• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Problems with TVs on Jetblue

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
I don't know if we're just really unlucky or what. We have taken about 5 round trip direct flights on Jetblue. On our second trip, both of our TVs weren't working. Flight attendent said nothing they could do. Last year, our SILs TV didn't work. This trip, DH had audio, no picture on the way down. I had audio, no picture on the way back. As I look around the plane, everyone else's TVs seem to work. Are we just really unlucky to have problems on 4 out of 10 flights? Or is this pretty normal?

DH usually sits in the window seat & I sit in the middle. I do put a carry on under the seat in front of me, a large tote bag type thing. Do you think that affects anything?

I know this isn't a big life problem, but the TVs are a big part of why we choose Jetblue & then to have them not work is pretty annoying. Any thoughts?

No idea if JetBlue would do something similar, but on a recent AirCanada flight my entertainment console wasn't working. I told them and they gave me a voucher for 5% off my next flight. It's not a lot, but it's better than nothing.

We've flown on Jetblue quite a few times and have had no tv service twice. The last time it happened they gave me a $15 voucher to put towards a future trip to make up for the inconvenience. As annoying as it is, I understand that they can't do anything about it at the time and always make sure I bring alternate entertainment.

I fly Jet Blue quite frequently and had never had a problem with my tv or with anyone's in my traveling party. However I have occasionally seen other people on the plane have random issues with theirs.

We flew Swissair a couple of years back and had one TV that didn't work. I think they just break down sometimes and IMO those "on demand" video units can be a little squirrely in general.

I hope its a one time thing, as we have a flight on JB in 5 days. :happytv: Doesn't really matter to me, though as I will be reading my school stuff and its a 3 hour nonstop flight. :goodvibes

im very unlucky too, my tv on jetblue never works!:confused3 theyve never given me a voucher but they will now that i know they exsist! :rotfl:

On most of my flights, I've been fine. It wasn't working on my most recent flight at first, but the flight attendant reseted the system, and it worked. If your tv wasn't working, Jetblue gives you a $15 voucher for future use on Jetblue.

im very unlucky too, my tv on jetblue never works!:confused3 theyve never given me a voucher but they will now that i know they exsist! :rotfl:

At least we're not the only ones. Sorry it happens to you too. :) Guess if it happens again, I'll be asking the flight attendent how to get that voucher. Since the first 1 told us they couldn't do anything, we've never questioned it again.

Thanks for your replies everyone!

I think it's a common problem. I have flown JetBlue four times and during three of these flights the tv either didn't work at all, or only worked part of the time.

Not a scientific survey but it might be interesting to get up and count the number of TV's that are off.

I miss the seatback TV's on Delta (their former Song division) on trips to MCO (Disney). Now I do recall that the program selection was quite limited. On another flight, I forget the airline, (Honolulu to Taipei) they had seatback TV's with I think hundreds of movie and prerecorded TV show choices.

We usually don't have any problems with the tvs, but one time we did and they gave us each a $10 voucher to use on a future flight. I was very surprised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter