Problems with Disney Visa?

2excited4words

Mouseketeer
I got a Disney Visa to get reward dollars to use on my trip. Once I put my hotel/dining, MVMCP tickets, breakfast at the castle which I decided not to use 2 TS credits for, and stuff like that on it, I'm going to have close to $50 in reward money (1% on your charges). Plus there were incentive vouchers when I signed up. My thinking is, why not get something back from the credit card company to spend on souvenirs or out of pocket dining? Have any of you that used this visa had any probelms with it? I know I need to send off for my reward card a month or so before my trip to make sure it gets here or whatever, but to me this is just basically free money for using their card as long as you pay your balance and they don't get you in finance charges, which for like the first 6 months is 0%.

Is your disney vacation costing you $50,000, because 1% of $50,000 is $500. That seems really high to me. If your vacation is $5,000 then you would only get $50 in rewards (don't mean to be questioning your math, but like I said, I've never heard of a disney vacation costing that much)

I have the disney visa and have had no problems with it, but I haven't cashed in any of my rewards yet. We go to disney in November and I plan on using it then. I will have had it for a little over a year then, I charge everything to it, groceries, restaurants, any shopping, you name it, I charge it and pay it off every month.

My mom got a Disney Rewards card for the same reason, to rack up "free" money for DW. Parents used the card for a little over a year, paying it off each month. When I was ready to book our trip I told mom to check on her rewards. We were thinking $50, maybe $100. They told her $664!!! I was sure it was a mistake and planned as such in my budgeting. I really thought once we got the card the actual amount would be more like $64. Granted, my mom had bought a living room suite on the card, but there was no way they charged $66,400 in 1 year!
Anyway, we got the card, I trotted down to AAA to make a payment fully expecting my bubble to be burst and owe them a bunch more money. Nope! the card had $664 on it. :yay: :banana: :yay:
Unfortunately my parents have found a different card that pays them actual cash back so they stopped using the Disney card but it certainly helped me out this year! :woohoo:

I got my Disney visa card in late 2004 and we put almost all of our daily purchases on it, as well as big ticket items and pay it off each month. For our trip this past February, we had over $500 in rewards. We decided not to use them to help pay for our package (as we had intended) and to instead use them for fun money. We had no problem using them in the parks and we really felt like we got to spoil ourselves with the "free" money! We rented our stroller with it, bought drinks and snacks in the parks and resorts, bought souveniers in the parks and World of Disney, and even started working on our Disney kitchen with it! I know there are other cards that give you cash rewards, but I like my Disney rewards because I know where they are going to be used! :goodvibes

I have a Disney Visa, too, and I love it. Not only do you get the rewards card, but you also get 6 months zero interest to pay off WDW packages. Other than that, I pay it off each month. The rewards card is great. I usually use it for pin money!!

I'm not exactly sure what you want here, but I'm gonna post my problem with my Disney Visa. But first I was to tell you a bit about my experience. I used it to purchase everything (even purchased stuff for my sisters, brother, and parents on it just to get the points: they paid for the bill when it cam). I loved it. I had like $100 reward and collected them for my trip to Disney last September. I called, ordered my card, the agent was very helpful and answered all my questions. When I used my rewards card in WDW it stated on my receipt how much was left and the CM there even circled it for me.

Anyways, problems started about October, I think. My bill didn't arrive. I called the company and they said that it should come by whatever date it was and if it didn't call back and they will send me a copy. They also confirmed my mailing address. It didn't and I called. They sent me a copy (which I didn't get for two months), gave me my balance, and the address. The agent said that it probably got lost in the mail. I sent in my check to pay for my bill. November comes around, again no bill. I called again to complain about not getting my bill. They said it probably got lost in the mail and I said twice in a row? Anyways, checked my address again, they asked if I had problems getting my other bills or mail and I said no (which I wasn't). Finally December rolled around... guess what. NO BILL! I was very upset. I called and they gave me the same run around they had been giving me before that the US Postal System was losing my mail (now I know it happens, but 3 months in a row from the same company? Maybe someone out there has it out for me and is keeping my bills!) Anyways, that was it, and I pulled the card from my wallet.

I finally used it this month and am monitoring it very closely to see if I get a bill. I'm not sure if I will or not, we'll see.

I'm not exactly sure what you want here, but I'm gonna post my problem with my Disney Visa. But first I was to tell you a bit about my experience. I used it to purchase everything (even purchased stuff for my sisters, brother, and parents on it just to get the points: they paid for the bill when it cam). I loved it. I had like $100 reward and collected them for my trip to Disney last September. I called, ordered my card, the agent was very helpful and answered all my questions. When I used my rewards card in WDW it stated on my receipt how much was left and the CM there even circled it for me.

Anyways, problems started about October, I think. My bill didn't arrive. I called the company and they said that it should come by whatever date it was and if it didn't call back and they will send me a copy. They also confirmed my mailing address. It didn't and I called. They sent me a copy (which I didn't get for two months), gave me my balance, and the address. The agent said that it probably got lost in the mail. I sent in my check to pay for my bill. November comes around, again no bill. I called again to complain about not getting my bill. They said it probably got lost in the mail and I said twice in a row? Anyways, checked my address again, they asked if I had problems getting my other bills or mail and I said no (which I wasn't). Finally December rolled around... guess what. NO BILL! I was very upset. I called and they gave me the same run around they had been giving me before that the US Postal System was losing my mail (now I know it happens, but 3 months in a row from the same company? Maybe someone out there has it out for me and is keeping my bills!) Anyways, that was it, and I pulled the card from my wallet.

I finally used it this month and am monitoring it very closely to see if I get a bill. I'm not sure if I will or not, we'll see.

By any chance did you sign up for access to your account on-line?? Dh did about two months ago--this was just before free dining came out, and we thought maybe it would be advertised through his account by checking on-line. Anyway, this past month our bill didn't come in the mail either. Dh called, and it turned out they hadn't sent out a paper bill--apparently, if you sign up for on-line access they don't send you one (expecting you to just check on-line, and pay it that way). So he had them switch it back to getting it in the mail. I'll be checking come the first of June to make sure we actually get it!

I'm confused about what you mean by "6 months interest free on WDW packages"? Are you saying you get 6 months after the trip to pay it?
We put a deposit down and we have 6 months to pay the balance before we leave and we didn't use a Disney credit card.

By any chance did you sign up for access to your account on-line?? Dh did about two months ago--this was just before free dining came out, and we thought maybe it would be advertised through his account by checking on-line. Anyway, this past month our bill didn't come in the mail either. Dh called, and it turned out they hadn't sent out a paper bill--apparently, if you sign up for on-line access they don't send you one (expecting you to just check on-line, and pay it that way). So he had them switch it back to getting it in the mail. I'll be checking come the first of June to make sure we actually get it!

I am also signed up for on line access, but I still get a bill in the mail every month (although, I always pay it online, never by snail mail) But who knows, I very well could have marked something when I signed up online to keep sending me bills in the mail, I don't remember.

I'm confused about what you mean by "6 months interest free on WDW packages"? Are you saying you get 6 months after the trip to pay it?
We put a deposit down and we have 6 months to pay the balance before we leave and we didn't use a Disney credit card.

After you pay your $200 deposit, you have so long to pay the balance (i can't remember how long.) If you pay the balance by Disney VISA, you then have 6 months interest free to pay your credit card bill.

The six months interest free is from the time you charge the trip on your card. It's still a pretty goo deal, becasue any other card would start charging you interest right away. If you budget, your trip could be paid for before you leave.

The great thing about the rewards cards is that you can add reward dollars to them anytime online. I advise ordering it right away...it won't expire for a year and then right before your trip you can add any more rewards you have earned to your card. It's instant online & really easy.

I used my 140 rewards dollars for spending money last time...it was so nice to just buy that Christmas ornament or stuffed Mickey for DD & not worry about the budget.

Enjoy!

Can someone tell me if i can call to have my points put on a rewards card & if so how long does it take to get it & how long is it good for. Have a trip planned for sept.& have enough to probaly buy an annual pass with or maybe one and a half passes. thanks for any help.:idea:

I think they tell you to leave 3-4 weeks to recieve your card once you request it. You can call or do it online. Once you have your card it is good for a year & you can reload it with any rewards you earn in the meantime.

You can also get your card at Guest Relations in DTD by showing them your Disney Visa and your ID. Once they give you the card (takes about 2 minutes), they will direct you to a phone in the building that you can use to call the Visa number and they can transfer points for you right then and there. It is very easy and the points will be sent immediately. I prefer to do this rather than risking that the card might not arrive in time. I am not sure if there are any other places where you can get the card but you can call Disney Visa and ask them.

I've been accessing my account online for years. I never had a problem getting my statement in the mail. But when I had called, they told me they had sent out the bill (each time) and insisted the Post Office lost it.:confused3 I dunno, we'll see if I get it next month.

Make sure you pay it on time to not get interest. I missed getting a bill that had $16.00 on it. The next month's statement had a late fee and interest that added totaling aaround 40.00. I called and told them I didn't get the bill. They took it off. The operator said there would be another finance charge next month and to call and they would take care of it. I immediatly paid the late balance and we paid the remaining balance before the due date, which was rather high because we put the down payment of a car on it to get rewards money. When the next month's bill came there was another $30.00 finance charge. I called to get it removed and they refused. Unfortunately I didn't know the name of the operator I talked with before, but they said they already did this once I couldn't expect it again, even if it stemmed from the same missed payment, which it did. So missing a $16.00 payment can cost you over $70.00. No wonder they can give rewards! So if you carry a balance it will reflect in two statements ont one. I don't understand it even though they tried to explain. I never really needed to worry about it because I don't carry balances on credit cards so I don't know all the ends and outs of it. I just learned an expensive lesson. I fit weren't for our August vacation I would have cut it up and sent it to them.

Does anyone know, if I transfer my balance from my Disney Visa to another card, will I loose my rewards dollars? Thank you

We love our Disney VISA and have used the Rewards Cards for our last several trips to WDW. No problems at all.

Interestingly enough, during two separate VISA purchases the card company required us to call and verify that we actually were the folks whose name appears on the card - no big deal except on both of these vacations we were puchasing items right within WDW!!! You'd think that the trip deposit X months prior to the trip and the fact that we go every year would not tend to flag that sort of purchase.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're verifying the charges, but the fact that we've never been asked to do so before for much larger purchases back home makes me wonder what their suspect fraud criteria is.....?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter