Problem with Undercover Tourist Universal ticket

dotcomgirl

Earning My Ears
So I'm extremely nervous about this whole situation...

I leave in 2 weeks to meet my friend at Universal. She bought her Universal tickets on Undercover Tourist over a month ago. The tracking info shows that the ticket was delivered. She never received it. She contacted Undercover Tourist and they sent her an email with her ticket number and told her that she could get the ticket reissued at guest services at the park.

Everything I see on Undercover Tourist's website says that if a ticket gets lost, they will CANCEL that ticket and reissue a new one. To me, this does not sound like the ticket has been cancelled. What if we get to the park and someone has actually already used her ticket?

Should I be concerned or should I let it go? I'm mostly worried that if we cannot get her a reissued ticket at the gate, we will be screwed for that day because our first day at the parks is on a Sunday when Undercover Tourist is closed.

Last edited:
I would call back UT and ask why there policy says cancel and resend. They might consider the tickets not lost since they show delivered. But they could still void them and send new ones, win for the and win for you.

It says:

When you purchase tickets from our website, we will do everything we can to ensure safe delivery of your tickets. We have several security procedures in place. In the highly unlikely event that your Disney tickets are misplaced/lost/stolen during shipment/transit, your tickets can be cancelled and new ones reissued at the parks.

Honestly this just sounds like the same thing being described in two ways (confusing ways, yes). UCT is an amazing company that has never let people down. I wouldn't worry about this at all.

Did she contact USPS? Quite often they show "delivered" when they mean "delivered to the local post office", then it's sorted and delivered. The mail carrier might have it still, if it was only recently shipped to her.

Also, UCT tends to ship in pretty low-key envelopes. Did your friend throw away something that looked drab and boring and from no one she knew, without opening it? If that happened recently, it was very likely her ticket.

I agree that UCT ships in unmarked plain white envelopes. I wouldn't suspect someone swiped it before they delivered it to her house because they wouldn't have anyway to know what was inside.

Did she tell UCT that she was leaving in two weeks? Perhaps they felt they didn't have time to ship new ones out to her, which is why they said to have it reissued at the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter