Probably silly question, but...

LadyZolt

DIS Veteran
When I called today to get a dinner reservation at LTT, they asked if I was on the dining plan. Why do they ask that? Do they keep a certain number of tables set aside specifically for those on the dining plan? (I'm not going to be on the dining plan because I'm staying at Shades of Green and am using park tickets that we bought last year and added the "no expiration" option to.) I did get the reservation I wanted, but I wondered why they ask that? Also, they asked where I would be staying. I know that would matter if it was a Disney Resort because of the 180+10 days, but why not ask that only if the person is trying to book something beyond 180 days? Maybe no one knows, but I figured it can't hurt to ask. :)

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

Good question, I'd love to know the answer to that too!!! I almost wonder if everyone who says yes, will have a big black spot on their reservation indicating it or something:rotfl:

Maybe because of the rules they themselves have to follow?

I am on the DDP and the only thing I can think of is them saying "i've got reservation this and that for you and it's 1 (or 2 for some) tableservice worth out of DDP".

I can imagine that in their training they're being told to allways tell the client how many tableservices worh they are booking, so none can complain about "I've never been told that".

At least they don't give a care about how many ADR's you make. I've had 9 TS (none on the same date and time) while I've only got 8 TS on the DDP. The CM's knew it (both did a recap for me and named the nine and "you've got nine"), and didn't care about it nor state anything like it wasn't allowed.

We are using DDP in the fall. When I made ADR's, they told me after each one how many TS credits it would take. I think that is why they ask - so you know how many credits you have booked.

WisMom

Ah! That makes sense -- it would be good to know how many credits you booked if on the dining plan. It probably comes right up on the computer and has the CM ask before proceeding so it's not forgotten before the end of the call. I appreciate everyone's insight! :)

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

When I made dining reservations, I was first asked where we were staying (Shades of Green). It should have been evident that I was not even eligible for DDP, but the CM asked if I was using it anyway. At each TS location, the host/hostess asked if we were on DDP at check-in, then the server asked again. I suppose there are people who change their plans and get the DDP after making the initial ADRs, so the restaurant needs to double-check when you show up, but it seemed like overkill when the server asked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter