Professional Internship - Fall 2011

The interview times really can vary, as well as the callers being on time. I interviewed with the CP program first and they were 10 minutes early with their interview lasting 30 minutes. Then I interviewed for one of the conservation education roles. They were almost 5 minutes late calling and that interview lasted about 30 minutes again. My last interview was another conservation education one and they were pretty much on time, but that interview was only about 15-20 minutes long.

While it is a good idea to have questions ready for the interviewers, I didn't have any. I had been asking questions for years to various people on my trips to Disney World so I had my bases covered. However, I did mention that. Especially on the last one. I had spent the weekend with someone who was an alumni of the program I was interviewing for (a friend of a friend) and so I explained that I talked to her. They did seem satisfied with those answers... However, it's supposed to be a month and a half or so until any animal PI decisions come out.

Does anyone else get really nervous when you check your email? Mine gets sent to my Blackberry and every time I see a new email I get really nervous that it might be a rejection...

So nerve-wrecking!!!

Super nervous! I've gotten rejections already for my bottom three/ the three I felt like I was least likely to get. So now I'm down to the three I really want and I check my e-mail about a million times a day and am terrified every time.

Does anyone else get really nervous when you check your email? Mine gets sent to my Blackberry and every time I see a new email I get really nervous that it might be a rejection...

So nerve-wrecking!!!

All day...:rotfl:

My iPhone "dings" all day, and nothing.

Sigh...and yesterday was my last day of school. I officially have my bachelor's degree, hopefully only good things from here on out.

Have a great week everyone :thumbsup2

Hey everyone!

So I'm in the process of apply for Fall 2011 PI's and I was wondering if anyone was successful in getting a PI without completing the CP. I know they prefer applicant who are CP alumni, but do you think it's absolutely necessary for positions without the CP requirement? (I'm applying for Accounting and Finance positions)

Thanks for your help!

I have my 2nd interview for conservation education presenter tomorrow!

Sending pixie dust your way!!!!

So I'm in the process of apply for Fall 2011 PI's and I was wondering if anyone was successful in getting a PI without completing the CP. I know they prefer applicant who are CP alumni, but do you think it's absolutely necessary for positions without the CP requirement? (I'm applying for Accounting and Finance positions)

I've known non-alumni who got PI positions... I feel like the alumni status is just an added thing for your resume, but if you have something that can add up or exceed that, you should be fine, so long as it's not an alumni only PI =D

Hey, does anyone know if all the PI programs require a second interview? (specifically Management PIs)

Not all PIs require a second interview, but from what I understand most of the Management PIs go through 3 or 4 interviews (initial screening, one-on-one, panel). Not sure if it's all the Management ones though...

Well I got my first rejection =/ Distribution Marketing Services - Event Planning.

Honestly, that was my 5th choice out of 5 so I'm not too disappointed... more or less just scared now.... haha :rotfl2:

If you don't mind me putting, what's your chief and what past practice do you have? If you still have more opening to apply I'd love to advise some thoughts that would craft you a superior entrant for the bridal preparation placement

Well I got my first rejection =/ Distribution Marketing Services - Event Planning.

Honestly, that was my 5th choice out of 5 so I'm not too disappointed... more or less just scared now.... haha :rotfl2:

Don't worry, I've see your blog, you were made for one of the wedding planning roles! I'm sure you'll get it!

Does anyone know if PI's are also allowed to work in the parks? I thought I read something somewhere that they could pick up extra hours (at a reduced pay, of course) and work in merch or something.

Has anyone heard of this or completed a PI where they got to work in the parks as well?

Does anyone know if PI's are also allowed to work in the parks? I thought I read something somewhere that they could pick up extra hours (at a reduced pay, of course) and work in merch or something.

Has anyone heard of this or completed a PI where they got to work in the parks as well?

I would love to know this too....DD would love to be able to keep her proficiancy at her attraction, plus she would just love to be able to see her friends on a regular basis!

I too would love to know! I've been looking into other tourism management positions as a second career possibility and would love to get some experience working in other areas of the park.

I'm currently on a PI and if your training is up to date, you can pick up shifts on Extra Hours. You just can't pick it up if it puts you in double time (less than 8 hours between one day's shift and the following day's shift).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter