Professional Internship - Fall 2011

I wish the majority of people who applied for PI's posted on DISboards.... Then We would all get accepted :cool1: Im thinking by the first week of April we'll all know. In hindsight I wish I applied for more than just one, but it was the only one that is in my career path.

For merchandising positions I was told I wouldn't hear until the beginning of May - suuuchh a long time! I get really nervous on phone interviews but I'm still hoping they give me a chance! :worried:

I wish the majority of people who applied for PI's posted on DISboards.... Then We would all get accepted :cool1: Im thinking by the first week of April we'll all know. In hindsight I wish I applied for more than just one, but it was the only one that is in my career path.

I wish I had applied for more than just one PI too; I wasn't expecting it to even go this far - I didn't know the process was so intense (some applied for over 20 positions) and I didn't know there was such a dedicated network of applicants until I started looking around and found the facebook group. I'm hoping beginning of April too, it's got to be soon if they expect us to dedicate 6-months AND move....

I applied for a PI back in January, interviewed in early March, and got an offer this past Monday. I accepted the offer last night. The PI I applied for is in Industrial Engineering.

I don't really want to spend too much in housing so I am looking for roommates who do not want to stay in the sponsored housing.

Thanks

I applied for a PI back in January, interviewed in early March, and got an offer this past Monday. I accepted the offer last night. The PI I applied for is in Industrial Engineering.

I don't really want to spend too much in housing so I am looking for roommates who do not want to stay in the sponsored housing.

Thanks

Congratulations to you. My daughter will also be in the Industrial Engineering PI this fall. What is your check in day? She is scheduled for Aug.16th.:flower3:

Hey guys!

I got a rejection today from Catering and Convention services. It was kinda a bummer because I really felt I was qualified for this one, so I was disappointed to not even get an interview.

Now I'm kinda worried about my top 2 (Wedding Planner and Wedding Consultant) because I feel they have similar qualifications...

At least I have the CP if I don't get into any...

Hey All!

I applied for the CMR Guest Experience PI about 3 weeks ago, and had my first interview last week. Anyone else apply for this or have any words of wisdom about this position or the process?

Interviewer said that they would notify the recipients by may. And so the crazy waiting begins:surfweb:

so Jennie got a job, not a Disney job but a Marketing and Promotions Manager job with Durham Performing Arts Center here in NC. She's super excited and they even asked her to start before graduation! She's a PR major and her "dream" was to get a job doing PR for the entertainment industry. DPAC has acts from Dolly Parton, John Cougar Mellancamp, Diana Ross to touring Broadway shows like RENT, The Heights, SHREK, The Lion King. She's sad she won't be moving to Orlando but THRILLED she has a permanent job in place after graduation! :banana:

Hey guys!

I got a rejection today from Catering and Convention services. It was kinda a bummer because I really felt I was qualified for this one, so I was disappointed to not even get an interview.

Now I'm kinda worried about my top 2 (Wedding Planner and Wedding Consultant) because I feel they have similar qualifications...

At least I have the CP if I don't get into any...

Did you hear from them via phone or Internet?? good luck with your other options!

Did you hear from them via phone or Internet?? good luck with your other options!

I heard via email. This is the second rejection I've gotten and the only thing that changes is the name of the position =P

Thanks for the well-wishes =D

....I got a call from Disney today!

I was offered the Manager of Theme Park Operations position for this fall!

I will start June 23rd..... Now I need a place to live!

-Derrick

....I got a call from Disney today!

I was offered the Manager of Theme Park Operations position for this fall!

I will start June 23rd..... Now I need a place to live!

-Derrick

Congrats! Although I am insanely jealous as I interviewed for it as well. When did they call you?

I am guessing that if I don't get a call today I can expect an email in the next few days :(

Congrats Derrick, that's awesome!

Now everyone who applied for that internship is going to be on pins and needles all day long =P

haha I don't mean to alarm anyone haha!!!

I had my 2nd interview for the program last Friday... the 24th... and they called me today at about 12:30 thats central time...

I am pretty sure I'm one of the first...I asked and she said they are just starting to tell people...

Anyone get an internship and want to get
a place let me know!!! I don't wanna place to myself haha

haha I don't mean to alarm anyone haha!!!

I had my 2nd interview for the program last Friday... the 24th... and they called me today at about 12:30 thats central time...

I am pretty sure I'm one of the first...I asked and she said they are just starting to tell people...

Anyone get an internship and want to get
a place let me know!!! I don't wanna place to myself haha

Lol, that is okay at least we know. Although I was mentally prepared for the 1-1.5 weeks the guy told me so now I am staring at my phone and refreshing my email like crazy, lol.

Did they mention how many spots they were filling or out of how many that applied?

I feel the same way about housing so if I get it I will be scrambling for roommates as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter