Problems with Romancing the Mouse??

bunky8384

Earning My Ears
So I'm wondering if anyone has ever had any communication problems with the husband and wife who run Romancing the Mouse? We booked their 5 bed/5bath home for our upcoming Disney vacation. We leave a week from Friday. I've emailed them twice now about our flight itinerary and payment options and have yet to hear anything back. I'm freaking out thinking some how we've been lossed in the shuffle... Seriously not what I want to be worrying about less than two weeks from my vacation. UGH!!!

Hi, as a former owner and landlord of a Disney home, I appreciate your concern...Hopefully this post finds all problems solved and no need to intervene further....If not, I did white pages for Orlando and Holly and Mark Honeck...hope this helps...good luck...Ted

Frankly IMHO a website should always contain a contact phone number...If there was one for R the M, I did not see it.

Mark W Honeck
(407) 390-9192

I know Mark's mom had some health issues not long ago and I'm not sure if that's been resolved.

I'd try calling in your situation or at the very least try an email with URGENT in the subject line. I did receive an email from Mark about a week ago, and the website calendar was updated this weekend, so I know he's out there. I did just check my confirmation and it says 2 weeks before arrival they'll send info, so it's a little late.

P.S. When you get back, I'd love to hear about the 5 bedroom. Looks like we'll be staying there next June.

We put a query in Windsorhillsrent just over a month ago. They replies saying that we could get a quote from their website. I tried many times but the link wasn't working. I emailed them 3 times to request a quote as I couldn't get the link to work but got no reply to any of my emails. We ended up giving up and moving onto something else. It was a shame. We would really have liked to stay there.

So I've gone from a little worried to completely freaking out! I don't know what to do here... UUUGGGHHHH!!!! I still haven't received an e-mail back and if I haven't by later this afternoon I will be calling the number you gave me, Ted. I guess if I don't speak to them later this afternoon I will cancel through them and hope to god I find another pool house to rent. I think I'm going to cry I'm so completely mad about this. :sad2:

I still haven't received an e-mail back and if I haven't by later this afternoon I will be calling the number you gave me, Ted. I guess if I don't speak to them later this afternoon I will cancel through them and hope to god I find another pool house to rent. I think I'm going to cry I'm so completely mad about this. :sad2:

IMHO, email is a great tool for communications but when communication slows or, as in this case, stops you really should try other means.

I'd suggest not waiting to receive an elusive email response and just call them. It's just not worth the stress that you're placing on yourself.

Prepare by writing down all the pertinent information about your stay (dates, what's been agreed on so far, money that's been exchanged, etc.), take a deep breath, calm yourself, and make the call.

Just my two cents.

Dick Taylor

http://www.vrbo.com/374715
http://www.vrbo.com/40027

Hi, Found these homes available in Sunset Lakes where we spend the winter...great location, gated, spectacular lake view...Formosa Gardens Blvd area...

Windsor Palms, also Formosa Gardens area
http://www.vrbo.com/126949

Emerald Island, also same area as the others.
http://www.vrbo.com/361357

If R the M falls through at this point, I would email any or all of these owners and tell what you were paying for R the M, that the deal fell through and would they accept their rate for the week (if published rate on the site is higher than R the M.) I would rent our 7 bedroom home for any reasonable price to a last minute rentor as it made me money rather than let it sit empty.

I hope you do not need to look further, but I am sure any of these folks would be more than willing to rent to you...I do not know any of them, I just did a vrbo.com search for the dates you needed...

Good Luck...Ted

I have read many good things about R the M on this board so I hope you get this sorted :goodvibes We stayed at Windsor Palms in December and saw their car on that estate - we thought they must live there.

I was finally able to get in touch with Mark today. :thumbsup2 He was very apologetic about the whole situation and I now have all of our travel information as well as a couple cell #'s to get in touch with them. Thankfully, crisis seems to be averted! Now I just feel slightly crazy LoL! :rolleyes1

I was finally able to get in touch with Mark today. :thumbsup2 He was very apologetic about the whole situation and I now have all of our travel information as well as a couple cell #'s to get in touch with them. Thankfully, crisis seems to be averted! Now I just feel slightly crazy LoL! :rolleyes1

Good to hear! I would love to hear a review and see some pictures when you get back. We're excited to be staying there in 250 or so days!

Do you have any of those cell phone numbers still. We are leaving in 3 days and I have not heard from Mark! I am freaking out!!!!!!!

This is Holly's cell: 321-443-3471, but it was a year ago and they never responded to it even though we were told to use it.

I have to say, this trip we are staying at Tropical Retreat and it has never taken more than an hour to hear back from Terry when I had questions.

Lack of comminication is very frustrating.

BEVELAND --- did all end up gong well? We were exciting about staying at this property for our upcoming January stay but now am leery about the communication situation. I definitely will not need any added stress :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter