Problem Signing in

JºoºhnG

DIS Lurker but getting out a little more often now
Because My user name contains an ALT character I can not sign in the normal way. When I try to sign in by hitting ALT 1 6 7 the board sends me to the first page of the Discussion Form and I am unable to get in.

The only way I can sign in to the Forms is to request a password reset and sign in that way then the Board recognizes my Username.

Can anything be done? ( I do not want to re-register or Change user name.)

Any Assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

JºoºhnG

Sorry, registering again with a username containing only normal characters is your best bet.

Thanks for the reply Kathy.

I put my semi-technical brain :idea: to the task and came up with this solution.

Instead of entering J - ALT 1 6 7 - o - ALT 1 6 7 - h - ...etc. I cut and paste my user name from another program such as Word or Outlook or something that I have running most of the time.

It takes a little longer but at least I don't have to lose my username and I don't lose my August 1999 Registration date... I'm kinda proud of that... One of the original members... :surfweb:

I also checked the Remember me box now as well.

Thanks

JºoºhnG <------- pasted from Outlook! :teacher:

PS: Do you think this might earn me another TAG :woohoo: Maybe you know one of the TAG FAIRIES :rolleyes1

Hi John, looks like you found a solution.

You might just paste your name into a simple Notepad document and save it to your 'My Documents' folder, or even to your desktop, should you need to do a cut and paste.

Open the notepad document, quickly do a CTRL-A, then a CTRL-C, then click on the DISboard logon box and do a CTRL-C.

Of course using the 'remember me' should help considerably.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter