Problem with tickets from way.com

Sun Lover

Mouseketeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet99645 View Post
I had ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM with way.com tickets.

As soon as I got my confirmation email, I called Disney directly to make sure the tickets were good. The CM I talked to had never heard of way.com, but he also didn't think that was weird that he didn't know every vendor out there.

They worked just fine at the turnstyle, where they gave us our 5 day PH the first morning. On my last day I upgraded mine to an AP.

It's legit.

(And really, if it was NOT legit after all these good reviews, I'm sure you could contest the charge with your credit card)

Once Disney gave the confirmation numbers its blessing over the phone, I was not worried at all.

I just purchased 2-day park hopper Disney tickets from way.com. I received the confirmation email and printed the tickets. I had read on the boards where people said to call Disney and give them the confirmation number to make sure the tickets were okay. I did this a few mins. ago and the CM at Disney asked for my name and address, put me on hold 4 times and came back and said his supervisor had canceled these tickets because they were not legitimate. They also asked me how I purchased the tickets and when I said I used a credit card, he said they show they were purchased with a gift card, so I assume way.com must do that in order to issue the tickets. What a mess this is now. I called way.com and am waiting to hear back from them. Disney said when they canceled my order, the money was being refunded to the gift card, so basically to way.com. I hope my credit card company will refund me the money and that this can be straightened out. I have 5 weeks to go before we leave on vacation so at least I have time to deal with it. I don't know now if I try to repurchase them, if Disney will have my info on file and will invalidate the tickets. Has anyone else had this experience?

I bought two-day park-hopper tickets from way.com this past summer.

I took the "ticket" they emailed to me as a printout to the turnstile. They took my picture, gave me a ticket and I was on my way.

Never once did I think about calling Disney to ask about the tickets since I was buying from another vendor.

I'm sorry about what happened to you, but it really feels like there is something more at play here.

As a Disneyland newbie, this makes me nervous. I planned on buying my tickets from way.com, but now I'm worried I should order them direct from Disney and just pay the extra.

I've bought tickets through way.com twice and used them with absolutely no issues at all. I also recommended them to 2 co-workers who also used them with no issues. None of us ever called anyone to 'confirm' they were valid. I'm not sure what's going on in the OP's case, but personally, I would not hesitate to use way.com again.

Just from my perspective, way.com seems shady. I don't know why, particularly, they just do. Maybe its because of the way the website looks, or the obscurity. I, personally, have always avoided them.

I bought 4 APs from way.com last spring....to the tune of about $2k.... Followed the instructions set forth. All worked just fine. No problems. Bought 2 5-day PHs for friends last month to use this month. Had my brother purchase a 5-day PH last week to use later this month. I expect no different experience. I don't feel like I should check up on the tickets.

I don't know how Disney's system works. Can't comment as to how or why the OP ran into this problem. So far my way.com experience has been fine.

How soon after you got the email did you call? I'll bet there's a lag between when way.com sells a ticket to when Disney gets the info that that ticket has been sold. And I bet there's also a lag between when Disney gets that data and the call center has access to it.

There is more to this story. There is no way this website is selling Disney tickets without approval by Disney. There are vendors who sell for less than Disney, both in CA and FL. They do with with full blessings from Disney. Disney would shut down any that didn't. At least any as blatant as this.

I would like to know what way.com told OP
Not to mention, I don't have any clue why anyone would call to check on the tickets.

There is more to this story. There is no way this website is selling Disney tickets without approval by Disney. There are vendors who sell for less than Disney, both in CA and FL. They do with with full blessings from Disney. Disney would shut down any that didn't. At least any as blatant as this. I would like to know what way.com told OP Not to mention, I don't have any clue why anyone would call to check on the tickets.

True. And it's not like way.com popped up selling tickets recently. They've been selling them for years. Disney has seen & honored a lot if way.com-sold tickets in that time.

I had heard of way.com here on the Dis and I was also leary of using them. I called getawaytoday.com which I know is legit and has a good rep and they price matched the way.com price. So that is an option if you are leary.

Another satisfied customer of way here. Bought tickets 2 years ago that worked fin, so they're not new.

Planning on buying more soon for our March trip.

We bought tickets from them twice with no issues...there seems to be more to the story.

bought a 2 day park hopper 2 weeks ago from way. used ticket at turnstyle. no probs at all. second purchase from way,com. i am a satisfied customer.

Another happy way.com user. Bought 2 AP's 18 months ago with zero problems. Depending on price, I might go with them for our upcoming trip.

His story makes me trust Disney less. A supervisor cancelled tickets? That means he saw them in the system and decide they weren't legit? Even though they were in the system?

I assume way will answer properly and meantime I would contact Disney again to chat about the supervisor's actions.

Here's an update to the problem with the tickets. I contacted way.com after the Disney rep told me the tickets were canceled and the problem is I never should have called to confirm the tickets were valid. I only did that because a few people said that's what they did and because I had never used way.com before, I thought it would be a good idea. The CM at Disney I spoke with clearly didn't know what to do when I gave him the confirmation number. As I said, he kept putting me on hold to speak to a supervisor. In the end he acted like Disney was irritated that I had used another vendor and said tickets should only be purchased directly through Disney and that they had invalidated these tickets and were crediting the money back to the gift card used to purchase them (way.com). They cannot be used. The supervisor's name is Sarah, but they wouldn't tell me her last name. The rep from way.com got back to me yesterday and said they used to have this problem frequently a couple years ago but now purchase the tickets a different way but that sometimes when people call them on the phone, they get confused. He said he has to contact Disney to see what they have done with the tickets and he will get back to me. He said if I want way.com to refund my money, they will. He was helpful and seemed to understand my problem. I hope they can just reissue new tickets. I'm waiting to hear back from him and I will do another post to let you know what happens.

Wow, hopefully they can just take your credit and reissue you tickets. We used them for our 2011 trip with no problems. In 2013 we used Orbitz just for the ebates, but I wouldn't hesitate to use Way.com again. In fact, it was faster to use the Way tickets since I didn't have to trade in the voucher at the ticket booth like I did with the Orbits tix.

We used 9 way.com tickets in December. Easy peasy and no problem at all.

I had trouble with "get away today" dining vouchers. Although the cast members at the ticket booths told me that GAT is amazing and this was a fluke that they could not find our tickets. Fluke or not it was very frustrating!

His story makes me trust Disney less. A supervisor cancelled tickets? That means he saw them in the system and decide they weren't legit? Even though they were in the system?

I assume way will answer properly and meantime I would contact Disney again to chat about the supervisor's actions.

Without knowing anything about the story from the Disney side you assume the OP has it right and understands the issues and explained the situation correctly?

I didn't even understand the original post because I could not tell where the quote from another thread stopped and where their story began.

And then who do you call at Disney to ask if the ticket you have is legit?

way.com is no different than arestravel.com or any other Disney Authorized Reseller or travel agent, except it is a lot smaller. It is a little company in Sunnyvale, CA. It is legit, but there is no reason to expect anyone at Disney answering a phone to know about a very small company in a little office suite in Sunnyvale.

https://www.way.com/aboutus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter