• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Professional Internship - Fall 2011

Had my interview today, I thought it went pretty well, but I never interviewed with Disney before so I don't have anything to compare it to. I interviewed for Finance/Accounting. I'm considering applying for a few more positions, but as an accounting major, I feel like that's the one I'm most qualified for by far.

I'm praying that everything works out for all of us.

good luck! :)

For everyone that got the Animal Programs PI email today - what 3 internships did you narrow your choices to? I'm aiming for the vet hospital, the aquatic vet hospital, or the conservation education presenter one. I was going to apply for the vet medical records one too but it said to pick 3 and that one doesn't sound very interesting to me.

I applied for the conservation education internships. I would have liked a few others, but right now I think those are my best chances. I just replied to the second email (cover letter and transcript) so we'll see where it goes now I guess :goodvibes.

well, i applied to 4 total, but 2 were not controlled my the people who sent the email, so i only listed 2. They were Vet. Medical Records and Conservation Education Presenter

Got the e-mail back from Animal Programs basically saying wait until May 1st! That's a long time from now........

I'm a non-alumni and applied for an event planning Internship with Disney Fairy Tale Weddings and Honeymoons :bride:. They also have a sales consultant one I was looking at. There were some other event planning internships I was looking at as well that I might apply for.

I applied on Monday and haven't gotten anything except for the "Thanks for applying, we're reviewing candidates" email. I guess we'll see =D

Got the e-mail back from Animal Programs basically saying wait until May 1st! That's a long time from now........

Ya no kidding... I can't wait for May. The only thing making my wait better is that I got into the college program so I'm going for something either way.

Had my interview today, I thought it went pretty well, but I never interviewed with Disney before so I don't have anything to compare it to. I interviewed for Finance/Accounting. I'm considering applying for a few more positions, but as an accounting major, I feel like that's the one I'm most qualified for by far.

I'm praying that everything works out for all of us.

I also interviewed for the accounting and finance PI hopefully we make it in lol

So with all the animal internships having us reapplying for these last few days and then saying we're pretty much waiting till May 1st to hear something... I just got an email for a phone interview for the Conservation Education at the Living Seas!

I know that there's still going to be quite a bit of wait, but the interview still got me really excited when I woke up this morning :goodvibes

Just applied for 3 more internships: Catering and Convention Services, Disney Fairy Tale Wedding Consultant, and Distribution Marketing Services - Event Planning... here's hoping!

So I had an interview for 2 PI's....if I don't get either one of them, am I able to apply for any more? Or do you basically just get one chance at it

I just set up my first interview. I have a dilemma. I applied for another large company and accepted a summer internship that run June-August. I didn't expect Disney to contact me because I have applied for internships(non-PI) with them before and heard nothing back.

Anyway, I would have to back out of a commitment with the other internship. When talking to the interview setter, he told me I can interview now and see if they like me and then tell them I want a Spring 2012 internship. Is this correct? Has anyone had experience with this?

So with all the animal internships having us reapplying for these last few days and then saying we're pretty much waiting till May 1st to hear something... I just got an email for a phone interview for the Conservation Education at the Living Seas!

I know that there's still going to be quite a bit of wait, but the interview still got me really excited when I woke up this morning :goodvibes

congrats! im still waiting to see if i need an interview, but i cant wait to just find out! i really want to get one! the animal internships are stressful haha

Aaaaahhh just got the generic verification email for my AP PIs!!

In a couple weeks I'll get SCUBA certified and be applying for one more, hope that doesn't throw anything off.

So I had an interview for 2 PI's....if I don't get either one of them, am I able to apply for any more? Or do you basically just get one chance at it

You can apply for more but keep in mind that the app. deadline for Management Internships is next week and PI's are not too far behind. The chance of you hearing one way or the other before the apps close is pretty much non-existent.

I just set up my first interview. I have a dilemma. I applied for another large company and accepted a summer internship that run June-August. I didn't expect Disney to contact me because I have applied for internships(non-PI) with them before and heard nothing back.

Anyway, I would have to back out of a commitment with the other internship. When talking to the interview setter, he told me I can interview now and see if they like me and then tell them I want a Spring 2012 internship. Is this correct? Has anyone had experience with this?

You can certainly tell them that you would rather wait until spring 2012, but that doesn't mean you have a spot in the spring, it just means that you have to go through the whole applying process again. They don't "hold" spots. Basically what it comes down to, is which you want more, and which is right for you at this time in your life.

Either way, Good luck.

Does anybody know if it is possible to be accepted to more than one internship? Do the disney people all collaborate together and decide which internship to place you in? Or do the departments not communicate with one another about it?

congrats! im still waiting to see if i need an interview, but i cant wait to just find out! i really want to get one! the animal internships are stressful haha

Ya I know. The only thing keeping my stress level down is that I was accepted into the college program as a lifeguard so if I don't get an internship (which I'm hoping will happen), I still have something down there.

I'm just nervous about the interview now... And I'm sure after I'll be back in the same boat as everyone else and waiting anxiously for May 1st.

My Disney Professional Internship phone interview is done. My interviewer called me 10 minutes early, but I was all ready to go before that. I feel like the interview went well. I smiled throughout and was enthusiastic. I made sure to wish the interviewer and the team to have a magical day at the end. :) Now the waiting game begins..

How long is it usually after you apply until you get an interview? Do they e-mail you? I applied for several a couple of weeks ago and have not heard anything.

How long is it usually after you apply until you get an interview? Do they e-mail you? I applied for several a couple of weeks ago and have not heard anything.

Are you a CP Alum or did you apply for the non-CP Alum PIs? If it's the latter, I think we have to wait until the application closes on March 11 until we start hearing back from people. At least, I think so anyways...

The CP Alum PIs work a little differently....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter