Problem due to lack of no expire option.

technically there is no length of stay pass anymore also. We commonly left many days off the ticket in case we didn't use them and most of the time it was a cost savings in the end. however, fastpass+ has kind of changed this depending on what the important for your family things are. While you can get some fastpasses on the fly, certain things like specific character meets and the newest rides are impossible to get while on your trip (most of the time).

Did you happen to ask if you could refund several of the days as you weren't feeling well and can't use them? What about doing an insurance claim, I know some insurance coverage would want a medical note saying you weren't able but not all. even if you didn't get insurance, you might have some via your home/rental coverage and some credit cards has some travel insruance that many don't even know they have.. not sure it's worth putting the claim in for a few days of tickets but might be worth asking to make an informed choice.

my daughter recently got sick and we had to get 3 more nights and hit a lot of change fees. our coverage didn't require medical proof and I got a big chunk of it back.

I also email guest services a lot, never needed to go above them but interesting idea :) time to mix up disney now with some emails on things that are bugging me :)
Thank you for your reply. The lost money isn't going to break me, there were only 2 of us. I understand the Fastpass thing others have brought up, but for cost conscious travelers it may be a different story. One has to weigh how important Fastpass vs possible lost money is. I merely mentioned it as another thing to consider when buying Disney tickets.

Writing letters to the CEO has always (with very few exceptions) worked well for me, so why reinvent the wheel. :)

I merely mentioned it as another thing to consider when buying Disney tickets.

It is wise advice that I have used in the past. Never a huge savings but probably saved about $100 a trip for days we didn't feel like going into a park instead of having $100 lost. People seem so paranoid over fastpass+ like you must have it or you can't ride anything that I can't see them taking it.

There is also a cost savings vs. the cheaper per day price of longer length of stay tickets. The fewer the days, the more expensive per day the ticket is. You can't just compare a savings of oh we didn't visit a park today, so we saved X dollars by not buying a ticket for that day. You also spent more per day for the days you did visit.

Most people visit Disney to tour the parks, especially if they are infrequent or first time visitors. For those people, it makes more sense to buy a longer-length ticket because the daily cost is less (in addition to FP+ booking).

There is also a cost savings vs. the cheaper per day price of longer length of stay tickets.
1. The fewer the days, the more expensive per day the ticket is.

2. You can't just compare a savings of oh we didn't visit a park today, so we saved X dollars by not buying a ticket for that day.

1. Only if you are discussing the math of averaging the cost across the entire number of days.
Still, each day does, indeed, cost a given (X) amount.

2. Actually, you CAN say that, because any day you do not pay for a park ticket, you do save X dollars.
The AMOUNT of X can vary by how many days worth of tickets that you buy.

It wouldn't dawn on me to write the CEO unless there was a problem that wasn't addressed appropriately.

This. I don't understand the thought process behind sending a letter (both the time and cost) that will at best be opened and read by someone's admin and then passed down for guest services to deal with. In reality guest services would very likely take care of it quickly and easily after one simple email contact. I mean if you had tried that and got nowhere i could maybe see it but otherwise it wouldn't be my play. When really nuisance items make their way to executive offices they generally don't generate a big reaction. Its more or less passed down to whomever should have received it and left for them to deal with. I personally just wouldn't pay the cost to mail it for the same result I could have for free.

If it makes you feel better, OP, have at it and good luck.

Writing letters to the CEO has always (with very few exceptions) worked well for me, so why reinvent the wheel. :)

I think I've had two experiences that would have warranted me to write to an official person. I was too lazy and busy with real life to actually sit down and do it either time though.

This almost sounds like a hobby of yours though. How many CEO addressed letters have you actually written?

It wouldn't dawn on me to write the CEO unless there was a problem that wasn't addressed appropriately.

I absolutely would write the CEO. The poster's problem is one that may happen more often than one thinks. WDW has gone from one extreme to the other - non-expiring tickets to length of stay - both were once available now only the most restrictive is. Perhaps tickets should have a window of time after the first use - 6 months for example - to give customers flexibility. The expiration could be printed on the ticket.

Although the poster's intention is to speak for himself, in essence he is speaking for all visitors. Offsite visitors are as valuable as onsite visitors and there may be a less restrictive expiration that services all consumers whose plans are interrupted or changed due to circumstances beyond their control.

I then realized that there is no good reason to buy a length of stay pass. Since you can add days as you go along, that is cheap insurance against taking the loss if something unforeseen should come up during your vacation.

It is cheap insurance, but aside from losing advance FPs, it also comes at the cost of having to wait ~30 minutes at the ticket window every morning to add on a new day. Maybe I'm just too impatient to get inside the park once we're there, but that would drive me nuts.

It is cheap insurance, but aside from losing advance FPs, it also comes at the cost of having to wait ~30 minutes at the ticket window every morning to add on a new day. Maybe I'm just too impatient to get inside the park once we're there, but that would drive me nuts.

I can't imagine where and when there'd be a 30 minute line at a ticket booth anywhere but Magic Kingdom... The busiest days I've seen have been at Epcot on New Year's Eve and then Saturdays during Food & Wine, and even then people generally weren't waiting 30 minutes unless all the windows got tied up with AP contracts or major issues to resolve.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that it would be a massive pain in the butt to add days to your ticket every single day, but it wouldn't be all that time consuming. (Particularly if one chose to do the adding of days in the afternoons or evenings when even fewer people tend to be at the ticket windows.)

Ok, so this is all making me wonder. I bought, years ago a 7 day, no expiration Fun &More ticket. I have used 5 days and am going for 3 more days. So, my ticket is one day short. Can I take this ticket and add a no expiration day to it at Guest Sevices?

Ok, so this is all making me wonder. I bought, years ago a 7 day, no expiration Fun &More ticket. I have used 5 days and am going for 3 more days. So, my ticket is one day short. Can I take this ticket and add a no expiration day to it at Guest Sevices?

No, you can't add to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter