• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

problems booking?

dalt01

DIS Veteran
someone is booking a rent for me and for 2 days now he says that there is some kind of problem (accounting problem with the point system?) getting it done and that they assure him the reservation is on hold till they get it straightened out. anyone else having the same problem?

While I haven't had a need to call myself, there have been reports here over the last few days of glitches in Member Services reservation system. Rooms disappearing right before they are booked, etc.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I am supposed to call back today to actually "book" the room, since the system would not let the agent borrow them yesterday. Supposedly, my room is on hold, but the MS agent did not sound 100% sure of this process. I am calling now!

I called about a half hour ago and was also told the system was down and to try again tomorrow. Hope they get it straightened out soon.

I called twice today, first told system down, to call back, then told system down to call back tomorrow. I am not going to be home tomorrow. I sent two emails to them. I sure hope they are read correctly and all goes well. I needed to take one day off of a reservation, I will be sick,:sick: if I loose the reservation.

Me too. The system was reallocated points into the wrong catagories. It took all of my reservations that are all ready booked with banked points and now show they are booked with new points and now all of my banked points are showing that they were never used which means I'll lose them because I've already booked 5 weeks worth of trips and had planned to bank my 07 points. So the system now says I'll lose over 300 points if I don't use them. Hopefully I'll get some help next week because I was told they are working on the computer problems this weekend. The supervisor assured me that my points would be bankable, but they are not in the catagory that says they are available to be banked. This has caused me a huge headache because we put alot of time into sorting these things out and making sure we use our banked points first. I talked to 5-6 different CMs on Thursday trying to straighten it out. Now I have to wait.

I checked the website and my problems are still on my account. So no fix for me. Hopefully by Wednesday. If not, I'll be back on the phone. I told them I would give them a few days. I'm not optimistic that it will be that easy.

I know the person doing my reservation for me said she was on hold for a very long time yesterday but was able to get us a room for 4th of July week :)
I hope you all get your stuff fixed so no one loses their points!!

When I first heard about this I went and got my point totals and double checked them on the website. I even printed them off for both my contracts.

I am not worrying too much yet, don't need to call until the end of the month.

I tried called yesterday and got a busy signal for about an hour. I'll try again on Monday.

They still cannot verify reservations and supposedly my Feb 2008 reservation is there, but they can't tell me when or what resort it is for. I'm not sure I believe them anymore. It irks me that they can't confim my reservation, they can't give me a confirmation number, I can't check the website or call back and check with another CM. It's just blind faith and I don't have any of that right now.

My BWV SV reservation was lost when MS tried to book 2 nights for us at VB. Then VB reservation was lost and I had nothing. This was today. I was given to a supervisor who now has me booked in OKW (but couldn't give me a ressie number says computers were slow). He also put me on the waitlist to get my SV BWV studio back.

Believe me, this is not the result that I wanted...we were at VB 2 weeks ago, in bad weather for much of our stay, but we love the resort and just wanted to go back and thought we would make a WDW, VB, WDW week at the end of this term.

We have the air, we're going on vacation, but from now on, I'm staying away from MS when their computers are having trouble. I had called earlier in the day, and was told that computers were down, call back, after 11, then after 1...well, at 2:30 and an 8 minute wait, all I got was frustrated.

Bobbi

My BWV SV reservation was lost when MS tried to book 2 nights for us at VB. Then VB reservation was lost and I had nothing. This was today. I was given to a supervisor who now has me booked in OKW (but couldn't give me a ressie number says computers were slow). He also put me on the waitlist to get my SV BWV studio back.

Believe me, this is not the result that I wanted...we were at VB 2 weeks ago, in bad weather for much of our stay, but we love the resort and just wanted to go back and thought we would make a WDW, VB, WDW week at the end of this term.

We have the air, we're going on vacation, but from now on, I'm staying away from MS when their computers are having trouble. I had called earlier in the day, and was told that computers were down, call back, after 11, then after 1...well, at 2:30 and an 8 minute wait, all I got was frustrated.

Bobbi

Oh Bobbi,
This is so upsetting! I have emailed a change to a reservation for Thanksgiving, I am going to be horrified if it is messed up! I wish now, that I had waited until this is all straighten out.

Oh Bobbi,
This is so upsetting! I have emailed a change to a reservation for Thanksgiving, I am going to be horrified if it is messed up! I wish now, that I had waited until this is all straighten out.

I hope you will be OK!

For me, I can understand that the SV BWV studio was taken immediately by the computer, but I don't understand how a garden view inn room was taken by someone else exactly at that moment. It's just a bit more than 2 months away, and IF it had been still available, I think it highly unlikely that some one wanted it, just as I did. I doubt that it had been available in the first place, but of course I have no way of knowing that. To think, I thought I was incredibly lucky that something at VB was available at this short notice.
Not so!
Bobbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter