Professional Internship - Fall 2011

I am new to DISboards.com I feel like I should have been on here a long time ago. I am in the same Jungle Cruise Boat as the rest of you waiting for a Magical Moment to happen ;-). Humor and hope are all that are keeping me from stressing out. I applied to the PIs back on Febuary 2nd and did my initial interview 2 days later. Still have heard no word back on the 4 I applied for. As I am getting a Master's in Education I am hoping for the College and International Programs Education Coordinator PI. Has anyone else applied for this Alumni Internship or heard back from any of the Alumni PIs? Good luck to everyone and Congrats to those who have received good news.

My DD applied interviewed back on February 17th (ish) for several Communications/Marketing ones and hasn't heard anything else....she applied for both Alumni and non-Alumni ones. So for the non-Management and non-Animal ones I think at this point from what I've read on here and on the Facebook group "no news is good news" ..... lots of Pixie Dust to you!

Keep the group posted...everyone on here is really supportive!

I am new to DISboards.com I feel like I should have been on here a long time ago. I am in the same Jungle Cruise Boat as the rest of you waiting for a Magical Moment to happen ;-). Humor and hope are all that are keeping me from stressing out. I applied to the PIs back on Febuary 2nd and did my initial interview 2 days later. Still have heard no word back on the 4 I applied for. As I am getting a Master's in Education I am hoping for the College and International Programs Education Coordinator PI. Has anyone else applied for this Alumni Internship or heard back from any of the Alumni PIs? Good luck to everyone and Congrats to those who have received good news.

From what I hear the alumni ones aren't decided til late in the process, somewhere in mid-April. Similar to what Flea said, right now Management and Animal PIs (and maybe some Finance I think?) are the only ones hearing good news. For the rest of us I know they've sent out some rejections, so no news is good news :thumbsup2

Got hit by a train, woke up with a rejection mail for the Management in Operations (my 1st choice) and now im down to Guest Relations only... bah

I applied for convention and conference services and recently attended a presentation at my school about them.....they told us they will be making decisions for second interviews by April 1! Soooo nervous but hoping for the best! I admit I haven't read through the entire thread, but has anyone else on here applied for this one?

I applied for convention and conference services and recently attended a presentation at my school about them.....they told us they will be making decisions for second interviews by April 1! Soooo nervous but hoping for the best! I admit I haven't read through the entire thread, but has anyone else on here applied for this one?

I'm still up for catering and convention services... nice to hear some sort of date :goodvibes

Did you apply for any others?

@Jefpier - Extra pixie dust your way for Guest Relations!

From what I hear the alumni ones aren't decided til late in the process, somewhere in mid-April. Similar to what Flea said, right now Management and Animal PIs (and maybe some Finance I think?) are the only ones hearing good news. For the rest of us I know they've sent out some rejections, so no news is good news :thumbsup2

Has anyone heard back regarding finance/accounting PI's? I only applied for one and have still yet to hear anything positive or negative. I wish there were some statistics available about how many people were offered second round interviews and then from there how many are accepted. Very difficult to plan my summer when there's a possibility I'll be living in Orlando for most of it! Well worth the wait however:goodvibes

Has anyone heard back regarding finance/accounting PI's? I only applied for one and have still yet to hear anything positive or negative. I wish there were some statistics available about how many people were offered second round interviews and then from there how many are accepted. Very difficult to plan my summer when there's a possibility I'll be living in Orlando for most of it! Well worth the wait however:goodvibes

I had my initial interview about two weeks ago and was emailed a couple days later to send in my transcripts. The next day I recieved a call to set up my second interview, which I had last Friday. It went really well and I was told that I would hear back 1-2 weeks at the most. So, I'm hoping I'll hear something positive soon. I applied for both California and Florida, but I'm really hoping for California. I know quite a few people haven't heard anything back yet. Did you have a second interview or just the initial one?

I had my initial interview about two weeks ago and was emailed a couple days later to send in my transcripts. The next day I recieved a call to set up my second interview, which I had last Friday. It went really well and I was told that I would hear back 1-2 weeks at the most. So, I'm hoping I'll hear something positive soon. I applied for both California and Florida, but I'm really hoping for California. I know quite a few people haven't heard anything back yet. Did you have a second interview or just the initial one?

Both, I applied the first day I could.. I got a call for the initial interview maybe a week or so after I submitted my transcripts and resume. About a week or so later I had my second round interview which I thought went relatively well, although I did mess up on the technical questions which I believe were the last two. The recruiter did say that they only take about 35 kid and I'm wondering how many people actually were offered second round interviews. I would love this opportunity but to be completely honest I don't know how good my chances are of receiving an offer.

Both, I applied the first day I could.. I got a call for the initial interview maybe a week or so after I submitted my transcripts and resume. About a week or so later I had my second round interview which I thought went relatively well, although I did mess up on the technical questions which I believe were the last two. The recruiter did say that they only take about 35 kid and I'm wondering how many people actually were offered second round interviews. I would love this opportunity but to be completely honest I don't know how good my chances are of receiving an offer.

I know what you mean, the wait's the hardest part. I heard they take 35 interns in both California and Florida, so 70 total, which increases the chances a little bit. I've talked to a couple people on facebook who recieved second round interviews. It seems like they did a bunch the last two thursdays and fridays. I'm not sure how many total they did though. In the past though, in all the second-round accounting interviews I've had, the number of interviewees has been narrowed down a bunch, so the odds are pretty good. I'm assuming the fact that I was told I would hear back in 1-2 weeks at the most means that they are making final decisions this week and next. So, hopefully we'll hear positive news soon.

I know what you mean, the wait's the hardest part. I heard they take 35 interns in both California and Florida, so 70 total, which increases the chances a little bit. I've talked to a couple people on facebook who recieved second round interviews. It seems like they did a bunch the last two thursdays and fridays. I'm not sure how many total they did though. In the past though, in all the second-round accounting interviews I've had, the number of interviewees has been narrowed down a bunch, so the odds are pretty good. I'm assuming the fact that I was told I would hear back in 1-2 weeks at the most means that they are making final decisions this week and next. So, hopefully we'll hear positive news soon.

That makes sense. I cant see there being more than 500 people being interviewed in the second round... which at 70 people total give about ~15% chance per candidate. I've interviewed with KPMG, Deloitte and PwC and have gotten positive feedback from them, but to be honest I think that Disney will be much more competitive in terms of internships than Big 4 Co's. If they told you last Friday that 1-2 weeks at the most, we could be hearing back as early as Friday. I wonder what they were looking for most in their candidates, whether it be a high GPA, accounting experience, or how well their interview went. If I don't get the position I hope they provide me feedback as to why so I can take that and use it in the future.

That makes sense. I cant see there being more than 500 people being interviewed in the second round... which at 70 people total give about ~15% chance per candidate. I've interviewed with KPMG, Deloitte and PwC and have gotten positive feedback from them, but to be honest I think that Disney will be much more competitive in terms of internships than Big 4 Co's. If they told you last Friday that 1-2 weeks at the most, we could be hearing back as early as Friday. I wonder what they were looking for most in their candidates, whether it be a high GPA, accounting experience, or how well their interview went. If I don't get the position I hope they provide me feedback as to why so I can take that and use it in the future.

My interviewer told me that he was looking for someone who portrays confidence over the phone. Someone who can explain themself well and who knows exactly what they wanted to do in the future and why Disney will help them achieve that goal. He said that GPA helps, but isn't the deciding factor. He also said he specifically was looking for someone who did volunteer work on the side or got involved in different activities during their time in school. He said he thinks it's important that students don't just spend all their time focusing on getting good grades and work experience, but are well rounded. I'm sure each interviewer is different, but that's what was brought up during my interview. I hope we hear back by Friday! That would be awesome!

My interviewer told me that he was looking for someone who portrays confidence over the phone. Someone who can explain themself well and who knows exactly what they wanted to do in the future and why Disney will help them achieve that goal. He said that GPA helps, but isn't the deciding factor. He also said he specifically was looking for someone who did volunteer work on the side or got involved in different activities during their time in school. He said he thinks it's important that students don't just spend all their time focusing on getting good grades and work experience, but are well rounded. I'm sure each interviewer is different, but that's what was brought up during my interview. I hope we hear back by Friday! That would be awesome!

Interesting, I don't believe any of those things were mentioned to me during the interview. I've interviewed MANY times so I feel like my tone probably did convey some confidence, however I don't think any of the questions I was asked could have even led me to answer with my volunteer or extracurriculars. My interviewer was Bob V., so maybe we did have different interviewers. Were you asked any questions regarding Labor Hours, or which was a better method of measuring income like cash flows from operations? This internship would be a dream come true, but without knowing how many people they interviewed really makes me completely clueless regarding my likelihood.

Interesting, I don't believe any of those things were mentioned to me during the interview. I've interviewed MANY times so I feel like my tone probably did convey some confidence, however I don't think any of the questions I was asked could have even led me to answer with my volunteer or extracurriculars. My interviewer was Bob V., so maybe we did have different interviewers. Were you asked any questions regarding Labor Hours, or which was a better method of measuring income like cash flows from operations? This internship would be a dream come true, but without knowing how many people they interviewed really makes me completely clueless regarding my likelihood.

My interviewer was David. I wasn't asked any technical accounting/finance questions at all during my interview. I've interviewed a lot in the past too and I was just asked the general questions you would hear during an interview, such as leadership experiences, teamwork, etc. It was more of a conversation that an interview, which are my favorite kinds of interviews! Working for Disney literally is my dream job, so I'm really hoping I get the internship! But, like you said, it's hard to know what the chances are without knowing how many total people they've interviewed.

My interviewer was David. I wasn't asked any technical accounting/finance questions at all during my interview. I've interviewed a lot in the past too and I was just asked the general questions you would hear during an interview, such as leadership experiences, teamwork, etc. It was more of a conversation that an interview, which are my favorite kinds of interviews! Working for Disney literally is my dream job, so I'm really hoping I get the internship! But, like you said, it's hard to know what the chances are without knowing how many total people they've interviewed.

Ahh, I wish I had a "conversation". I felt like mine was very Q&A which I've experienced, but doesn't always allow personality to shine. What year are you and where do you go to school if you don't mind me asking.

Ahh, I wish I had a "conversation". I felt like mine was very Q&A which I've experienced, but doesn't always allow personality to shine. What year are you and where do you go to school if you don't mind me asking.

I'm a senior this year. I graduate in April with my Bachelor's in Accounting from Brigham Young University in Utah. What about you?

I'm a senior this year. I graduate in April with my Bachelor's in Accounting from Brigham Young University in Utah. What about you?

BYU, scandalous! Haha just kidding, I'm a first semester Senior and graduating in December with my Bach in Acc from UAlbany in NY. I'm hoping that the further along we are in our ACC education the higher the chance we have of being accepted. Either way for both of our sakes I hope the outcome is positive :goodvibes

BYU, scandalous! Haha just kidding, I'm a first semester Senior and graduating in December with my Bach in Acc from UAlbany in NY. I'm hoping that the further along we are in our ACC education the higher the chance we have of being accepted. Either way for both of our sakes I hope the outcome is positive :goodvibes

Haha! I think the fact that we are in our senior years is beneficial. I applied for this same internship last year. I didn't get it, but it seemed like all the students I talked to that did were in their final year of college. I hope we both get the internship too! :goodvibes

Haha! I think the fact that we are in our senior years is beneficial. I applied for this same internship last year. I didn't get it, but it seemed like all the students I talked to that did were in their final year of college. I hope we both get the internship too! :goodvibes

Hey guys, I wasn't told when I'll hear back. I was asked a technical question about labor hours too. And my interviewer didn't bring up what she is looking for in a candidate. Her name is Susan from California. I applied for both location but I live in Florida, so it'll be easier for me to find housing if I get a position in Orlando, but it'll be exciting to move to California for 6 months too!

I'm really nervous about this actually. I've been checking my e-mail whenever I can and everytime I do, I'm scared I'll get a rejection letter.

I'm anxiously awaiting a response from my second-round interview too... My second interview was with Bob V. (though that is not who I was originally scheduled to interview with) and he seems to have asked me the exact same questions, including the technical one about Labor Hours. The technical questions caught me off guard (even though I knew I should be expecting them) and I didn't answer them as confidently as I did the behavioral-type questions. The interview was primarily Q&A but for each answer I tried to elaborate and give a background story. Bob didn't give me a 1-2 week timeframe to be contacted, he just said information was forwarded to a committee and they would be the ones deciding.

I'm also a senior, graduating this May with a Bachelors in Accounting from the University of Utah (funny how close I am to Katie and others applying from BYU). I applied to both California and Florida but said I would prefer California (thats 2 for Cali, 2 for Florida so far right?)... I'm real nervous about waiting like the rest of you; I wish I could begin planning the next 6-months, but if I get the internship I'll be pushing back my Masters program and quitting my current job... Everything is in limbo right now and it's nerve racking. Good luck to all of you, hopefully only 1 more week of this terrible waiting....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter