• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

problems at BCV

Daitcher said:
Not this guy again. I'll let it go just this once. pirate: Why do you still post? :confused3 I thought you were out of the sysytem.

DAVE
Becuse, I still LOVE Disney, DVC was great the first few years we owned, and will we purchase again if DVC dumps the room ready policy.
Just becuse we don't own DVC doesn't mean I can't post here, mind you own business.

I am staying at BCV as I speak. We checked in on Sunday night at about 7 pm (also used magical Express) and also got a handicap accessible room. The CM checking us in seemed very nice but never mentioned we were going to be in "the only room left for the night". Just for info it's not the fact that it's a "handicap accessible room" that is the specific problem. It is smaller than a regular room, has NO CLOSETS or other hanging for clothing, and has no vanity in the bathroom for toiletries. When we asked for a different room we were told nothing was available until the next day. When we asked to speak with a manager a room became available. We are adding another room tommorrow (since we will have an extra person) so I will be sure to go down to the front desk bright and early to check in for it and make sure it's not smoking or handicap accessible!!! Our room asssignment showed minimal acknowledgement of any requests.

Wow, checking into a room at that hour kind of makes you feel like you have wasted a day's points. That really stinks! I would still DVC know, things won't change until enough people complain.

MikeSquared said:
Becuse, I still LOVE Disney, DVC was great the first few years we owned, and will we purchase again if DVC dumps the room ready policy.
Just becuse we don't own DVC doesn't mean I can't post here, mind you own business.

Mind my own business? What is this grade school? I asked a simple question about why you choose to still post on this forum. You are not an owner and from the sounds of it don't plan on becoming one again. Another board would be more appropriate for you. Everyone is entitled to post but it is a little much when someone posts just to bad mouth DVC. The problem with your purchase lied with your lack of knowledge with the program. No where does it state in any contract that you are guaranteed a certain view or location. If the view was so important to you then you should have purchased a BWV resale and booked BW view. Now before you spout off about being shown the congress park view I've heard you say it before. Showing the best rom in the house isn't unususal or decpetive. Should they have shown you the room with the dumpster view? Take this persons posts with a grain of salt because they do not understand the program and do not understand the whole basis of requests and the room ready system. You being a former member, I'll drink to that. :drinking1

DAVE

Daitcher said:
Mind my own business? What is this grade school? I asked a simple question about why you choose to still post on this forum. You are not an owner and from the sounds of it don't plan on becoming one again. Another board would be more appropriate for you. Everyone is entitled to post but it is a little much when someone posts just to bad mouth DVC. The problem with your purchase lied with your lack of knowledge with the program. No where does it state in any contract that you are guaranteed a certain view or location. If the view was so important to you then you should have purchased a BWV resale and booked BW view. Now before you spout off about being shown the congress park view I've heard you say it before. Showing the best rom in the house isn't unususal or decpetive. Should they have shown you the room with the dumpster view? Take this persons posts with a grain of salt because they do not understand the program and do not understand the whole basis of requests and the room ready system. You being a former member, I'll drink to that. :drinking1

DAVE

The moon must be doing strange things to the tide! Dave, this is the 4th post in a row from you that I am in total agreement!! :thumbsup2

Here's one for you Dave! :drinking1

Rozzie said:
The moon must be doing strange things to the tide! Dave, this is the 4th post in a row from you that I am in total agreement!! :thumbsup2

Here's one for you Dave! :drinking1

Here Here :drinking1

Dave, what's gotten into you ;)

MikeSquared said:
I can't speak for the other resorts, but VWL and VB still use the pre-assigned room method. :smokin:

MG

sajetto said:
Here Here :drinking1

Dave, what's gotten into you ;)

Rozzie and Sajetto,

I'm not sure what has goten into me but lets drink to it anyway. :drinking1 It is nice to feel the love once in a while instead of the flames. :banana:

DAVE

Daitcher said:
Mind my own business? What is this grade school? I asked a simple question about why you choose to still post on this forum. You are not an owner and from the sounds of it don't plan on becoming one again. Another board would be more appropriate for you. Everyone is entitled to post but it is a little much when someone posts just to bad mouth DVC.
You didn't just ask "a simple question", you said "Not this guy again" bla bla bla... and it's none of your business why I still want to post on this forum. If you don't like it, block my posts or take it up with a mod.

Daitcher said:
The problem with your purchase lied with your lack of knowledge with the program. No where does it state in any contract that you are guaranteed a certain view or location. If the view was so important to you then you should have purchased a BWV resale and booked BW view.
Look, I've explained this MANY times. :furious:
I understood exactly what I bought into, the room assignment policy has changed since I signed my contract. If I'm allowed to make requests then I expect DVC to do their best to honor that request per the contract I signed. I KNOW they're not guaranteed and never expected that, but I have a problem when the desk at BCV could care less about my requests and just stick me in the next available room. I think it's lazy, and they're just catering to complainers that can't wait until their room's ready ignoring the official check in time of 4pm.

Before the room ready policy I never had a problem with the room I was assigned, even when we got one next to a noisy elevator since it met our requests. I also do not have a problem waiting for a room like some other people that don't understand the 4pm check in policy, who's complaints started this room ready bunk in the first place. We always check in around 3pm, and since room ready is being overused at BCV we have got stuck our last 4 trips with a room we did not feel comfortable in. This would never happen to a paying customer at any other Disney resort, including the BC.

Daitcher said:
Now before you spout off about being shown the congress park view I've heard you say it before. Showing the best rom (sic) in the house isn't unususal (sic) or decpetive (sic). Should they have shown you the room with the dumpster view?
I don't know what you're talking about, I've never said anything about a BWV view nor have I used points there, you must be confusing me with someone else.

Daitcher said:
Take this persons posts with a grain of salt because they do not understand the program and do not understand the whole basis of requests and the room ready system. You being a former member, I'll drink to that.
There are others that feel the same as I do about the room ready policy, I'm just not going to put up with it so I sold. I still like the idea of DVC and will buy again when I feel they care more about the owners, specifically at the BCV.

MikeSquared said:
You didn't just ask "a simple question", you said "Not this guy again" bla bla bla... and it's none of your business why I still want to post on this forum. If you don't like it, block my posts or take it up with a mod.

Look, I've explained this MANY times. :furious:
I understood exactly what I bought into, the room assignment policy has changed since I signed my contract. If I'm allowed to make requests then I expect DVC to do their best to honor that request per the contract I signed. I KNOW they're not guaranteed and never expected that, but I have a problem when the desk at BCV could care less about my requests and just stick me in the next available room. I think it's lazy, and they're just catering to complainers that can't wait until their room's ready ignoring the official check in time of 4pm.

Before the room ready policy I never had a problem with the room I was assigned, even when we got one next to a noisy elevator since it met our requests. I also do not have a problem waiting for a room like some other people that don't understand the 4pm check in policy, who's complaints started this room ready bunk in the first place. We always check in around 3pm, and since room ready is being overused at BCV we have got stuck our last 4 trips with a room we did not feel comfortable in. This would never happen to a paying customer at any other Disney resort, including the BC.

I don't know what you're talking about, I've never said anything about a BWV view nor have I used points there, you must be confusing me with someone else.

There are others that feel the same as I do about the room ready policy, I'm just not going to put up with it so I sold. I still like the idea of DVC and will buy again when I feel they care more about the owners, specifically at the BCV.

Mikesquared I'm sure you are a nice guy just trying to enjoy your WDW vacations like the rest of us. I feel if you would have held on a little longer you would have seen that the room ready policy is working beautifully for all except those who check in late. To those who do check in late: Why waste the points for a day and put up with the possibility of getting a stinky room? Stay off site the first night. Mike, Here is my last three experiences at check in: " welcome home Mr. "Daitcher", how was your trip? OK, I see here you requested top floor non smoking. Here are the rooms we have ready right now and where they are located. Here are the rooms that will be ready later in the day after 4:00 p.m." What is wrong with that? I chose my location each of the last three times. 2 trips to BCV and one to OKW. BCV I got a top floor Epcot view once, a second floor pool/lagoon view the second time. OKW I chose a building close to the common area (1624) with a great view of the golf course and water. All of these times I arrived from 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. I wasn't there at the crack of dawn. Am I just a blessed person who always gets a great room? :confused3 I certainly don't think so. The vast majority of guests will be satisfied if DVC continues this type of service. You stated that DVC doesn't care about there guests, specifically at BCV. I couldn't disagree more. Whether they put a lot of stock into all of these requests is irrevlevant. They care about the owners and they really listen to members wants and needs. They have always been very responsive to any of my complaints or feedback. Sorry membership didn't work out like you hoped but please don't blame DVC. They are at the top of the list for timeshares for customer satisfaction. They must be doing something right. For every angry Mikesquared there is thousands of satisfied members. I also could have sworn it was you that had stated that when they give tours of SSR they show the beautiful DTD view from Congress Park. I thought you used this to show that DVC does put stock into views. This wasn't you? :confused3 I'll have to look through the boards to see if I can find that from you. If I'm wrong, I apologize. The only other thing I feel you are owed an apology for is the fact I insinuated or maybe directly stated that you shouldn't post here. Everyone deserves to be heard no matter how off base they are. Here's to you Mikey! :cheer2:

DAVE

Daitcher said:
Here's to you Mikey! :cheer2:
Thanks for the nice response, maybe one day we can meet up for that beer. :drinking1

I just haven't felt that DVC welcome at the BCV over the last 2 years, I expect more from the staff there. We've only stayed outside of BCV twice, both times at OKW and both were great, so I don't have much experience with check in at the other DVC's. We were planning to buy another 150 or 200 OKW or SSR points, and even went to the tour at SSR during our last trip. We always check in around 2:30 - 3pm, but I still think your wrong about the people who check in late. I don't see a problem with late check in as long as people checking in earlier get the room they were assigned, late check in shouldn't mean leftovers. The owners requests at each DVC should have priority, and the best way to accomplish this is to take into account when the reservations are made. Room ready should also be a request, and should not interfere with requests made on earlier reservations. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that point.
BCV is a small DVC, we bought there because that's where we wanted to stay most of the time. My main complaint is with BCV, but DVC allows the room ready policy which BCV over uses, even if other resorts are more balanced with their check ins.

Wow, Dave!!! I just hope I can get some of your "blessedness" at BCV sometime. I neglected to mention on my previous post, that we checked in around 1:30, and our room was ready by 3:15. I was pretty excited about that. I called, and they operator said we only had one room number (it was a 2bdrm), so I assumed we were assigned a dedicated....I was pretty excited about that, too. When I pulled out my room map (we were in the lobby). It was smoking studio.... :confused3 ? The check-in desk was really crazy, so I went to the concierge. They were really nice, but kept reminding me that my map was not an "official" WDW map (I got it here of the dis), and was probably wrong. I asked if they had a map of the resort, and they said, "No." They kept trying to assure me that my room was, indeed a 2bdrm non-smoking (it was on the 4th floor right in the middle of the other smoking rooms). I finally asked the guy to please have someone else verify that the room was correct. A girl came over, looked at the computer and said, "No, that room is a smoking studio." She then explained that we had also been assigned the room next to it as our 1bdrm portion, and that, since we had already been up to the room, our room could not be changed. I explained that we had NOT been up to our room, that I had called, and looked at my map....that's how I knew the room was wrong. She then said, "Well, I'm sorry but all rooms are full, we cannot give you anything else." Then, she left. I explained to the guy that my mom CANNOT stay in a smoking room, and that we had "no smoking for medical reasons" added to our request. He looked and said, "Why yes, you do." He looked around to make sure the girl was gone, and said, "I'll get you a non-smoking room." He asked what my view requests were, and then said that no rooms opening up that day would meet my requests. He gave me a choice of two 2bdrms that would be opening, and we picked a second floor one. He said, "This room is ALMOST ready. Give us 15 minutes." That was at 3:45. Our room was not ready until after 5:30. I was so happy that the guy at the concierge was SOO nice...I gave him a big :worship: everytime we walked past, and brought him some "treats" from the park. But, it did seem like a big mess that shouldn't have been.

When I attended the annual meeting, I stayed after to speak to the GM about this (and other request issues). He was pleasant, (I think he probably is a VERY nice person), but he said, it is his opinion that NONE of the BCV rooms have very good views, and he could not understand why we make this such an important issue. I asked about filling requests on the order that the ressies were made, and he said taking the time to fill requests by some sort of "pecking order" is not what he would ask any of his staff members to do. He then said something about being happy that we are at such a beautiful resort (which is true...but, probably not the best for him to say). He seemed SOOOO gracious about other questions and requests, but he seemed to get very "stern" anytime a request/view issue was raised....I think this is definitely a "button" issue with him....he seemed to have VERY little patience for these questions. I left feeling VERY confused. On the one hand, I was glad that he was not "blowing smoke" by saying he would address something that he had no interest in addressing, but I also felt that the owners' requests at BCV mattered very little to him....but, maybe it is just the "view" requests that he is not concerned with? :confused3

Anyway, I came home and did some "thinking"...would I be happy in "whatever" room I get at BCV...because, I really don't think views are a priority for the staff at that resort (at least under this GM...who has been there many years). And, the answer is...yes!!! I decided I would try to be much happier with whatever I get. However, this is an answer that each one of has to answer for ourselves.

:wave:

Beca

The handicap rooms are a blessing for the handicapped but a royal pain for those that are not.
This happened to us at our last stay at BCV.
We had two little kids who took baths and the handicapped shower stall was not an option.
We too got the "all sold out" attitude.
For the money we paid to be told my kids couldn't take a bath and a few of the other changes that others have mentioned here, my head almost exploded i was so mad.
We were bumped up to a 1 bedroom for a night and treated like that was a big deal and we were getting the something special.
It was nice BUT we couldn't unpack because we were just going to be moved the next day.
Hardly a relaxing "welcome home"!!
Not that it matters because they sell out anyway but I've told numerous people not to bother with DVC just because of this ridiculous room situation.
And we initially checked in at around 8PM.
When I was told by a family member that it's better to check in early for the reasons stated in this thread I thought it was a joke.
That checkin process is called "half-***" where I come from.
But we're a captive audience aren't we?

If we can't check-in by early afternoon, say 1:00 PM, we stay somewhere else the first night. Does this truly make a huge difference in getting your requests met, I don't know. But we almost always check in by 9:00 AM and have always had our requests met. Even those requests that we put in at the desk when we are checking in.

I honestly think attitude has sooo much to do with it. If guests arrive with the attitude that the CM's are obligated to meet their requests because they own at that resort or that they have paid a lot of money or they made these reservations 11 months ago, the CM's are more likely to tell you that nothing is available. On the other hand a gentle, "I hate to bother you, but do you by any chance have...." goes a long, long way.

Remember, we may have paid thousands of dollars to belong to DVC, but the CM's are seeing guests every day that pay upwards of $400/night to stay in the resort and aren't screaming because they haven't received the view they had hoped.

Is it true that paying guests and DVC members paying cash are given priority for room assignments - at least at some of the DVC resorts?

I have so much to say right now that I don't even know where to start.

Our last visit started off horrible at the BCV's mainly because we were assigned a smoking room, then another smoking room, then a handicapped room. I wish I could say that I got the "Good Evening Mrs. ######, all of your requests have been met" as others have reported. If you recieved such treatment you should consider yourself extremely lucky.

We arrived the day after Christmas and got to the BC after 5 and were first given an absolutely smoke filled room. The guests before hand must have smoked constantly in the room because even the bellman said it was bad and he had stepped into a lot of bad rooms. We called the front desk before he even left the room and they gave us another room. I was already out in the hall because after just 30 seconds in the room I felt my chest tightening up and I started having trouble breathing. The next room honestly was even worse. I went immediately out on the balcony. The bellman left, he had had enough of us I guess and my husband got back on the phone as I searched for my inhaler. They said there was nothing else available and they would send up new comforters, an air purifier, etc and that we should leave for a few hours and it would be better once we returned....We went to the Orlando Ale House and then to the outlets.

Well you know what happened next, right? You are right, we returned to that smoke filled room and NOTHING had been done..NOTHING!! My husband called immediately and asked for the manager. He was told he was not available and they said they would beep him. He then told them what was happening and the operator said she would send someone up. The maid arrived and saw that I was out on the balcony having an asthma attack. She left the room and said she called whomever immediately and within 5 minutes the manager was at the door. By this time I had left the room and my daughter brought me down to the Breezeway to recover. The manager put us in a handicapped room for the night and said we could move in the morning if we liked.

So the next morning, my husband goes to the front desk and says he would like to know what room we would be getting before we put our stuff in storage and AMAZINGLY they were going to put us in the ORIGINAL smoke filled room. Needless to say, we decided to deal with no closet space or shelves for the next week because there is NO way we were going back into a smoke filled room....Honestly, I couldn't believe this was happening. Also, I kept on feeling guilty that there might be someone at the resort that "needed" that HA room and didn't have it because we were in it.

As many know, for Christmas week you must make your arrangements 11 months in advance. Our ONLY request is Non Smoking for medical reasons. Our ONLY request!!!!

Others are correct that arriving later in the day means left overs. You truly get the rooms no one else wanted. Last year our plane got in at 6:30 so we did stay the night at the airport. This year with our flight arriving at 3:30 we elected to get to the Beach Club that day. It was a mistake.

The room ready policy stinks as others have mentioned. We have been reconsidering our ownership lately and we have owned for quite some time. We purchased over at the Boardwalk when it first opened and sold our BW points to buy at BCV's when it opened so I know the difference between what is happening now at the resorts versus what used to occur. If this new pool heating policy becomes permenent, we will sell our membership.

We don't just go to Disney every year. We vacation in August and in December at the BC, in April we go to an island. This year we are going to Bermuda, last year we went to Jamaica, the year before the Dominican Republic. I could easily take the $40K my points are worth plus the $2K+ a year in dues and spend my vacation dollars elsewhere. We do love Disney but there are some things occuring right now that are making it harder to love.

Alexander said:
Remember, we may have paid thousands of dollars to belong to DVC, but the CM's are seeing guests every day that pay upwards of $400/night to stay in the resort and aren't screaming because they haven't received the view they had hoped.

That isn't true. Last August, I was sitting in the lobby waiting for my daughter and a man was screaming at the front desk because they gave his family of four a king bed room at the resort, not the Villa's. Of course this was not acceptable to him and they told him the only way they could accomodate him was to charge him extra for a conceirge room!!! I was glad he didn't back down and demanded to see a manager. They were trying to put two adults and two children into a room with only one king size bed!

DVC members are not the only one's who complain. Everyone complains these days.

I have read your experience, and I can't believe what happened!! I would not only call DVC management; but I would contact WDW management. I would not stop calling until someone gave me more satisfaction. Checking in at 9:00 PM and not having a room ready is so absurd. You can stay at the Holiday Inn on US 192, and get better service than that! :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

I can't imagine a room not being ready at 9pm. I would have gone postal myself.

Mentioning the requests. I have developed a new way of going about it. I make NO REQUESTS, only NS. Never had a CM ever acknowledged my requests that were made prior, it's like they were never there. We get there early, stay somewhere either on the road or wherever, and check in no later than 10am. I also do the "is there anyway, anyhow, you could give me this, I know your job is hard..." (of which I could never do, it really is a job that I would be fired the first day!) It's called room-ready, I don't like it, but it is the only way I have been successful with it. ;)

MikeSquared said:
Thanks for the nice response, maybe one day we can meet up for that beer. :drinking1

I just haven't felt that DVC welcome at the BCV over the last 2 years, I expect more from the staff there. We've only stayed outside of BCV twice, both times at OKW and both were great, so I don't have much experience with check in at the other DVC's. We were planning to buy another 150 or 200 OKW or SSR points, and even went to the tour at SSR during our last trip. We always check in around 2:30 - 3pm, but I still think your wrong about the people who check in late. I don't see a problem with late check in as long as people checking in earlier get the room they were assigned, late check in shouldn't mean leftovers. The owners requests at each DVC should have priority, and the best way to accomplish this is to take into account when the reservations are made. Room ready should also be a request, and should not interfere with requests made on earlier reservations. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that point.
BCV is a small DVC, we bought there because that's where we wanted to stay most of the time. My main complaint is with BCV, but DVC allows the room ready policy which BCV over uses, even if other resorts are more balanced with their check ins.

Mikesquared,

Seems like we've reached some common ground. You've done what you feel best serves your needs. There are certainly issues that could develop that would cause me to sell. I undersatnd now that your true frustration is really with the perception that they don't care about you as a guest. It is never right to be made to feel that way. I hope something works down the road. A BWV resale would work for you. You could at least book the BW view at 11 months out. Good luck and happy travels. Maybe we will meet up for that beer someday.

DAVE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter