• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Professional Internship - Fall 2011

Hello Everyone,

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten an internship so far!

I have applied to 3 internships and have interviewed for two of them. But I have not heard anything from the third except to turn in a letter of reccommendation like in Feb (Entomology internship) which I think is strange since this was the one I was most qualified for. I was wondering if anyone else has recieved interviews for entomology or any of the other agricultural internships?
Thanks! :)

Hello Everyone,

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten an internship so far!

I have applied to 3 internships and have interviewed for two of them. But I have not heard anything from the third except to turn in a letter of reccommendation like in Feb (Entomology internship) which I think is strange since this was the one I was most qualified for. I was wondering if anyone else has recieved interviews for entomology or any of the other agricultural internships?
Thanks! :)

I believe those don't require interviews. Don't quote me, but I swear I heard someone say that.

Congrats!!!!! that's so exciting!!!

I feel like odds are that it would usually be the other way around--you get accepted in the CP and not the PI, so that's quite impressive!

Each post about someone getting a call makes me more and more obsessive about keeping my phone with me at all times lol

That's what I thought, too. I really didn't think I'd get any calls back from the PI after getting the rejection letter, and I hadn't thought my first interview went particularly well (not horrible, but not the best). This is my last semester in school, so it would be my last chance. I do feel like this interview went better than the last one, but they said I should hear back from them by the end of this week or early next week.

I hope you hear from someone soon! I still haven't heard from the other two positions. Do they call to say you were rejected, send an e-mail, send a letter, or not tell you at all?

Does anyone know when the alumni internships would start if one was lucky enough to get accepted? Guest relations and traditions would be of special interest.

If history repeats itself:
A) Good news will come in the next two weeks
B) Rejection will come on April 30

You may even hear after May 1... I got called 2 days before the internship would start for a final interview, after not hearing anything by the deadline :scared1:

hmm... I hate waiting to hear back from Disney. April 30 is my wedding date so I guess getting bad news around then might be bearable lol. I have already accepted a CP but I dying to get the PI instead.

Hey guys, just wondering how everyone else's process went. I haven't been accept (or denied for that matter) yet. I applied for the position in the beginning of February and received an email soon after. I had a phone interview just before spring break, and although they said I would be notified of the next step by May 1st, I was contacted about a week later from a lady in the Orlando office asking for my transcript. I sent a follow up email about a week ago, only to find out that she is on vacation. Have any of you been through a similar process? If you have been accepted to the Orlando office, what other steps did they make you take.

still waiting on news of the alumni internships... seeing all these acceptances is brutal! has ANYONE heard about alumni's yet?

hmm... I hate waiting to hear back from Disney. April 30 is my wedding date so I guess getting bad news around then might be bearable lol. I have already accepted a CP but I dying to get the PI instead.

Ohh wow congratulations!!!!! =) That's an amazing step, and I'm sure you're excited now that it's your wedding month!:bride: Are you having a Disney-esque wedding? Minus the actual being at Disney part? (Unless you are!!!)

Has anyone heard back about PIs with the Disney Institute yet? I applied for facilitator assistant and production assistant. I had my initial phone interview in early March, but have heard nothing since then, which I understand is still good news!

Disney Institute is my dream place to work. I'm finishing up my graduate degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology and really want to get involved in professional development. DI is so highly thought of in that industry, and their teachings align perfectly with my personal business philosophies and values...I really hope I get the opportunity to work for the very best!

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

I applied for the DI Production Assistant as well, no news yet! Hopefully we'll be hearing something soon =D Good luck!

I also applied for the Facilitator Assistant. You're the first person I've seen inquiring about the position! I tracked down a current PI in DI Sales. She said there are only 2 positions for the Facilitator Assistant and 1 for the Production Assistant - assuming none of the existing interns extend their internships.

I had my screening on March 3rd and was told it would be 3-5 weeks. It's 5 weeks today, so I was hoping to hear something by now.

I also applied for the Distribution Marketing Services E-Learning Internship, but have not heard anything regarding that position either. I was rejected for the Production Assistant within 2 days! I'm good with that, the other two are much closer to my career goals.

Does anyone know how many PIs they give for services for disabilities persons? Has anyone heard about this position yet?

Woke up to a call this morning from the Disney Institute! I got a second interview for the role of Productions Assistant! I'm semi-freaking out, but very very excited as I was almost sure I wasn't going to be getting an internship! My interview on Monday at 10:30AM!

Woke up to a call this morning from the Disney Institute! I got a second interview for the role of Productions Assistant! I'm semi-freaking out, but very very excited as I was almost sure I wasn't going to be getting an internship! My interview on Monday at 10:30AM!

Good luck and I'm sure you'll hit a home run with the interview next week!
:thumbsup2

And the 2nd interview calls are rollin' in!! So excited and ready to start prepping. Good luck to all the Production and Facilitator Assistant candidates!

:yay::teacher:

Just got a rejection email a few minutes ago for the global consumer insights position. Good thing I had already decided to put in my deposit for the DCP so I could have that experience before I did any sort of PI (and increase my chances). But wanted to let others out there waiting to hear back about marketing internships that they might be hearing one way or another soon :)

Yay Rory!!! keep us posted!!! LOADS OF PIXIE DUST COMING YOUR WAY!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter