• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Probably postponing our Wedding :(

reese5574

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone...I'm sad because my fiance and I talked about it over the weekend and due to some unfortunate personal setbacks, we most likely are going to have to push our wedding date back from the planned March 30, 2006 date. Now I know in the grand scheme of things, and with all of the tragic things that have happened in the world lately, it's probably a bit dumb to be upset about this. I am very sad, though, and I hope that doesn't make me a bad person. Just felt like sharing. :sad1:

Hey I can understand where you are coming from 100%. There is a good (very good chance) that my fiance and I will have to postpone ours as well. And I feel like the biggest suck when I think about it, but I am putting so much effort and planning in to this wedding, that I will be a little (okay alot) heartbroken if we have to postpone it. The good thing that we have to remember is that we have the men of our dreams in our life, and that is the most important thing. The wedding will come when it comes I guess. But I hear you all that way!

I've had to set back my wedding twice now (the first time being two weeks before the date :guilty: ) and I know it's not easy. We had to push back due to DH2B's need of good health insurance, which neither one of our companies at this time can nor will provide. You'll be amazed how understanding everyone will be. I wish you the best.

When are you getting married and at which location cause my date is only 7 months away to!

And to the all the brides that have had to push it back i understand and feel for you and I am so sorry for that!

reese5574 said:
Hi everyone...I'm sad because my fiance and I talked about it over the weekend and due to some unfortunate personal setbacks, we most likely are going to have to push our wedding date back from the planned March 30, 2006 date. Now I know in the grand scheme of things, and with all of the tragic things that have happened in the world lately, it's probably a bit dumb to be upset about this. I am very sad, though, and I hope that doesn't make me a bad person. Just felt like sharing. :sad1:

To Reese5574 (and all the other couples who have to push back their weddings), my heart goes out to you. Perhaps you can have a simple ceremony and put off a more elaborate one until you are ready for it? Do consider that route if the two of you have your hearts set on marriage. Don't let anything stand in the way of true love.

My husband and I had a very simple ceremony when we got married (justice of the peace with no family since they all lived thousands of miles away). Then 20 years later (last October), we had a Fairy Tale Weddings vow renewal in the Wedding Pavilion, followed by a private after-hours dinner party inside the "Great Movie Ride" at the Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park. This time we had close family and friends with us and it was wonderful. You can read all about my saga in my FTW VR Planning Session trip report (click here). I'm proof that dreams really do come true...sooner or later...

I wish you the best.

Good luck and lots of pixie due to those that have to postpone. Not to sound cliche, but things do happen for a reason and when 1 door closes, another 1 opens, so just keep positive and you'll see how good things can turn out.
Pixie dust headed your way :wizard:
And I'm sure you could use a hug, too :grouphug:

Personal sadness is not wrong just because there are things to be sad about globally. I feel for you because i am not a very patient person, so it would be difficult for me to deal with that kind of disappointment. Here is another hug :grouphug:

cattjer said:
When are you getting married and at which location cause my date is only 7 months away to!

And to the all the brides that have had to push it back i understand and feel for you and I am so sorry for that!

We are actually just going to visit the wedding sites in 7 months to start planning our wedding. We are very excited though, I can't wait to be back in WDW.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for being so supportive. I know I'm not the first bride who's ever had to postpone their wedding and it helps to know that how it makes me feel is not abnormal. The way I'm going to look at it is this...now I'll have more time to plan!!! :cool1:

Thanks again, everyone :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter