they offer really meet what I want to do.

Hopefully I least hear back or something since not sure how the others PIs work. Is it like applying for any other job where you may only hear back if they find you as a potential candidate? Oh and I'm currently doing a CP at DLR right now. :)

Hey y'all! Is anyone applying for any communications internships? I'm applying for three communications internships and the Alumni internships. I also applied for the CP for the spring just in case :)

What about y'all?

I will be apply to some of the communication internships. I am for sure applying for the social media intern position with both the Fairytale Weddings and Youth Programs and probably Distribution Marketing too. I am also going to apply for the Executive Communication internship and the Internal Communications one as well.

I will be apply to some of the communication internships. I am for sure applying for the social media intern position with both the Fairytale Weddings and Youth Programs and probably Distribution Marketing too. I am also going to apply for the Executive Communication internship and the Internal Communications one as well.

Awesome! I'm applying for the Executive Communication internship too, as well as an internship in Anaheim and then one that just says a Communications internship which is working with cast members (Eyes and Ears, The Hub, etc.)

Hey Guys, i Got an email today to set up my interview for the Lodging Management Internship. I was so excited, any clue what kind of questions they ask, i read in the earlier posts, it's a lot of "tell me of a time..." type questions, but i got a lot of those for my CP interview also. Good luck to all of you and if you have any pointers please share.:thumbsup2

I had an interview on Tuesday afternoon. It went well! Now for the waiting and checking the dashboard every few hours. I have 3 that are in "Interview Stage" right now. :)

Finally submitted my applications tonight. I applied for Disney Institute Facilitation Assistant, and 3 alumni positions- Services for Guests with Disabilities, Operations Learning and Development, and Disney Traditions Intern. Waiting anxiously now to hear back about an interview!

I filled out the application. Near the end, the drop down box about whether you are doing the DCP or a PI or enrolled in school, I chose none of the above because I didn't see the "enrolled in school" option. I turned in three applications like that and since it says you have to be a student when you apply, I was automatically denied all of them. I caught it before I turned in my app for the Alumni Only positions, but the first three were my top choices.
I called them this morning and they said they have to look into it. Gaaaaah!!! Horror story!

Is anyone applying for any of the Disney Fairytale Wedding internships? I'm looking into the planner/consultant ones, and maybe some of the CP Alumni internships : )

I'm thinking about applying for the Fairy Tale Wedding internships too!! Probably the consultant and marketing ones. My degree will be in Advertising/Public Relations so I'm also applying for several communications and marketing internships... although I've come to the realization recently that I really really enjoy working with people and a desk job might not be my calling. So I've though about going into hospitality and applying for a few of the management internships as well. Oh and the CP alumni guest relations internship! That's a lot.... haha But I figure if I cast a wide net, I'm more likely to hear something back. I'm planning on applying for everything tomorrow afternoon! :)

I just entered the PI application game. Applied for Entertainment Management and Creative Entertainment Production Assistant. I might apply for one or two of the alumni-only positions but I need to go through the list first and make sure I pick the right ones. :goodvibes

Good luck to everyone!! I hope those of you who are farther along in the process than me will hear good news soon.

So if we get accepted to the PI program and live off site, do we still have to pay for parking when we go to the parks?? Also anybody have any good advise as to where to look for housing?

Where you live has nothing to do with parking in the parks. You just flash your id at the gate and they let you right in.

I had an interview on Tuesday afternoon. It went well! Now for the waiting and checking the dashboard every few hours. I have 3 that are in "Interview Stage" right now. :)

That's how mine are, only there are 4. My recruiter said the latest we'll hear is the week after Thanksgiving, which is still way too long for me to wait, but patience is key here. Fortunately I already have (free) housing lined up so none of that to worry about. I just have to show up if I get in. :goodvibes

Had my first interview this morning for Lodging and Theme Park Operations, so I've been spending every moment of the day thinking of what I should have said differently! I applied for Lodging 2 weeks ago and got the email to schedule the interview last Wednesday. I applied for Operations 10 minutes before the interview, and she already saw it when she called. Now the waiting game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter