• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Professional Internship - Fall 2011

Hi everyone! I just finished my PI in January in Guest Relations. I know this board was a huge help to me while I was going through the process of interviewing. Let me know if you have any questions that I can help with :)

One question I've seen here is whether the departments coordinate with one another to decide which internship spot you will have. They do not. I was offered 2 marketing PIs after I had already accepted my GR PI and the callers had no idea that I had another offer.

However, within the internship categories there is coordination (for example, you won't get called and offered both MK GR and DAK GR... those hiring teams select their team from the high-scoring applicants and everyone is aware when you are "off the table")

Hope that helps

Hi everyone! I just finished my PI in January in Guest Relations. I know this board was a huge help to me while I was going through the process of interviewing. Let me know if you have any questions that I can help with :)

One question I've seen here is whether the departments coordinate with one another to decide which internship spot you will have. They do not. I was offered 2 marketing PIs after I had already accepted my GR PI and the callers had no idea that I had another offer.

However, within the internship categories there is coordination (for example, you won't get called and offered both MK GR and DAK GR... those hiring teams select their team from the high-scoring applicants and everyone is aware when you are "off the table")

Hope that helps

You clearly were an extremely strong candidate getting offered 3 PI's. What was your greatest strengths in terms of your resume/interview? Do you have an extremely high GPA or a lot of experience in GR? I am worried that all though I think my GPA, Experience and Interview were all great, the fact that I have no disney experience (havent dont a CP) will hurt me.

Are you a CP Alum or did you apply for the non-CP Alum PIs? If it's the latter, I think we have to wait until the application closes on March 11 until we start hearing back from people. At least, I think so anyways...

The CP Alum PIs work a little differently....

Ah, that makes me feel a little better. I'm not a CP alum. I just kept reading these boards and seeing people saying they were having phone interviews and I was curious why I've gotten no response to my applications at all! Hopefully you're right and after March 11th we will hear something! That does make sense that the timelines would be different for the two, I never thought about that. Thanks ! :)

You clearly were an extremely strong candidate getting offered 3 PI's. What was your greatest strengths in terms of your resume/interview? Do you have an extremely high GPA or a lot of experience in GR? I am worried that all though I think my GPA, Experience and Interview were all great, the fact that I have no disney experience (havent dont a CP) will hurt me.

That's a tough question. Everyone is looking for a different combination of skills obviously... I had a very strong marketing GPA/resume which I think helped me with the marketing PIs. But, my heart told me to go with GR. I had some experience working in guest services at a resort and that was a big help. Leadership experience (management positions or student leadership positions) were a big focal point in my interview.

don't worry about not having done a CP before - I lived with 5 PIs, and only 2 of us were CP alum. Obviously, some positions are alumni-only. However, for the others the CP may be a "plus" but ultimately the CP is just another job on the resume and you have to prove yourself in other ways. I had just one or two questions during my interview about my CP experience.

I am so glad I found this thread. I'm literally about to start my PI applications when I finish eating lunch! I was talking to my friend who did her PI in 2008-2009 yesterday and she highly suggested I go for the PI instead of the CP. I'm going to be applying for a few of the Communications PIs and possibly a few others. I'm graduating with a degree in Print Journalism in May and am also going to be applying to jobs at magazines and such (I ultimately want to be a magazine editor). But I have a fairly strong resume with good, well-known internships and lots of communications experience and a good GPA. I was wondering if I should put my major GPA on my resume as well as my overall GPA (as my major GPA is higher by .15).

That's a tough question. Everyone is looking for a different combination of skills obviously... I had a very strong marketing GPA/resume which I think helped me with the marketing PIs. But, my heart told me to go with GR. I had some experience working in guest services at a resort and that was a big help. Leadership experience (management positions or student leadership positions) were a big focal point in my interview.

don't worry about not having done a CP before - I lived with 5 PIs, and only 2 of us were CP alum. Obviously, some positions are alumni-only. However, for the others the CP may be a "plus" but ultimately the CP is just another job on the resume and you have to prove yourself in other ways. I had just one or two questions during my interview about my CP experience.

Thanks, thats very reassuring. I was interviewed about 2 weeks ago for the accounting/finance PI and think the interview went really well. I also have a very strong ACC GPA/resume and being a CP was not a requirement. They did say there was only the one initial interview and now it's just a waiting game. For marketing and GR, did you end up having multiple interviews or just one?

Thanks, thats very reassuring. I was interviewed about 2 weeks ago for the accounting/finance PI and think the interview went really well. I also have a very strong ACC GPA/resume and being a CP was not a requirement. They did say there was only the one initial interview and now it's just a waiting game. For marketing and GR, did you end up having multiple interviews or just one?

I also had my Accounting and Finance interview, mine was about a week ago. Its good to know there is only the one interview. I have 3.60 GPA in accounting and have done an internship with Merrill Lynch as well. I really hope I get in, I never did a CP and it was good finding out I didnt need to do one for this internship.

Does anyone know how the housing internship works for Accounting and Finance PI's?

Hi all

I applied a while back (well, a while back being like 3 weeks!) for 4 Alumni PI's. I had my screening interview so I'm in the waiting game like everyone else. My background is in higher education so I'm pretty much focusing on the college program PI's. I graduate this spring so the job search is well underway. I did my CP at Fort Wilderness as a housekeeper (hardest job EVER, those people deserve a medal for all their hard work) and front desk hostess. Then I worked FT in attractions at Dinoland for a year making lots of friends and contacts and even becoming a trainer (I love love loved being a trainer). I don't really have any questions, just wanted to introduce myself :)

Hope that helps
Hey there!

I saw what you posted about being in Guest Relations and I had a question or two (or five) for you!

First off, which park did you work at?

It's been my dream to be in Guest Relations, so of course I'm freaking out about finding out. When did you find out?

Also, how do they decide- like what factors in the heaviest? Do they weigh heavier on your resume, interview, record card, former leaders recommendations/CP review, or some combination?

If you could help me out at all,I would greatly appreciate it!

Because I see some other people who applied for Accounting/Finance, I'm wondering if you applied for anything else? I would like to increase my chances of getting accepted, but none of the other PIs that I've seen posted seem to match my qualifications.

I have a phone interview scheduled for March 2nd for the Conservation Education Presenter Internship!!! :dance3:

Because I see some other people who applied for Accounting/Finance, I'm wondering if you applied for anything else? I would like to increase my chances of getting accepted, but none of the other PIs that I've seen posted seem to match my qualifications.

I stuck with just the one. If it's meant to be it's meant to be. I'm not getting my hopes up for this one which is why I've been applying to every big 4 position I'm eligible. funny to think Disney is just as competitive as EY PwC KPMG or Deloitte

I stuck with just the one. If it's meant to be it's meant to be. I'm not getting my hopes up for this one which is why I've been applying to every big 4 position I'm eligible. funny to think Disney is just as competitive as EY PwC KPMG or Deloitte

Ive applied to the big 4 too but its crazy hard to get into them as well.

I had multiple interviews for one of the marketing positions. For GR, it was just one. Some PIs seem to be very centralized (mostly just the alumni only ones). One interviewer rates your capabilities and disperses the results of the interview along with your resume. For other PIs, departments have their own processes that they follow. I've heard of people doing up to 3 interviews and submitting portfolios, etc. Hope that helps ! be optimistic :goodvibes

Hey there!

I saw what you posted about being in Guest Relations and I had a question or two (or five) for you!

First off, which park did you work at?

It's been my dream to be in Guest Relations, so of course I'm freaking out about finding out. When did you find out?

Also, how do they decide- like what factors in the heaviest? Do they weigh heavier on your resume, interview, record card, former leaders recommendations/CP review, or some combination?

If you could help me out at all,I would greatly appreciate it!

Molly I work at DAK :) I'm still in GR as a PT CM, going to school for my MBA FT now.

It was my dream, too! and it was the best working experience I've had. I found out in late March I believe (which I know seems forever away now :-/)

I am not sure how they decide, to be totally honest. I think interview is the most important.... your resume is only as good as you sell it to be, and GR is all about people skills. Resume is definitely important too, though. Most of the interns that I know had some previous guest service experience and/or reservation or ticketing experience of some kind. BUT there are definitely interns that had neither of those things, so don't freak out if your resume is different. Just saying those are good things to highlight if you do have some relevant experience in those areas.

Did you already interview?

same here! mines at 2, when is yours?

I have one for the Conservation Education Presenter at 1:00

I had an interview with the Conservation Education at the Seas coordinators yesterday and thought it went pretty well. I'm still playing the waiting game, but having the internships is helping a bit :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter